Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Clandestine - stealth spy game from the Logic Artists

likaq

Arcane
Avonaeon any news?
Release date?

Beowulf

Arcane
That trailer is great.

But it seems that the release brought some nice fans, already with a crusade against the game in mind.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
There will always be detractors. I'm not really that surprised, as we had similar threads during early access.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
CEA3A4BF9AEF82819C4F5F4DBE2AE3BE23D631D9

Gun slide attention to detail. Stays back when the clip is empty, nice!

:obviously:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yikes, that voice acting. Even The Nameless Mod's was better.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Ouch. I'd like to help out an underdog like this, except Unity plus Steam patching plus even favorable reviews that mention it feels unfinished means it's not happening until I know it's no longer being supported.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Very excited to try this someday. Too much backlog now to spend $ on it, especially considering that there will likely be post-release support sooooo

Would love to hear impressions from anyone here who's actually tried it.

Legion

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Played through the first mishun. It's bretty guud, but the controls are still rather wonky.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Wait for an opening between two patrolling guards

run towards stairs

switch to haxx0r and disable a camera

switch to agent and run up stairs

switch to haxx0r and disable a camera on the top

switch to agent and emerge on the top of the staircase just in time to evade the two guards finishing their round and the ground floor camera switching back into position to spot you

run into cover to evade another guard on 2nd floor and jump with haxx0r to another camera to disable it just as it starts looking straight at your bum

7aEeHR.jpg

This game requires more micro to play solo than an RTS.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Wait for an opening between two patrolling guards

run towards stairs

switch to haxx0r and disable a camera

switch to agent and run up stairs

switch to haxx0r and disable a camera on the top

switch to agent and emerge on the top of the staircase just in time to evade the two guards finishing their round and the ground floor camera switching back into position to spot you

run into cover to evade another guard on 2nd floor and jump with haxx0r to another camera to disable it just as it starts looking straight at your bum
You do realize you can tell the ai hacker to hack any camera by aiming at it right?

Would love to hear impressions from anyone here who's actually tried it.
I played this for a bit in coop. So far it seems like a very rough gem. It was a lot of fun to play, despite connection issues and a crash. The maps are pretty big too, with lots of side missions and intel to loot. Cover is still snappy, but it seems to be mostly optional, only time its needed is when you want to do a takedown around a corner.

It might be worth waiting a few weeks for some bugfixing and polishing though.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
Should be another patch coming some time this week. And Darth Roxor, that's pretty hardcore if you're gonna play the whole game like that. It's ok to give yourself a break, we put that feature there for a reason :P

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I initially played only through the first 2 levels and put the game on the shelf to do it coop later, but recently I've decided against it and rezzed muh playthrough. I think I'm at the precipice of the final mission now, so here are a few thoughts of mine:

- I obviously can't say it on the basis of one playthrough, but it seems to me like this game has a metric fuckton of subtle but meaningful reactivity running behind the scenes and changing the later missions based on how big of a mess you've made throughout the game.
- Ze levels are decently open and with enough routes around them to make you consider which staircase to take and when, etc. But obviously you'll p much end up going through the whole map anyway to grab all the lootables lying around. Still, perhaps I'm blind and couldn't see them, but if there's one thing I miss it's some more 'secret', non-obvious ways in, because it's mostly just elevators and stairwells. There are some here and there, but eh.
- Low-profile shenanigans where you blend in with the guards are pretty fun, and the sequences to quickly get some info with Martin while Katya's getting questioned are cool, but I wish they were a little less clunky (I literally had no idea what was going on the first time this happened).
- It's p fun to go both supersneaky and full on guns blazing, although I find that the guards have pretty bad reactions and reflexes (playing on hard), which means you can sort of easily draw a gun, aim and shoot a dude in the head even immediately after you get spotted. This is true for both mall cops who will try to arrest you and for spec ops who supposedly shoot on sight.
- There are levels that I feel are way too linear despite being as seemingly big/open as the others. Like for instance the party at the mansion - unless I'm missing something, there's only one way to get to the basement computers (by getting the door code from the daughter's room), and only one way to get to the main objective dudeguy (by grabbing stuff from the basement computers and giving it to another dudeguy).
- It seems p. short all in all. Steam's giving me 17 hours played atm and I have only (I guess) 1 mission left (although I didn't bother with the 4 challenges). Replayability ought to be fairly high, though.

Nevertheless, it's a bretty guud stealth gaem.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I appreciate your impressions. I'm interested in this, but I am not in a big hurry to get it with my backlog growing bigger and bigger. Maybe sometime during the summer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom