Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cloud is Dead (Final Fantasy VII CYOA)

Say F: Both are just as important, because everything we build and create we also leave for the future generations. Even if what you say about Shinra is completely true, you are just as guilty as they are. The people you killed today and before were just trying to make the best of their lives they could. They were never able to stop you but you killed them all the same, not for anything they’ve done, but for being in your way.

F > C actually, because basically this is C, I just like my wording better. :P

Do D. Duh. I just hope it doesn't get us killed (I don't like the wording "..before she kills you" in E). Stealing is out of the question. As the last two examples have shown, Lady Luck fucking hates us.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Say F: Both are just as important, because everything we build and create we also leave for the future generations. Even if what you say about Shinra is completely true, you are just as guilty as they are. The people you killed today and before were just trying to make the best of their lives they could. They were never able to stop you but you killed them all the same, not for anything they’ve done, but for being in your way.

F > C actually, because basically this is C, I just like my wording better. :P

Do D. Duh. I just hope it doesn't get us killed (I don't like the wording "..before she kills you" in E). Stealing is out of the question. As the last two examples have shown, Lady Luck fucking hates us.
This. :salute:

Dayyālu

Arcane

(sighs) Posting in a FFVII CYOA :roll:.... but you piqued my interest. Another vote for this.
In truth, I'd prefer B, channeling the great Morgan, but let us do a "useful" vote.

CEO Nwabudike Morgan said:
Resources exist to be consumed! And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright? None I say! Let us take what is ours, chew and eat our fill.

Jester

Arbiter
This i like that Zero tries like me to make the best of your free form option.
:lol:

Oh and 2E.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Say:
F: Both are just as important, because everything we build and create we also leave for the future generations. Even if what you say about Shinra is completely true, you are just as guilty as they are. The people you killed today and before were just trying to make the best of their lives they could. They were never able to stop you but you killed them all the same, not for anything they’ve done, but for being in your way.

Do:
[Lady Killer] Steal the kiss...Even thought I wanted so bad to grab sum titties.

The kiss could serve a purpose, by reminding her that we are a human and not some meaningless target in front of her. She seems to be wavering about her convictions, and every little bit might help. It could also earns us a beating as well though.

Random

Arcane
Patron
Prologue Redux Part IX

"That's a difficult question. Both are just as important, because everything we build and create we also leave for the future generations. Even if what you say about Shinra is completely true, you are just as guilty as they are. The people you killed today and before were just trying to make the best of their lives they could. They were never able to stop you, but you killed them all the same, not for anything they’ve done, but for being in your way," you say to her scornfully.

The woman grimaces. Maybe she hates what you said, or maybe it hit home for her. At that point, your natural urges take over and you lean in for a kiss -

THWACK!

You groan in existential agony as her knee slowly withdraws from your groin, the predictable result of trying to make a move on a girl who you do not know, who is your enemy, who you just tried to shoot, and whom you just called out for her hypocrisy. She glares daggers at you, holding you further out now. "I'm going to toss you to the elevator cable. Grab onto it if you want to live. Oh, and don't try to shoot me. I'll burn you alive," she said very clearly. She grabs you by the strap of your rifle and tosses you out into the middle of the elevator shaft, and you panic, flailing your arms around in a desperate bid to grab onto something. You fall at least seven stories before your hand clutches onto a large steel cable, and you hold on for dear life as you twist around to grab it with your other hand and wrap your legs around it to slow your rapid descent. Your hands and legs burn from wrapping tightly around the abrasive steel cable as you slide down several feet until you finally come to a stop. Blood drips down the cable from your hands, and when you lift one to check it, you see that most of your skin has peeled off on your palm and fingers.

It hurts like hell, but you're alive. You aren't sure whether to cuss out the #@$%& or thank her for letting you live. You hear her call down: "And if I ever see you again, I'm going to kill you!" With your hands the way they are, you really don't feel like trying to climb up the cable or the emergency ladder anymore. You peer upwards and see that she's climbing back up to the floor 59 entrance. You would consider shooting her, but she has her eye on you the whole time, and you see the green glint of a materia in her hand. And there's no doubt about which one of you is faster. You decide that you'll work your way down to the elevator for the time being.

It takes a little while and you grit your teeth from the pain of holding onto the cable with your hands, but eventually you drop off of the cable onto the top of the elevator, a little shaky from what you just went through. By now you can't even see her in the darkness, and on the way down you heard the sounds of fighting pass by you on the way up towards floor 59. You've lost your sidearm, your helmet, your hands are totally shredded and bloody and it hurts to touch anything, and your crotch feels like someone slammed a sledgehammer into it, but you're alive, and you still have your pride. You are already asking yourself what you can possibly do at this point. The enemy is getting nearer to floor 59 and thus 60, and you are reasonably certain that they are split up amongst all three routes up. The wounds on your hands makes the prospect of doing crazy stuff unfavorable to you. Just firing your rifle is gonna hurt like hell. You consider your options.

You are on top of the elevator, stopped on floor 34, with bloody hands. There's a first aid kit located on pretty much every floor, so you could get the one on 34 to wrap up your hands and get some painkillers. That should improve your chances of accomplishing pretty much everything. Of course, you are also worried about the time you have left. You know that you've got only a few minutes until the enemy makes their move. You can try climbing the floors with the regular staircase or the emergency staircase. At this point, you are getting scared again. You can't think of any good options. You feel helpless. Everything you've done has failed to stop or slow down the enemy long enough to make a difference. And now, you don't even have the surprise advantage.

What do you do?

Grab the first aid kit and heal up?
A) Yes
B) No

Which way should you try to ascend?
A) Emergency stairs
B) Regular stairs
C) Repair the elevator and ride that to the top
D) Take some time to calm down; If A on previous choice - drink some isopropyl alcohol to take the edge off
E) Other

Character Sheet

Name: Marcus "Maverick" Westford
Class: Ranger
Profession: First Lieutenant of the Shinra Peacekeeping Corps
Inner Nature: X
Dominant Inner Nature: Coward
Status: Light Wounds (minor electricity burns, sore groin, shredded hands, rope burn on thighs)

Characteristics:
Strength 4 Agility 7
Tenacity 4 Intelligence 7

Skills:
Marksmanship Lvl. 2
Hand-to-Hand Lvl. 1, Athletics Lvl. 1, Discipline Lvl. 1, Fieldcraft Lvl. 1, Bluff Lvl. 1, Stealth Lvl. 1, Academics Lvl. 1, Observation Lvl. 1, Electronics Lvl. 1, Computer Use Lvl. 1

Inventory: SM-20A3 Assault Rifle, three clips of 7.62mm ammunition, three clips of 9mm ammunition, Nightstick, civilian casual clothes, Shinra Employee ID Card, Jupiter Energy Bar, Pocket Knife, Spearmint Gum, Portable Handheld System, Wallet w/ 20,000 Gil, keys to display vehicles

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
Grab the first aid kit and heal up?
A) Yes

Which way should you try to ascend?
E) Other: Downwards.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
AD. For now.

I think we discover our personal love-hate interest...Even thought it's quite one-sided for moment. Or possible our first long-time nemesis.

A) Yes.

F) Find a working comm link on one of the bodies on this floor and try to warn somebody about what is about to hit them. Somebody has to be listening on some frequency. Do this first.

edit: Make that F > B, because drinking alcohol at this point is a really bad idea. The last thing we need is to get drunk as well. Or poisoned.

Last edited:

Random

Arcane
Patron
Random, was there a legitimate path here that could lead to a make-out session with the hot chick?

Maybe if you hadn't shot at her, were disguised as an ordinary civilian, had known her for a while, came up with a really good seductive thing to say with the Other option, and you and her weren't in the middle of an assault on the headquarters of the corporation that controls the world. Oh, and if she didn't have a love interest already.

I kinda wonder how many of you haven't played FFVII.

Baltika9

Arcane
I didn't at all. Who do we need to shoot in the back to get a shot?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom