Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Clandestine - stealth spy game from the Logic Artists

Repressed Homosexual
http://www.clandestinethegame.com

http://www.logicartists.com/logicartists/news1.html

Copenhagen, Denmark - November 27, 2013 - Danish independent studio Logic Artists emerged from the shadows today to reveal "Clandestine", a globetrotting spy thriller set in the mid-1990's. From the creators of popular turn based strategy game Expeditions: Conquistador, Clandestine offers stealth and spy game enthusiasts asymmetrical cooperative play mechanics within a deep dark story-driven spy fantasy that will debut on PC in 2014.

"After our success with our debut release Expeditions: Conquistador, we wanted to create a new kind of play experience based on our love for tactical stealth games", said Ali Emek, Producer from Logic Artists. "With the addition of asymmetrical co-op gameplay between the field agent and hacker, Clandestine gives a unique spin to this genre. Set during the '90s, we have worked hard to recreate the feel and atmosphere of the decade in the game, and we are excited to see how players react to this iconic time in technological development".

The year is 1996, five years after the dissolution of the Soviet Union, a string of accidents and murders have gone unnoticed by the public, but have put the world of espionage on high alert. Former Cold War operatives, believing their cover intact, are being assassinated around the globe. Soviet and NATO spies are being targeted indiscriminately, causing turmoil and suspicion on all sides.

Featuring asymmetrical cooperative gameplay (hacker and field agent team), Clandestine transports players to locations around the globe from the underground tunnels of Vienna to secret NSA bunkers in Washington, where they must use tactics and stealth to infiltrate corporate headquarters, hideouts and safe houses to determine who is behind the string of murders and lift the curtain of conspiracy.

Aren't they like 6 guys with a few subcontractors? I'm not sure they can pull this off.

Grunker looks like there's another visit on your plate

-------------

VERY WELL, GENTLEMENS

Wednesday, 18:00 GMT+1, you will go here to watch me derp online: http://www.twitch.tv/roxorowski

For those who missed this, here's the archive of the stream: http://www.twitch.tv/roxorowski/c/5484152

Last edited by a moderator:
Repressed Homosexual
I don't see how they make enough money to have an office, a staff of 12, and enough to provide barely above poverty levels wages in a country like Denmark and a town like Copenhagen where things like office space and cost of living are very high. They must receive subsidies.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I don't see how they make enough money to have an office, a staff of 12, and enough to provide barely above poverty levels wages in a country like Denmark and a town like Copenhagen where things like office space and cost of living are very high. They must receive subsidies.
This is from the comments section of the KS update on Expeditions that links to Clandestine ( http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...r/posts/676567?cursor=5272734#comment-5272733 ):
We're not ruling out a Kickstarter, but we're trying to fund this one through traditional channels for now. We'll see what the future brings :)

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Guise, any idea if this is more espionage, less infiltration-operation?
You are assuming that most of the people understand the difference between the two concepts. Infiltration is a tool in the spy toolbox, so, you can consider it a facet of espionage, but on the other hand, you can use infiltration with the end goal being assassination instead of espionage, so they are 2 rather orthogonal concepts. Most likely, the gameplay will be more about "infiltration with the end-goal of espionage".

Also, I doubt that most people would play a purely espionage game, or that many developers could do it right. Most of the time, espionage means turning assets, running assets, making and executing plans in a fluid environment etc, which is complicated to implement and unattractive to the XBox generation, so chances are slim you will get something like that soon. IMHO, an espionage game done right would be something that combines Thief with Alpha Protocol with Hitman with Watch Dogs and with Assassin's Creed, all of that with little to no combat. So we're shit-out-of-luck because there won't be anything like that developed anytime soon.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://www.incgamers.com/2013/11/clandestine-offers-post-cold-war-asymmetrical-co-op-stealth

PW0VLsu.jpg

7UkEmtr.png

vHbxvp4.png

A2E0YDi.png

toV5yqS.jpg

FQozoYg.png

Vicar

Cipher
Patron
Looks pretty interesting actually. If they can create a combination of Bloodlines + Deus Ex, 2014 is indeed a great year.
Hope they can pull this off. Maybe it's in quite a awkward position though, casuals will think this is too hardcore for them whereas hardcores will think it's too casual, not to mention the graphic whores......

Silva

Arcane
Guise, any idea if this is more espionage, less infiltration-operation?
You are assuming that most of the people understand the difference between the two concepts. Infiltration is a tool in the spy toolbox, so, you can consider it a facet of espionage, but on the other hand, you can use infiltration with the end goal being assassination instead of espionage, so they are 2 rather orthogonal concepts. Most likely, the gameplay will be more about "infiltration with the end-goal of espionage".

Also, I doubt that most people would play a purely espionage game, or that many developers could do it right. Most of the time, espionage means turning assets, running assets, making and executing plans in a fluid environment etc, which is complicated to implement and unattractive to the XBox generation, so chances are slim you will get something like that soon. IMHO, an espionage game done right would be something that combines Thief with Alpha Protocol with Hitman with Watch Dogs and with Assassin's Creed, all of that with little to no combat. So we're shit-out-of-luck because there won't be anything like that developed anytime soon.
TL;DR:

Infiltration is Splinter Cell.

Espionage is Sid Meier Covert Action.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
that sure as hell ain't no Cate Archer in them pictures.
fucking hell. 90s game indeed.

Bitcher1

Cipher
Note the username in bottom-left image. Trying to get our hopes up, Logic Artists?

Tigranes

Arcane
ALPHA PROTOKOOOOOOOOLAID

This looks really, really cool. It also looks far too ambitious and there may well be tears in the end, but kudos to them for trying something that's bold and interesting. It'll be unique, for sure.

Cassidy

Arcane
The very first screenshot hints strongly of Yet another popamole shooter with sticky cover pretending "stealth" is staying behind chest high crates and nothing more than that.

Probably will be shit, liked only by those who are into

:popamole:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Let me see... Obsidian had alot of Sega's money to make Alpha Protocol for 3 years and made a very problematic game, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory must had cost alot of money as well. Logic Artists have no money and they decide to make an Alpha Protocol/Splinter Cell game? I could be too skeptic but i can see thousands of ways where that could end really wrong. Two possibilities: 1) Ugly and buggy Splinter Cell what would be pointless and terrible but it is the most probable option and 2) Large levels with multiple routes and the hacker/field agent mechanic truly add a big depth to the game what would be awesome but I'm very skeptical about them pulling off. Or they go big or this game is pointless as an ugly Splinter Cell isn't something that I want. This field agent/hacker is co-op only? What about us guys that like to play forever alone? The smell of popamole is truly strong in this one.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looks like a mix of Splinter Cell and Alpha Protocol. I wonder if there will be conversation system, or just typical cutscenes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom