Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

CKII is released.

Discussion in 'Strategy Gaming' started by Trash, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Make America Great Again The Brazilian Slaughtergender: ⚧ Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    I have to say, I think the East will get a lot more interesting now. Persia having smaller Kingdoms probably means more interesting eastern politics, perhaps Zoroastrians have a chance now (at least in Old Gods start, Zoros in Charlemagne are weirdly in far worst straits).
    Khuttal and Fergana being their own duchies is interesting, now it means that any kingdom in the region will be far stronger and have more civil trouble. Also, more complex Tarim Basim rather than it being the obligatory "Kill weak-ass Tocharian Buddhists to get more land to Kill Muslims" free conquest land, especially when one considers that with Tibet included, Buddhists will become far stronger now, so you can't just beat on punny-ass Budhists anymore.

If I remember right, I think Tibet is unified in Charlie start, they were actually quite strong then, to the point they had recently sacked the Chinese capital a few years ago, so its going to be an interesting new player.

Is Afghanistan too small on this map or its just me?

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

One thing I didn't like: Where the hell is Oman? It has been a major center of Ibadism since the 8th century and from what I know, I think a Kingdom of Oman title would be deserved. As it is, there's an huge Yemen but no Oman. Weird.

^ Top  
  2. I'm With Her Vaarna_Aarnegender: ⚧ for prison Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    Parrots:
    MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Afghanistan might be a tad on the small side there in terms of geography, though one has to bear in mind that the kingdom de jures don't strictly correspond to modern borders. I mean, parts of Sistan and Khorasan there would be a part of modern Afghanistan.

^ Top  
  3. Make America Great Again The Brazilian Slaughtergender: ⚧ Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Parrots:
    Could be, but Kabulistan/Afghanistan/Bactia is pretty close to being the modern borders anyway. Feels like this is going to screw over the Zunists even more than they already are screwed.

Question: Is tehre any point to playing the marriage game with certain religions that can just Holy War pretty much everyone on sight, like heresies, or Zoros?

That offmap empire mechanic is very cool, I could modders getting some serious mileage out of it.

^ Top  
  4. Make America Great Again The Brazilian Slaughtergender: ⚧ Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Parrots:
    Patch Notes for PAtch 2.8.0. Its YUGE! How Yuge? See for yourself!

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Make America Great Again Average Manateegender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Average Manatee
    Parrots:
    AI improvements look good. AIs being incompetent in terms of knowing how to hand out titles/appease vassals/keep power for itself has always been a big contributor to the game getting too easy too quickly. Also legitimately amusing to read.

Being able to land your children and still marry them to someone competent rather than an inbred septuagenarian :love:

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Make America Great Again The Brazilian Slaughtergender: ⚧ Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Parrots:

Also the AI is less retarded in managing troops, so maybe crusades are actually possible this time rather than the bizarre janky game of having a hundred little crusader stacks running to and from with no reason or rhyme, until a huge Ummayad or Abbasid doomstack shows up and kills everyone.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    ^ Top  
  7. Make America Great Again The Brazilian Slaughtergender: ⚧ Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Parrots:
    Got Links for WtWSMS mod and CKII Plus, if anyone want them.

Any prospective interesting plays once next DLC hits? I'm thinking Tibet, or another Zoroastrian play.

^ Top  
  8. Raghargender: ⚧ Arcane

Raghar
    Parrots:
    Isn't that historical outcome?

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Make America Great Again The Brazilian Slaughtergender: ⚧ Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Parrots:
    They can't even bunch up, or failing that, assemble a few stacks in neighbooring land with enough supplies.
    Its not a crusade, its a bunch of people moving like headless chickens, to and fro

To be fair, I did see the King of Eire defeat the Abbasids in a crusade recently

^ Top  
  10. fantadomatgender: ⚧ Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Parrots:
    I am still pissed that those swedish faggots removed Hellenic fate from the game ....:argh:

^ Top  
  11. thesheeepgender: ⚧ Arcane

thesheeep
    Parrots:
    Are you ever not?

^ Top  
  12. fantadomatgender: ⚧ Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Parrots:
    Hahahaha,i am pretty nihilistic person mate. Only things that i really care are my family and my country.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Fedora Mastergender: ⚧ Learned

Fedora Master
    Parrots:
    So, I screwed around as the duke of Kashgar in the Viking start. Seemed like an interesting place, being lodged between nomads to the north, Muslims to the west and GRORIOUS CHINA to the west and Tibet to the south. A few observations:
    - The place certainly is more lively now. Lots more going on, Tibet taking an active part in the fight against the endless Muslim hordes and such.
    - Overall the Indian faiths are weaker due to the lack of holy orders
    - Europe is still fucked in anything except the 1066 and later starts. Muslims still gobble up Iberia, tanking Catholic authority, leading to heresies and so forth. Meh.
    - China itself is... decent. It gives you something to do with useless heirs or daughters and gets you good rewards in return. Too good at times, although the same could be said about gurus.
    - "The Emperor likes Balto-Slavs" Come the fuck on Paradox
    - I got displaced by the goddamn Muslims and had to swear fealty to the Emperor which... isn't half bad actually. Yes, you lose a lot of income but that hardly matters when you sit on the freaking Silk Road and the loss in prestige is easily offset by other means. Since tributaries to China can still fight each other, it gives you a good opportunity to mop up the minor counts and horse fuckers so you can build up in peace and eventually tell China to fuck off.

^ Top  
  14. Make America Great Again Athosgender: ⚧ Arcane

Athos
    Parrots:
    https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...date-released-changelog-and-faq-here.1055007/

New patch

Fucking finally

• incline incline x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. I'm With Her Vaarna_Aarnegender: ⚧ for prison Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    Parrots:
    MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    I don't think "fucking finally" even begins to describe how greatly that change has been longed for.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. holla_cabezas_de_mierdagender: ⚧ Cipher

holla_cabezas_de_mierda
    Parrots:
    I have been wanting this game for awhile, but never got around to it. Since it is 75% off what are some of the must have DLC and mods? TIA

^ Top  
  17. Make America Great Again Alienmangender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    All of them... unfortunately.

Well, almost anyway. Avoid the fantasy one like Sunset Invasion.

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Fedora Mastergender: ⚧ Learned

Fedora Master
    Parrots:
    "Must" haves:
    - Legacy of Rome (Retinues)
    - Old Gods (Sensible/Useful pagan religions)
    - Horse Lords (Hordes)

Special interest DLC:
    - Way of Life
    - Jade Dragon
    - India
    - Monks & Mystics
    - Sword of Islam
    - The Republic
    - Customization Pack

Pointless shit:
    - All cosmetic DLCs
    - Reaper's Due
    - Conclave
    - Charlemagne
    - Sons of Abraham
    - Sunset Invasion
    - Ruler Designer

e: Or you can just YARRHARR the DLCs and unlock them even on a legal Steam version of CK2.

^ Top  
  19. Nirvashgender: ⚧ Educated

Nirvash
    Parrots:
    What?

^ Top  
  20. holla_cabezas_de_mierdagender: ⚧ Cipher

holla_cabezas_de_mierda
    Parrots:
    thanks for the response.

Why the ruler designer as useless? Is it not needed for some of the ruler customization mods? It looks like there are many potential interesting mods involving ruler customization...

BTW, anybody have opinions on good mods, including complete overhaul? Is the game of thrones mod any fun?

^ Top  
  21. Fedora Mastergender: ⚧ Learned

Fedora Master
    Parrots:
    The designer wont work with ironman so it's pretty worthless.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. Popielgender: ⚧ Savant Patron

Popiel
    Parrots:
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Most mods are way better than the base game. HIP is basically the main game cranked up to eleven, it's highly recommended. GoT is good for what it is, if you like the world it's for you, for some time now it also has some highly decent competition in the form of The Seven Kingdoms mod. WtWSMS is also good.

Thing is, you need most if not all the DLCs to really appreciate the mods and play them as they are intended to be played.

^ Top  
  23. Make America Great Again The Brazilian Slaughtergender: ⚧ Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Parrots:
    Started playing today, Charlie start, as Marzoban Wazzhudhak of Chach.
    First thing I noticed... didn't this guy used to be the only tribal Zoroastrian ruler of the game? Now he's settled feudal. Damn! I was hoping I could raid my way to glory. Oh yeah, he's Khurzmata now, too.

Yup, its a glorious mess. Now its a Nomads vs Tocharians vs Tibet vs Muslims vs Uyghurs vs Zunists vs China Cage Match.
    I started under Zheytsu, but my liege kept getting mobbed by his horse fucker butt buddies and then Fergana won a holy war for Syr Darya, which turned me into a vassal of Ferghana because muslim holy wars now subjulgate.

I saw China change dinasty like twice in a few years, first civil war, the second time it was a invasion by the Mongols (are there even Mongols in the late 700s?), which was sad because one of my courtiers had just gotten me like 100 grace after visiting China. Recently the Tibetans took most of Khotan, and then the Chinese went expansionist and the Western Protectorate mauled them without mercy, holy shit. They got lucky they only lost a duchy and a few counties. Now most of Khotan is part of the Protectorate. Now they're open instead of expansionist.

Right now there's a Chinese prince host with 4k troops raising hell over Tibet, guy just pillaged a lot of provinces. I'm actually hoping for a stable Tibet to fight muslims right now, but then again I'm always up for some fire

^ Top  
  24. Make America Great Again Average Manateegender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Average Manatee
    Parrots:
    You can raid if you educate your heirs to be Altaic/Hungarian/Norse. One of those sneaky little tricks. Raiding was buffed a lot now that raiding armies cost less maintenance.

China stuff seems a bit OP (as usual for anything Paradox adds, at least it's not a specific religion that's imba now). Sacrifice some sons and daughters, kowtow and get constant influx of powerful items. If Norse could get to Asia they'd be supermen with all the items they could pick up raiding capitals. Haven't tried the requesting invasion thing, wonder if 5000 grace is enough to kill the Abbasids.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017 at 7:05 AM
    ^ Top  
  25. Chunkymangender: ⚧ Educated

Chunkyman
    Parrots:
    I actually liked Reaper's Due for the Bubonic Plague mechanics. It's both kind of spooky watching the epidemic screen and seeing the massive wave approaching your land + events. Plus last game I had a Lunatic ruler who got an event about the people barricaded the castle for safety and I got a comical "ONLY THE CHOSEN WILL SURVIVE" option.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)