Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Clash of Cultures 2: Aurora Community Game Part Trois

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
1813aqov5wc2jjpg.jpg

NO-ONE KNOWS WHO FIRED THE FIRST MISSILE. THE 21ST CENTURY HAD REGRESSED INTO VIOLENT CONFRONTATION BETWEEN WORLD POWERS, CHAOS AND VIOLENCE. THE DISCOVERY OF TRANS-NEWTONIAN MINERALS AND SCIENCE MERELY HASTENED THE COMING DOOMSDAY.

BUT HUMANITY PREVAILED. OUT OF THE RADIOACTIVE RUBBLE OF THE WORLD, THE SURVIVORS GATHERED. THEY REBUILT SOCIETY. THEY RE-ESTABLISHED CIVILIZATION. THEY REDISCOVERED SCIENCE. AND THEY TOOK THEIR FIRST STEPS INTO SPACE, THE FINAL FRONTIER.

THESE ARE THE STORIES OF THE SIX FACTIONS THAT GREW TO PROMINENCE AFTER THE FALL. THEY ARE DOMINATING ALL OF EARTH, EACH FOLLOWING ITS OWN AGENDA, CULTURE AND IDEOLOGY. THEY HAVE ESTABLISHED FOOTHOLDS IN THE SOL SYSTEM. NOW THEY ARE READY TO SPREAD ACROSS THE GALAXY. WILL THEY SUCCUMB TO WARFARE AMONGST THEMSELVES, OR WILL THEY DISCOVER SOMETHING EVEN WORSE OUT IN THE COLD REACHES OF SPACE?

A NEW DAWN RISES!

CAYP6Me.jpg

Aurora 7.10 Community Game

House Rules:
-Any orbital construction on a body requires both Space Port and Mass Driver on the body itself. Obviously does not restrict towing.
-Ground War alliances are not allowed, ground battles resolved via Aurora itself.
-Genetic modification of humans is not allowed. It's just a fucking headache to track for me.
-No neutral powers on Earth.
-I'll add more later if needed

Game Settings:
-Maintenance On
-Orbital movement all bodies
-No Invaders
-Precursors and Swarm
-No NPRs
-Alien civilizations to be controlled by me or new players
-Both low-tech and TN-tech aliens possible
-Real Stars
-Default tolerances for humans
-Realistic Promotions
-No Missile Bases on start

Factions:
American Republic - Kalin
Balkan Federation - tindrli
Imperium
Romanum - Storyfag
Omniventures Inc - Hellraiser
United AeroSpace Corporation (UASC) - Dayyālu
United Kingdoms of Khem - JagreenLern

Starting industry:
500 million pop - 200 Construction Factories - 200 Mines - Lvl 1 Spaceport - Lvl 4 Academy - 5 Maintenance Facilities - 10 Ordnance Factories - 10 Fighter Factories - 50 Fuel Refineries - 1 Mass Driver - 5 Research Labs - 10 Financial Centres - 2 Ground Force Training Facilities
Commercial Shipyard 100,000 tons
Commercial Shipyard 50,000 tons
Naval Shipyard 10,000 tons
Naval Shipyard 5,000 tons

Starting mineral situation on Earth:
dr0osXo.png

I'll be sending out initial posts to all players. Please reply to those instead of creating new conversations, so I can keep them in order.

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
OV NEWS, YOUR SOURCE OF NON-FAKE NEWS!

*flashy transition*

Channah Kravitz: Hello and welcome to the hourly OV NEWS service, my name is Channah Kravitz and here are the top stories of the day.

VkTALXj.png

Channah Kravitz: A major milestone is being celebrated today in Lotan on Europa. After years of extensive terraforming and colonization effort the total population of Europa exceeds 1 million, with around 983 thousand people living permanently in Lotan itself and the rest scattered across minor field outposts such as the Tarshish underwater outpost, the AgroGene cryogenic GMO research outpost and onboard of the Morgenstern Solar Mirrors’ habitats.

Channah Kravitz: Thanks to a combination of confidential patented greenhouse agents and the six massive Morgenstern solar mirrors, the icy surface of Europa was turned to gentle water vapor. Next, the radiation from Jupiter caused radiolysis splitting some of the water in the upper parts of the atmosphere into hydrogen and oxygen, with the hydrogen escaping to space due to being too light for Europa’s gravity to contain it. The oxygen stayed behind. Once radiolysis has produced enough oxygen, the OV DSV (omniventures deep space ventures) Crygoenic Colonization Department deployed the Meginnah network of 111 satellites. The Meginnah satellites generate a magnetic deflection field which interacts with Jupiter’s own magnetic field causing it to send the solar wind particles trapped in Jupiter’s radiation belts away from Europa, significantly reducing radiation.

9RLhBJx.png

With radiation levels down to a tolerable level, merely a quarter of that present in the highly radioactive ruins of cities destroyed in the war such Moscow, Beijing or Warsaw, the lithoforming and city construction effort began. Great barges were dropped on the surface of the now liquid ocean. The largest submarines ever build by mankind, forged out of Duranium and Neutronium, were deployed to the depths of Europa and constructed the also transnewtonian Lotan Shaft. With it molten rock was transported from inside Europa to the surface forming a new landmass, Lotan. At the heart of Lotan, once the new surface cooled down, the city of Lotan was built. Facing the enormous Pesha Ocean, now freed from its icy prison, Lotan was erected as a port, both for travel around the seas of Europa and for travel around the Jovian system and beyond.

Today the towers of Lotan boldly climb towards the now blue but once black heavens covered with clouds where there used to be none, all of this a testament to the know-how, competitive edge and wealth of Omniventures.

OLxbJXc.png

Channah Kravitz: In other major and related new, Mr. Morden and CEO Quark Rosenberg jointly announce establishment of new OV DSV subsidiary in Prosperia.

*flashy transition*

Mr. Morden: As you all know, the Europa colonization project has just reached a major milestone. Because of that and the resulting change of focus in the project from terraforming to operational activities, we have decided to spin off the Crygoenic Colonization Department of DSV into a new entity called Omniventures Interplanetary Cryogenic Enterprises or OV ICE. ICE will be responsible for further development and management of Europa from Lotan including Human and Civilian Resources, Infrastructure and Terraforming.

Mr. Morden: I am certain you will hear more of Europa in the near future. I cannot yet reveal who, but you can be certain we have major investors looking to expanding or establishing operations on Europa. Some of the project they are involved in are indeed revolutionary as well as evolutionary. As for OV ICE, Europa will not be the end. With sufficient experience and know-how gained there other hostile cold environments will one day be tamed by omniventures. Such extremely cold and hostile places as Callisto, Triton, Nereid, Pluto, Sedna and even Finland* will be one day within our grasp.

*flashy transition*

Channah Kravitz: Well, that certainly sound interesting and the markets agree as can be seen when looking at the stock data. Join me after the commercial break to hear...

...how many people attended today's record breaking Macharaah Public Orgy...

...why skulls of the "eternal league of god" citizens killed in the war make for great coffee mugs and ashtrays...

...and what makes sorium-enhanced baby formula the stuff your infant needs!

*commercials*

*originally I wanted to use Canada for this joke but Kalin already claimed that. Doesn't look like anyone has Finland in their domain.

FYI OV claims on Earth are visible on the 3rd image, Madagascar as last time plus some assorted african thirdworldia.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
So basically Europe without actual Europe. Gotcha. :lol:

Updated into a global powah map.

And I love the fact that each update using dem leet MS Paint skillz and brutal imgur conversion will turn the already poor image increasingly decrepit.

By the time aliens other than Omniventures land on Earth they will look at it as some abstract artwork like the broken pixel.

tindrli

Arcane
Would've painted all the nations, but I don't know what anyone claims, or if they even care.

I care.
You could have asked.

Yurop, excluding Britannia, Germania, Scandinavia, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine.

Including fukken Balkans, just to spite tindrli for not respecting my dibs on Yurop.

My teritory includes only former yugoslavia countries so you are missing croatia and slovenia and its not a big deal afterall

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Would've painted all the nations, but I don't know what anyone claims, or if they even care.

I care.
You could have asked.

Yurop, excluding Britannia, Germania, Scandinavia, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine.

Including fukken Balkans, just to spite tindrli for not respecting my dibs on Yurop.

My teritory includes only former yugoslavia countries so you are missing croatia and slovenia and its not a big deal afterall

Bugger off. A BRO would have asked. You can have your Balkans in Turkey.

OI Kalin I do want the V4 and the Baltics + Dacia and Thracia. Germania, Scandinavia and Britannia are full of towelhead barbarians and to be incorporated. Update teh map?

Hellraiser I consider it poor form to decide which cities on Roman territory were nuked, and which not. Expect a retaliation.

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Balkan Federation without the Balkans. Hilarious.

If you require physical borders on Earth, I'd pick Kazakhstan, Australia and Britain. If you want a colour, deep blue.

I'll bother writing some fluff when I get what my nation has.

tindrli

Arcane
Balkan Federation without the Balkans. Hilarious.

If you require physical borders on Earth, I'd pick Kazakhstan, Australia and Britain. If you want a colour, deep blue.

I'll bother writing some fluff when I get what my nation has.

i grew up in old yugoslavia. and in my time, yugoslavia was Balkan no more no less. and i dont give a shit about rest

tindrli

Arcane
Kalin is there a reason you keep denying me the Baltics and Poland? :P

tindrli arright, I revoke my dibs on the Balkans. We can even have some skirmishes for control of the Adriatic ^^ Provincia Achaia is still mine tho!

well thats solved since the space is very big place and i don't have interest over Greece Achaia territory at all. And there will be Skirmishes if i manage to design spaceship at all :)
Current situation on Ganymede
znBaI3p.jpg

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Storyfag you lazy cunt, I'm working hard on a case right now and can't be bothered with your baboonery.

Post your own damn map if you ain't pleased because that's the best you gonna get.

Btw, if you guys feel like fleshing out your civs some more there is a lot of things you can rename in the game.

Civilian shipping lines (AI-run corporations that automatically haul stuff, harvest fuel, trade etc.)
Naval and civilian shipyards (they build your shit)
Military ground units - Can't reclassify the unit types, but you can rename each individual unit
Ship names, ship classes and PDC designs
The actual ship and PDC components - sensors, engines, weapons etc.
Missiles
Also (possibly) stellar objects in other solar systems

Probably missed something but that's what I can remember right now.

Hellraiser

Arcane
There is nothing stopping your from renaming even Sol celestial objects even with spacemaster off, I just checked it by renaming Earth to Terra in a test game I setup.

In the game Random Word ran I renamed luyten 31414-blablabla III or whatever to Kobol and another one of those to Aquaria. Those stellar catalogue names are a mouthful. It was fun that in that game we actually managed to colonize other solar systems. Of course Cassidy did not bother to rename his rock where he found the alien ruins. That system was fun, two stars 3 habitable planets and at least two with alien or precursor ruins.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Oh, Kalin change name to American Reichpublic? :lol: You should also annex Argentina and build a cathedral party gathering hall over the Fuhrer's real tomb.

Also, I know where the your flag is from, I really enjoy the series, but it'd look much better if the swastika was blue, and the field was white.

Last edited:

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Each power has 5 of these Freighters. Note on class names: Freighters are smaller transports that cannot haul a single standard installation alone but can do so in groups. Cargo Ships can haul a single (more) standard installation alone.

Hauler class Freighter 51 250 tons 125 Crew 405 BP TCS 1025 TH 1200 EM 0
1170 km/s Armour 1-122 Shields 0-0 Sensors 1/1/0/0 Damage Control Rating 1 PPV 0
MSP 5 Max Repair 25 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months Spare Berths 3
Cargo 25000 Cargo Handling Multiplier 10

120 EP Commercial Ion Drive (10) Power 120 Fuel Use 0.54% Signature 120 Exp 2%
Fuel Capacity 250 000 Litres Range 162.5 billion km (1607 days at full power)

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

Since all techs that cost less than 10,001 RP have been researched, it means that Cloaking, Shield and ECM technologies are available from start. Since Box Launchers are also available straight away and we begin with Ion engines, carrier/fighter ops are a perfectly valid Fleet doctrine from the start.

In your response to me, the initial order, please indicate the following:

GENERAL BUILD STRATEGY:
-Economy priority
-Balanced
-Military priority

This will decide in what order stuff is built as well as which techs to prioritize. If you want to, you can of course give more detailed orders on exactly what to build and research. Economy includes minerals, wealth and fuel.

FLEET DOCTRINE:
-Missile cruisers
-Carriers and fighters
-Beam Battleships
-FAC-LAC based

Note that if you don't have any MK or EW scientists to begin with, any military buildup will be somewhat slow.

DEFENCE DOCTRINE:
-Ships only
-PDCs and ships
-OWPs and PDCs and ships

OWPs are basically engineless ships. They are less armoured than PDCs but can be moved by tugs whereas PDCs, once erected, cannot be moved. But they also require maintenance. Pound-by-pound, they pack more punch than an equivalent size ship.

Since geological survey of Earth has been completed, you can ask me for any specifics. I won't post all minerals here since the list is long and littered with asteroids having few thousands of tons of a single mineral. So here are the highlights - note that I did not balance minerals on the outputs, just ensured that they all had some stuff:

Mercury
Duranium 4 877 189 Acc: 0.7
Neutronium 5 373 124 Acc: 1
Tritanium 3 260 191 Acc: 0.8
Boronide 609 649 Acc: 0.8
Vendarite 5 260 601 Acc: 1
Uridium 4 506 280 Acc: 0.3
Gallicite 4 301 476 Acc: 0.1

Venus
Duranium 51 687 600 Acc: 0.7
Tritanium 1 322 224 Acc: 0.1
Mercassium 15 954 590 Acc: 0.1
Sorium 7 416 908 Acc: 0.8

Mars
Duranium 15 800 Acc: 1
Neutronium 1 650 200 Acc: 0.3
Tritanium 150 850 Acc: 0.4
Mercassium 12 900 Acc: 0.8
Sorium 5 000 Acc: 0.6
Gallicite 965 200 Acc: 0.6

Ceres
Duranium 50 000 Acc: 1

Jupiter
Sorium 171 500 Acc: 1

Io
Boronide 56 041 Acc: 0.9
Vendarite 2 930 054 Acc: 0.3
Uridium 16 249 Acc: 0.8
Gallicite 862 502 Acc: 0.8

Europa
Duranium 82 500 Acc: 0.6
Neutronium 1 311 872 Acc: 0.9
Tritanium 2 216 Acc: 0.9
Sorium 717 850 Acc: 0.7

Ganymede
Duranium 120 500 Acc: 0.6
Sorium 1 598 505 Acc: 0.8
Uridium 25 055 Acc: 0.8

Callisto
Tritanium 5 464 842 Acc: 0.1

Saturn
Sorium 542 430 Acc: 0.7

I put some Duranium on Ceres as a backup. Luna came up empty, so it'll probably remain empty. Funinly enough most Sorium is on Ganymede and not on Jupiter or Saturn, though those amounts will suffice for now.

Currently, Earth requires A2 administrator and your outpost A1.
Research fields:
BG Biology-Genetics, only useful for terraforming
DS Defensive-Systems, cloaks and armour and shields
CP Construction-Production, all industry
LG Logistics-Ground Combat, all the basic LOG stuff has been researched so what is left is improved Ground Unit Strength and improved Cargo Handling and so on
EW Energy-Weapons, pew pew pew
MK Missiles-Kinetics, boom boom boom
PP Power-Propulsion, powerplants and engines and fuel
SF Sensors-Firecontrol, self-explanatory

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
Now we know why the nazis colonized Venus in the Man in the High Castle novel. No more risk of armies running out of fuel, fuck your oil fields soviets, we've got Sorium!

GarfunkeL I assume you mean the survey of whole Sol is complete, not Earth? Also did everyone get a message from you yet or did you not start sending them? Just want to be sure as I got no message.

tindrli

Arcane
Ganymede
Duranium 120 500 Acc: 0.6
Sorium 1 598 505 Acc: 0.8
Uridium 25 055 Acc: 0.8

does this means that i dont have anything more.. only those ? and where is my outpost? and whats my mineral situation there?

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
:nocountryforshitposters:

Your shitty outpost is on your shitty moon and that shit you posted is its mineral situation.

The shit you have on that moon is described in the third post of this thread.

Your shitty empire is on Earth, where all of us start, all starting shit and mineral situation on Earth is in OP.

This stuff ain't rocket science you know. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom