Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Broken Age - Double Fine's Kickstarter Adventure Game

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/doublefine/double-fine-adventure

http://www.brokenagegame.com

https://af.gog.com/game/broken_age?as=1649904300

MCA posted this on his Facebook.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/66710809/double-fine-adventure

Appearantly Double Fine wants to make a classic point 'n click adventure game, but they want to fund it through Kickstarter. What do you think? I think it is a good idea. They managed to get over 250.000 dollars in a few HOURS, the target is 400.000. The studio has a lots of fans, who will support the game for sure, so the studio don't have to beg for a publisher's mercy.

Support it bitches, if only with a few dollars! If you give them $15, you will get the finished game in all of its awesome glory on Steam, exclusive access to the PC Beta on Steam, access to the video series, and access the private discussion community.

Last edited by a moderator:

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I sent them some jewgold. Although I wish it was an option to fund the documentary separately.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Holy cow they are gaining a thousand bucks in almost every minute.

Wulfstand

Prophet
They've got 33 days to go and already they've nearly reached their goal. I just hope the game'll be for the PC too, god I sure would've played that rock-themed action adventure game, whatsitcalled.
Anyways, I'm pretty :bounce: so far.

Angthoron

Arcane
Donated some, hopefully that's investing in incline and not in the opposite.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I just hope the game'll be for the PC too, god I sure would've played that rock-themed action adventure game, whatsitcalled.

Brütal Legend.

It was decidedly average. First third of the game was exploration with not too much to find but neat backdrops and uninspired simplistic combat.

Then the game decides it'd rather be an RTS. And the RTS elements really don't work at all.

Multi-headed Cow

I just hope the game'll be for the PC too, god I sure would've played that rock-themed action adventure game, whatsitcalled.

Brütal Legend.

It was decidedly average. First third of the game was exploration with not too much to find but neat backdrops and uninspired simplistic combat.

Then the game decides it'd rather be an RTS. And the RTS elements really don't work at all.
Yeah. Plus the story distressingly seemed to be playing it straight a bit too much for my liking.

On the bright side, nice soundtrack.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Yeah. the soundtrack was ace (obviously) and the environments were really creative. It just needed more wacky humor (like the evil metal prayer used to control the altar-thing with the latex nuns in the beginning), a few more combat moves and enemies, and a while lot less stupid RTS segments.

Donated as well since I'm curious to see what the creators of some of my favourite 90's games can do without the excuse of publisher pressure.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
They've got 33 days to go and already they've nearly reached their goal. I just hope the game'll be for the PC too, god I sure would've played that rock-themed action adventure game, whatsitcalled.
Anyways, I'm pretty :bounce: so far.
It is a PC game, they wrote that it is delivered through Steam.

The action adventure game is called Brütal Legend, it was a good game IMO.

Black

Arcane
I'm extremely interested in how this will go, ~380k right now, funding a game without cancerous publishers.
PRETTY FUCKN DOPE

Maybe that's how AoD 2 will be created :troll:

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Pff by tomorrow they will be at target of $400K, this is good news for computer games, proving to the market once again that there is a target audience for these kind of games.

Angthoron

Arcane
Pff by tomorrow they will be at target of $400K, this is good news for computer games, proving to the market once again that there is a target audience for these kind of games.

More like in an hour or two it seems.

Edit: Target reached in fact. Fuck those PC pirates that never pay for anything and don't want to play adventure games.

Black

Arcane
And 400k in what, less than 12 hours? 7 hours I think.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Brutal Legend was always an RTS, the action parts were only added late in the development.
The people who say that it is an RTS are console kiddies, who don't know what a real RTS is. There were only 5 battles in the game that used that mechanic, the rest was free roaming action adventure. So no, it was not an RTS. Although I admit the multiplayer focused on only that aspect.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Relevant to our interests:
LnNl8.gif

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Adventure games have always been something that looks and sounds better than it plays.

Having been unable to finish a single adventure game EVER, from Full Throttle to The Ripper to Monkey Island to Phoenix Wright to Back To The Future, I continue to have zero enthusiasm for the concept of glorified pixelhunt with occasionally triggered cutscenes.

Not to be a wet towel or nothin'.

Angthoron

Arcane
Adventure games have always been something that looks and sounds better than it plays.

Having been unable to finish a single adventure game EVER, from Full Throttle to The Ripper to Monkey Island to Phoenix Wright to Back To The Future, I continue to have zero enthusiasm for the concept of glorified pixelhunt with occasionally triggered cutscenes.

Not to be a wet towel or nothin'.

Exactly how I feel about sports games and flight sims. So?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Evidently, members of the generation that played point n' click adventure games back in the early 90's have grown up to be quite successful adults. I don't think any other genre could have raised this much money so quickly.

Also, why isn't this in the Adventure Gaming forum?

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom