Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Just tried a Multiplayer tutorial of sorts with Renegen as my teacher. He choose the Duke (was it?) of Meissen and I was the Duke of Bohemia. Absolutely nothing happened on my end. Renegen meanwhile got raped by two rebelliious subjects and had his territories cut down from 5 to 3. His ruler also died (i think), so hes currently holding on with his daughter. The good news is that I promised him my son. So once the alliance is done I'll just march my 2100 army over to the rebels and take them for Renegen. The bad news is that his daughter is homosexual and has shitty stats. Good Luck with that having a child thing. :lol:

I captured Osterriech and I'm at a crossroad. I can press claims on either Baden or Bavaria. I have a slight numbers advantage, I think, but we're all 3 equally matched.

The only reason why I'd be loathe to do Vicky 2 is it really needs a lot of patching and maybe another expansion to make it worth it. EU3 would probably still be my preferred game for MP, but I could be talked into anything.

Renegen

Arcane
Well the good news is that it was very easy to setup the multiplayer game with anus_pounder (ok not really, we had to get the same checksum), no dedicated servers or anything, we just got in and played. I'm sure one day we'll have a massive CK2 codex-fest.

That could be fun... I would want it to be more ruthless than our EU3 games, though. CK2 is best played cutthroat...

Renegen

Arcane
Well the good news is that it was very easy to setup the multiplayer game with anus_pounder (ok not really, we had to get the same checksum), no dedicated servers or anything, we just got in and played. I'm sure one day we'll have a massive CK2 codex-fest.
i can host aswell.
Why not come for the next session with me and anus if and when it happens? We hang around the Steam chat. And for now it will be mostly about being nice to each other, maybe each carving up our own HRE kingdoms?
Hell, we're still all new to the game.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
i can host aswell.
Why not come for the next session with me and anus if and when it happens? We hang around the Steam chat. And for now it will be mostly about being nice to each other, maybe each carving up our own HRE kingdoms?
sure why not, just need your steam name.

Renegen

Arcane
i can host aswell.
Renegen. Just join the Codex Diversity Squad chat, we have a bunch of regulars there too.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
i can host aswell.
Renegen. Just join the Codex Diversity Squad chat, we have a bunch of regulars there too.
CDS is invite only.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
I so want this fucking gaem. But I just depleted my "money for games" for this month. I'm gonna get the TPB version and then buy it next month.

anus_pounder

Arcane
i can host aswell.
CDS is invite only.

Assuming you're the guy with an avatar of a devil fucking a penguin (and called Raw), I think I've sent you an invite to the CDS. :salute:

sser

Arcane
Developer
How does multiplayer work in these games? I always saw the option for EU3, but never tried it. Does one person get to control the time or is it always set on a standard rate?

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
i can host aswell.
CDS is invite only.

Assuming you're the guy with an avatar of a devil fucking a penguin (and called Raw), I think I've sent you an invite to the CDS. :salute:

:salute::codexisfor:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I found out why antipopes suck. Once church authority hit the floor at 0 the entire Europe was engulfed in heresies. Whats worse even the most competent court chaplains at 26 learning had about 1.5% to convert provinces. I had to take steps to remedy the situation and kill off the antipopes/claim papacy for mine antipope. Otherwise I faced massive civil wars centered around religious differences - my vassals started converting and that brings nasty modifiers to loyalty. Lesson learned.

Also found out a bug with antipopes. Once you win a war with the Pope over the Papacy your antipope (now Pope in Rome) takes with himself his bishopric. And even worse, old claimants to the tile remain as antipopes - at one point I had 2 antipopes and a Pope... apparently winning a war isnt enough to make them drop their claim.

curry

Arcane
I found out why antipopes suck. Once church authority hit the floor at 0 the entire Europe was engulfed in heresies. Whats worse even the most competent court chaplains at 26 learning had about 1.5% to convert provinces. I had to take steps to remedy the situation and kill off the antipopes/claim papacy for mine antipope. Otherwise I faced massive civil wars centered around religious differences - my vassals started converting and that brings nasty modifiers to loyalty. Lesson learned.

Also found out a bug with antipopes. Once you win a war with the Pope over the Papacy your antipope (now Pope in Rome) takes with himself his bishopric. And even worse, old claimants to the tile remain as antipopes - at one point I had 2 antipopes and a Pope... apparently winning a war isnt enough to make them drop their claim.

That's a bug then. I read it at Paradoxplaza that Anti-Popes are supposed to disappear after a Pope is deposed.

Harpsichord

Arcane
Okay, I've played two games so far and here are my impressions:

1) First game I began as the Count of Leinster. Married my way into the right positions, carefully pressed my my ducal claim after I created the title to the Duchy of Leinster, and after a long time and a lot of fanangingly finally became the King of Ireland. Of course, it's still Ireland so I'm much poorer than many dukes and even a good number of counts. The French somehow managed to get their froggy hands on Connacht and it took me a very long time to get it away from them. Actually, France has it's hands on pretty much everything on that map, it's a bit absurd.

All in all, a fun first game.

2) I decided that I wanted to have a go at some infidels and played as the King of Castille. Wars start happening immediately and the muslims wipe out Galicia in the first year. They start taking hunks out of Leon and so I start grabbing up their territory as they move in on my two brothers. As I'm doing so I notice France move in and start conquering the Muslims as well. By the year 1080 France has conquered half of the Iberian Peninsula and the game I had originally imagined transpiring is a far cry from what has actually happened. I'm pretty much the only Iberian king of any relevance, control more muslim provinces than christian ones, and France has a much stronger presence on the peninsula than I do.

My only thought is that Spain is pretty much unplayable without a huge nerf to France going on, and perhaps the way muslims/pagans are handled entirely. There's nothing like any sort of interesting level of intrigue or incentive to unite the Iberian Kings against the muslims. It's just a wild land grab vs Muslims that aren't really all that fucking tough when they are getting raped by France and the HRE along with whatever kingdom you chose to play at the same time.
What is their solution for stopping France in Iberia?
Seriously, I would love to hear it too...

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
In my game Spain has fallen to muslims and even southern France is now called Mauretania so it changes greatly. Golden Horde is probing England now with a relatively succesful naval invasion after they conquered Denmark... while Rus still stands. Also needs some balancing and forcing the mongols to actually stop ignoring enemies near them in favor of faraway weaker powers.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
What is their solution for stopping France in Iberia?

They already introduced it in the last patch. While it is still a workaround imo it's at least more elegant than I first thought. At least I will still see muslims invade France and Italy. I like that.

Diplo AI: Will not declare religious wars for overseas territories that de jure belong to an independent duke or king of its own faith

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom