Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Clandestine - stealth spy game from the Logic Artists

Cassidy

Arcane
If this was more like a coop first person No One Lives Forever "spiritual successor" with much better stealth, it could become truly great.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
After watching the stream I have some questions:

Does the console window on the hacker interface do anything?

With regards to the meta game of leaving behind a footprint, it seems like that might degenerate into bad players getting into a death cycle, while good players don't have to worry about it. Do the devs have any ideas for handling that?

I hope they can fix the "hang out at doorway and takedown everyone" Roxorstrat.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
For those who missed this, here's the archive of the stream: http://www.twitch.tv/roxorowski/c/5484152

As for other stuffies, I asked Tuluse's questions at least:

Does the console window on the hacker interface do anything?

It's mostly for storing data like the codes for hacked doors. Although apparently there will be commands added later for quick jumping between nodes or somesuch.

With regards to the meta game of leaving behind a footprint, it seems like that might degenerate into bad players getting into a death cycle, while good players don't have to worry about it. Do the devs have any ideas for handling that?

Apparently, you are never going to run into a state where you fuck up so badly that you won't have the cash for bullets, for instance. You might be starving for assets, or there'll be some more security or somesuch on subsequent levels, but you won't fuck yourself up into a corner.

So how does it feel to have twenty guys rubbing it out to your voice Roxor?

Why do you think I did it in the first place? :codexisfor:

agris

Arcane
Patron
Looks interesting, but the AI doesn't notice opened doors or bodies? I couldn't tell if bodies/corpses disappeared after a while or not, but it struck me as odd that the guard walked into the room you needed a code to unlock the other door to, while alerted (yellow), and didn't notice the opened door (around ~25:00).

edit: aaaand I just saw you ask that, and the dev clarified about bodies also.

for the others, yes they intend doors to give guards the alert status, and bodies will be noticed. neither appear implemented atm.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So tripping the alarm spawns random npcs? So npcs patrolling and working at the place you infiltrate don't react or come looking?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom