Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

baturinsky

Arcane
Thy can make Sibera etc provinces huge. Or even greyed out. Tiben, for example, is a frozen mountain wastes with barely any population.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yea probably the best way to handle Siberia past what's presently in the game, given the timeframe, would be either have it be Wasteland in its entirety or have some corridors snake along its edge with Mongolia and Dzungaria.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
Asia should be a different game like
H03LSZEm.jpg

I haven't even played an Indian game or the steppes and I own all the DLC.

I've never heard of anyone reporting his experiences of an Indian playthrough. Personally, I only have the DLC because it was in a bundle. Maybe I'm missing out. Maybe the Indian rulers have the coolest mechanics ever and the most interesting history in the world, but I've never tried it. If people don't care, they're not going to play it. A spin-off game would have been better. Why should Crusader Kings be anything more than what it says on the tin? A comparison of the CK1 and CK2 maps is enough to show how absurd things have become, and also all the things they would have to include in addition to China:

CKkingdommapjpg.jpg

VS:

H5TKWD8.png

Surely there has to be a happy medium between the ridiculous tiny Persia in CK1 vs the over-expansion of CK2.

I wonder how long it'll be before they expand the map to the americas so people can play ridiculous completionist campaigns

I wonder how long it'll be before they expand the map to the americas so people can play ridiculous completionist campaigns

The funny part about that is Vinland was actually a thing and allowing trans-atlantic empires in the 11th century onward would still be more realistic than English kings ruling over India in the same time period.

Personally I find the current gamespeed to be fine and Tibet won't be that many provinces.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I've never heard of anyone reporting his experiences of an Indian playthrough. Personally, I only have the DLC because it was in a bundle. Maybe I'm missing out. Maybe the Indian rulers have the coolest mechanics ever and the most interesting history in the world, but I've never tried it. If people don't care, they're not going to play it. A spin-off game would have been better.

Yes. If India was a campaign with its own map, I'd probably have given it a try, some mechanics sound interesting, but in a CK game, I don't care about India.

Barbarian

Arcane
Back when I still played this I used to run my custom map mod with India and parts of Africa greyed out. The game ran much better(very fast even centuries in) and I never missed those irrelevant corners of the map.

They could do a lot better than adding China but I guess when you look at the people running the development these days it is no wonder the stupidity is so strong:

pdxcon-forumbanner-speakers.jpg

Groogy in particular(not included in the picture) is a subhuman degenerate and probably a cuckold fetishist as well.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
More countries/cultures that do not mesh with the feudal mechanics at all . There obviously aren't enough of these yet (the whole Muslim part of of the map, the Byzantines, all of India, the steppe nomads, most of eastern Europe). Not to mention what this will do to the performance.

Luckily EUIV is in a decent place right now and MEIOU and Taxes 2.0 is coming out.

oscar

Arcane
An exclusively East Asian/China game in the vain of RoTK would be very very cool but duct-tapping on China to the already bloated Crusader Kings series won't have the slightest chance to do the setting justice.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
An exclusively East Asian/China game in the vain of RoTK would be very very cool but duct-tapping on China to the already bloated Crusader Kings series won't have the slightest chance to do the setting justice.
Gotta agree with this. It's going to be like the weak Byzantine mechanics, which really don't make much sense. More importantly, it's going to lag the game even more. My computer can barely handle it as it is. I'm all for China being in Crusader Kings 3, but this probably won't be very good, sort of like India.

Tibet can stay.

Barbarian

Arcane
At this point is there any doubt that the next dlc will be about China? Some of you guys speak as if that is the case.

Why else would they add Tibet?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Jesus Christ, give me the fucking Pope DLC already.
Why don't you want more brown people DLCs, Kony? Are you a racist?
I'd actually love to play China and other Asian countries, but I'd prefer a proper full-fledged game/expansion about China (et al) not half-arsed DLC with some gimmick features. Don't understand me wrong, I'm a DLC junkie when it comes to CK2 and there's not a single DLC I did not get, and if they half-arse China I will buy it as well, however, I'd prefer them to make a proper game about it. Pope DLC, on the other hand, would be a small expansion in comparison and well within DLC policy - it wouldn't need to be a large add-on, but merely a slap of some additional features over the existing mechanics. Hence Pope DLC could actually be good whereas China DLC would be mediocre at best.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Actually, they're adding Tibet because they've run out of face DLCs to make, so they can sell Tibetan faces if they add Tibet. Remember when they added Mali to the game and immediately started selling African faces? Then sold a completely separate Ethiopian face pack later?

mbv123

Arbiter
Fucking Tibet
How about making so I can play as a Christian holy order grandmaster? Oh wait... that would actually make them put some effort into new mechanics.
Instead of adding another pointless region that no one plays in and it just makes the game lag a lot (India)

Barbarian

Arcane
I never understood the fixation on playing theocracies and holy orders. It would be another gimmicky second tier government type thing, just like republics. I would prefer for them to improve religion, politics and war mechanics across the board. They did it in some of the EUIV dlcs. Work on the core mechanics(and they sorely need work) and stop adding bullshit to the game.

So many of the features they added in the dlcs eventually became nothing more than 5 minute gimmicks. Remember the chronicle feature? That buggy piece of shit is worthless and they never fixed it, not sure if they were expecting modders to actually develop the feature for them.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
So many of the features they added in the dlcs eventually became nothing more than 5 minute gimmicks. Remember the chronicle feature? That buggy piece of shit is worthless and they never fixed it, not sure if they were expecting modders to actually develop the feature for them.

They don't work on it because their metrics say it's one of the least used features in the game. Apparently they don't come to the conclusion that this is because it's not very good. Their conclusion was that people were vocal about wanting the chronicle but in reality don't use it.

Barbarian

Arcane
That is some logic for you. I remember everyone was pretty vocal in their forums about how great a proper chronicle feature would have been.

They never even made the feature functional, how are people supposed to actually use it?

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
I never understood the fixation on playing theocracies and holy orders. It would be another gimmicky second tier government type thing, just like republics. I would prefer for them to improve religion, politics and war mechanics across the board.

Why not both?

But they figured they get more money from worthless retards by selling non-European races.

Barbarian

Arcane
The couple of times I played early dates I remember he didn't show up. There are several conditions in the game files, one of them is that he needs to be healthy. After the reaper dlc I guess he will spawn as a conqueror even more rarely. It all falls apart if he dies, becomes a cripple, is castrated, etc. Tamerlane also never used to spawn in my late games.

You can mod the files to increase his chances of becoming a conqueror. Give him more health, wealth and better traits.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom