Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I don't think so. The Dharmic religions are fine but the subcontinent itself is pointless and boring.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I am curious how many bugs will be introduced in this dlc,or how slugish the game will become!I still rememberer how unplayable the indian DLC was.Oh and i still haven't played with indian.Do people play the indians?

nah the "get bobs and vegana pics from European queens" questline is too silly

Barbarian

Arcane
Lame. Just as monks and mystics, a pittance of content that hardly even justifies 5 bucks, let alone the full cost of a new dlc.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Lame. Just as monks and mystics, a pittance of content that hardly even justifies 5 bucks, let alone the full cost of a new dlc.
I don't know if it is even worth pirating.Hahaha it is amusing that monks and mystics got me banned form their echo-chamber.I got banned for daring to cal them lazy fucks,because there was no Hellenic cults and the cults being just a few generic shits that a modder could do in a few days.At least the swedes will be the first to go extinct in Europa.

Oh boy now we have an anachronistic chinese invasion dlc in the east to complement the stupid aztec invasion dlc in the west. What's next, zimbabwean hordes from the south?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I don't know if it is even worth pirating.Hahaha it is amusing that monks and mystics got me banned form their echo-chamber.I got banned for daring to cal them lazy fucks,because there was no Hellenic cults and the cults being just a few generic shits that a modder could do in a few days.At least the swedes will be the first to go extinct in Europa.

It's pretty obvious that somebody at Paradox really really wanted to indulge in their Satanism fetish and used M&M as a justification. The other societies are pitiful in comparison.
At least it gives modders something to work with.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

It's pretty obvious that somebody at Paradox really really wanted to indulge in their Satanism fetish and used M&M as a justification. The other societies are pitiful in comparison.
At least it gives modders something to work with.
It is funny that Satanists are a bunch of Atheists.Stupidity never seizes to amaze me.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Are they? I haven't seen all flavor events for them but the general plot line didn't strike me as atheistic.

Atomkilla

Arcane
Are they? I haven't seen all flavor events for them but the general plot line didn't strike me as atheistic.
Hahaha i meant in real live.Most satanists i have seen are atheistic idiots.

That's LeVeyan Satanism, from the Church of Satan, which is little more than atheism with kewl imagery on it.
Medieval Satanism, if there was any, was a theistic form. Pretty much believing that Satan exists as the real entity, the opposite of God. However, not many actual accounts of Satanic practices exist and most of the stuff are "evidences" discovered by Inquisition, witchunters and other zealots, and we all know how reliable their accounts are.
In any case, CK2's Satanism is based on this supposed medieval form. The game goes as far to make the whole thing appear real, as if the Satan and demons truly exist (you could interpret it as madness of your character, but that's a very weak argument). On the other hand, none of the other major deities are shown as being anything more but something you believe in.

If you ask me, someone at Paradox really loves some shitty form of black metal and has tried to infuse the edgy shit and imagery of it into the game. The rest of Monks and Mystics is pretty weak content wise (standard Christian/Muslim/whatever community sucks, the community surrounded around alchemy and learning is sweet but pretty shallow), whereas Satanism (and its various companion religions) are really OP. And they are fucking awful. I've just now played the game of CK2 where, after 200 years of regular rulers, I decided to play with a Satanist again.
Within 20 years, most of my vassals were either mindless servants of my character, or were ridden with cancer and other disease to remove any political opponents. It's ridiculous. The only good thing about the cult is that the more you lose your "dark powers", the shorter your life expectancy. But that's a shitty balance if you ask me.

At one point I had an Immortal character who was 100+ years old, and had been a Grandmaster of Satanists for 30+ years. That was a weird game.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

That's LeVeyan Satanism, from the Church of Satan, which is little more than atheism with kewl imagery on it.
Medieval Satanism, if there was any, was a theistic form. Pretty much believing that Satan exists as the real entity, the opposite of God. However, not many actual accounts of Satanic practices exist and most of the stuff are "evidences" discovered by Inquisition, witchunters and other zealots, and we all know how reliable their accounts are.
In any case, CK2's Satanism is based on this supposed medieval form. The game goes as far to make the whole thing appear real, as if the Satan and demons truly exist (you could interpret it as madness of your character, but that's a very weak argument). On the other hand, none of the other major deities are shown as being anything more but something you believe in.

If you ask me, someone at Paradox really loves some shitty form of black metal and has tried to infuse the edgy shit and imagery of it into the game. The rest of Monks and Mystics is pretty weak content wise (standard Christian/Muslim/whatever community sucks, the community surrounded around alchemy and learning is sweet but pretty shallow), whereas Satanism (and its various companion religions) are really OP. And they are fucking awful. I've just now played the game of CK2 where, after 200 years of regular rulers, I decided to play with a Satanist again.
Within 20 years, most of my vassals were either mindless servants of my character, or were ridden with cancer and other disease to remove any political opponents. It's ridiculous. The only good thing about the cult is that the more you lose your "dark powers", the shorter your life expectancy. But that's a shitty balance if you ask me.

At one point I had an Immortal character who was 100+ years old, and had been a Grandmaster of Satanists for 30+ years. That was a weird game.
Yeah i agree with you,MaM is shitty dlc that have almost no content.But the only one that i disable is the one with the council and shit.I really do hope that they will add the options to disable the idiotic council the way they did give the options of disabling coalitions and idiotic retreat.Oh also there is real satanists,both in the past and now.They don't go around like some hipster mistake with all their shitty crystals and herbal tea from amazon.I mean real dark magic that have no pompous rituals and shit.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Maybe

Maybe someone will mod the Inquisition into game to keep those satan worshipers nicely burned and crisped; Dominican Order (RL Church Inquisition) was close to this but not quite.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Last edited:

Atomkilla

Arcane
Most of the apostates I get for burning are either Jews or Hindus, and Christian heretics, but those come rarely (obviously, speaking from a perspective of a Christian ruler). I've never had a single satanist to burn, which kinda sucked.

I never play as a Satanist of course and always burn every suspect who gets reported, just to be sure.

I was doing this, until it turned out my Kwisatz Haderach genius son was a heretic of some sort, so I kinda started pardoning folks depending on their usefulness.

.I mean real dark magic that have no pompous rituals and shit.

What? Care to elaborate?

Maybe someone will mod the Inquisition into game to keep those satan worshipers nicely burned and crisped; Dominican Order (RL Church Inquisition) was close to this but not quite.

My dream CK2 DLC is basically Church DLC. Adding ability to control Papacy, or at least influence it to a greater level (along with any other religious institution), add Inquisition, greater interaction with Church vassals and make it more in-depth...
Naturally, that won't happen.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Most of the apostates I get for burning are either Jews or Hindus, and Christian heretics, but those come rarely (obviously, speaking from a perspective of a Christian ruler). I've never had a single satanist to burn, which kinda sucked.

I never play as a Satanist of course and always burn every suspect who gets reported, just to be sure.

I was doing this, until it turned out my Kwisatz Haderach genius son was a heretic of some sort, so I kinda started pardoning folks depending on their usefulness.

.I mean real dark magic that have no pompous rituals and shit.

What? Care to elaborate?

My dream CK2 DLC is basically Church DLC. Adding ability to control Papacy, or at least influence it to a greater level (along with any other religious institution), add Inquisition, greater interaction with Church vassals and make it more in-depth...
Naturally, that won't happen.
Magic mate,channelling of strong positive/negative emotion in to making of a curse/blessing.

Atomkilla

Arcane
Magic mate,channelling of strong positive/negative emotion in to making of a curse/blessing.

Yeah, I find it hard to believe in that sort of stuff. One thing is to communicate your negative/positive feelings through, well, communication and general interaction with a person, but magic is not something I believe exists.

mondblut

Arcane
Dunno. All of this reminds me too much of Sunset Invasion. Offscreen empire that invades and influences, but cannot be conquered at the source.

Dunno, the description sounds moar liek slant-eyed Pope to me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom