Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Pagans can raid even without boats. Just rampaging through land on foot

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Only neighbouring provinces will yield gold from that tho, and unless you border someone who is not a Tribal too you aren't getting jack shit for the effort.

Even if you border someone not a tribal, boats are way better. Split a bunch of stacks around 500 each and you can shotgun-raid a dozen provinces at once from a boat. Get 200 gold in a week, easy peasy. Then when you get a bunch of boats just sail down and raid Rome/Venice/other Republics for around 300-400ish gold all at once.

oscar

Arcane
Warhammer: Geheimnisnacht is now version 1.0 and released for 2.6.2.

How the hell do you deal with Slyvania? Those 50,000 event troops steamroll my warscore before I can even gather my forces (and Brettonian alliance) while the AI seems to get gobbled up within a couple of years too.

XenomorphII

Prophet

How the hell do you deal with Slyvania? Those 50,000 event troops steamroll my warscore before I can even gather my forces (and Brettonian alliance) while the AI seems to get gobbled up within a couple of years too.
Haven't played in a few versions, but the old answer was bend the knee and wait for it to collapse/weaken then destroy it.

Vaarna_Aarne

Haven't played in a few versions, but the old answer was bend the knee and wait for it to collapse/weaken then destroy it.
The event troops are inherently linked to Vlad. The Vampire Wars in Gnacht start as being first and foremost about getting rid of the Carstein Ring, and then Vlad himself.

There are two ways to get rid of the ring: Either wait for Vlad to expand enough for him to lose it via event, or steal it via intrigue plot or imprisoning Vlad. As said, the easiest method is to simply surrender to Vlad because his Empire civil war pretender CB vassalizes the target, which means Vlad will soon have a ton of large Elector Count vassals even before considering the fact that vampires are more disloyal than average (which is why the most stable vampire empire would be one sexy, sexy vampire and his adoring vassal harem; a stupid sexy vampire is also much better at spreading the love too because lovers can be turned to vampires). So you'll have a large pool of fellow plotters well before Vlad forgets to equip his ring.

Personally I'd say go with intrigue focus and kidnap Vlad (those highway bandits sure are resourceful), steal his ring, and then execute him. Without event troops, Sylvania is by far the weakest area of the entire Empire (heck, it's one of the weakest de jures in the game at the start; I think the Moot could get them to a stalemate), so odds are if you're Ostermark, Talabecland or Averland you'll simply independence plot Vlad's entire empire away and then Holy War the place (IIRC there's absolutely nothing that could protect Sylvania from being conquered without Vlad's event troops).

Yeah, getting big is actually something of a death sentence to Vlad. He ends up with massive disloyalty and the AI in general in CK2 manages rebels/factions/disloyalty poorly. Was playing a game as a Tomb King and saw him take over the whole empire, convert everyone to vampirism (religion), get murdered and then spit back out all the constituent empires as blood suckers.

Vaarna_Aarne

Oh, I've never seen him have much success in actually spreading vampirism. Usually he gets killed at the very latest around the 50% (he generally gets mired in stomping Independence revolts after the first Elector Count title vassalized) and all the still very much human Elector Counts rebel all at once one by one.

Was just talking about the religion, not the vampirism trait. They were still humans, just worshipped vampires. Not sure if its supposed to work that way or if it was a bug/exploit.

Most the time Slyvania does indeed stall after invading one or two regions, but even if they don't you can just hang in there and be guaranteed their eventual failure.

Vaarna_Aarne

Usually vassals that are human but have been converted to vampirism get overthrown by their vassals or families in my experience, or are about as loyal as actual vampire vassals (or slightly more IIRC). So Vlad getting murdered and his empire fracturing is more of a normal thing with the AI's gaming abilities combined with Vampiric Open Succession and innately lower loyalty all around.

And yea, Sylvania ALWAYS fails if the player doesn't do anything, since the base power they start with is far below Empire average and they lack most of the happy helpers like holy orders and Drakenhof's special building is nothing compared to, say, Nuln's or Altdorf's. The only thing that makes them a threat is the event stack, and that vanishes with Vlad. IMO it's much more fun to play as someone under Vlad and try to still his hoe and land, and then fight tooth and nail to keep it and expand. The hardest part is getting cash to build up enough lands and infra to have enough of an army to fight the Electors around you and NOT get your ass kicked all over the place; in fact I find it so hard I practically always need to cheat to overcome the initial hurdles. But in a sense playing CK2 with an immortal ruler does allow for very elaborate and longterm scheming and backstabbery, and Seduction is really fun with vampires because of the destruction and mayhem you can cause with it.

Vaarna_Aarne

Did they remove the cultural unique buildings (still have a Stellaris campaign to finish and a bunch of other shit before I can get to Gnacht)? They talked about removing them a few months back when Reaper's Due was just about out, saying that there was something in the custom buildings that was impacting performance. I also don't know if they finally got the AI pathfinding fix that Pdox promised them, which was apparently also a big issue for them like it was to all custom map mods.

Cultural unique buildings are still in. Or at least I think they are. Dunno how you would remove them given that every race and region has massively different stuff, but maybe I'm not understanding the system.

If the AI pathfinding fix = the constant crashes fix, yes that's in.

Performance still isn't great but the performance degredation over time seems much better. Used to be 100 years in I'd be moving at about a day per second (i.e. basically unplayable), now its way faster and quite playable.

Here's the Vampiric Empire btw:

Q2nwpsl.jpg

3UH0iGK.jpg

Vaarna_Aarne

lel

Anyway, the pathfinding bug I'm referring to is the one which when it happened would always cause a crash on that save at a given date, because the AI tries to calculate path to "province zero" which eventually crashes the game. Only happens with mods that use a custom map. That's a bug in the game itself tho, but Pdox had promised a fix for it with Reaper's Due which didn't make it to RD release version.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Changelog:
Added Albion
Albion is completely isolated (If your capital is outside the Albion region, you won't be able to declare any kind of war to any title whose capital is in Albion; The inhabitants of Albion can declare war amongst themselves as usual)
Ships with embarked troops traveling through the Mists of Aalbion sea province or any of the coastal Albion sea provinces, whose owner is not of Albion culture and Old Faith religion, will find that the embarked troops have suddenly vanished, forever lost to the mist (The inhabitants of Albion cannot cross through the Mists, but they can sail around the coast)
The Mists of Albion will eventually disappear in 2302 or whenever the influence of Chaos is strong enough, allowing for wars to be declared against Albion and for characters to marry Albionite characters
Added Dark Elf mercenaries around the world
Changed a number of mecenary/holy orders to female leadership
Added proper Albion portrait set (woad facepaints and all)
Disabled on_character_convert_religion event to keep certain races locked in certain religions due to it being a possible crash cause
Changes to retinue subunits
Fixed issue with khemri building requiring regular walls
Begun the effort to make some of the new nicknames appear randomly on rulers
Added buildings for non-chaos Dwarf temple and city chains
Added a new event that fractures NON-NOMADIC Norscan and Kurgan/Hung group nations if the heir does not some requirements (These requirements are different based on religion)
Added a new random list to the minor clan uprising for the Chaos Wastelanders, so old cultures can return from the dead
Added localizations and tweaked the new Dwarf city and temple buildings
Added building chains for the Asrai
Made most of the Kislevite realms north of River Lynsk into Tribals
Added Asur and Dwarf map building models, based on re-skinned vanilla Indian buildings
Added Halfling buildings
Fixed some Dwarf city buildings requiring castle tech
Fixed issue with vampire knights, undead horde and daemonic horde special troops not showing properly in the holding levy display
Fixed blank event when selecting the Grand Tournament options for the Bretonnian Tournament decision
Fixed Goromadny province holders
Added Official Submods:
Old World: removes Lustria, Naggaroth, Ulthuan and the far Chaos Wastes
Ratcatcher: removes the Under-Empire
Albion Gone: allows for Brexit
Standardised character files and traits
Updated credits
Moved the Bretonnian Virtue tiered modifier system from triggered modifiers to a single 1-day mtth event for better performance
Fixed Chaos Dwarf merchant republics getting spammed with the "slave building not at capital" event
Adapted the bookmark characters to the new ID ranges
Armaments and artillery can now be both sold by and purchased from Chaos Dwarf patricians and merchant republics
Added Valkia the Bloody and the Bringers of Glory, equivalent to Dechala and the Tormentors
Bunch of fixes to buildings
Removed references to missing/non-existent traits in portrait properties
Fixed an issue with a female Estalian/Tilean/Strigany/Sartosan portrait hair frame clipping
Fixed an issue with a couple of male Halfling hats being slightly out of frame
Reaper's Due and 2.6 Compatibility added
Trade Routes now use the proper province modifier icon
Renamed all the vanilla localisation overrides from zz_ to 00_ again so that they work properly in 2.6
Added the Eyepatch and Mask overlays to all the Human portraits
The Pirate Prince of Sartosa now has the full Pirate pack
The Todbringer Imperial Claimant displays the proud Todbringer family tradition of one-eyeness
Northern Gods, Old Faith and Akghan religions behave like vanilla defensive pagans now (have home troop bonus, can raise defensive troops, can use the ancestor worship decision)
Vanilla diseases renamed to appropriate Warhammer equivalents (Characters immune to disease shouldn't get any symptoms ever)
Added the new vanilla diseases to the Nurgle's Blessing mechanics for Nurglites
Adapted most of the possible Court Physicians to Warhammer
Added pre-triggers to a bunch of our decisions for optimization
Races that can't get ill can't recruit or grant the minor title to court physicians
Added terrain images for our new terrain types
Relocalised the epidemic blame events to the Warhammer setting
Merged our disfigured trait with the new Reaper's Due one
Some important dynasties ( Unberogen, Leoncoeur... ) should no longer show up as random dynasties
Dwarfs may now summon a throng of warriors ( cost 80 piety ) when they're under attack by a religious enemy
Nurglites and Nurgle Daemons can no longer appoint or search for court physicians
Tribals and Nomads no longer get the witch hunter arrives at court events, nor can they call the witch hunters for aid
Added masks and eyepatchs to the Elf portraits ( should line up perfectly )
Removed some unnecessary game rules
Added eyepatches and masks to Dwarf portraits
Added proper Lunatic triggers/calls to the Reaper's Due events
Dwarf Oathbreaker war CB should now work properly
Cleansing Greenskin presence in the Badlands region is now much more difficult, the chance for failure and revolt is x4 as likely in that region
No longer able to establish WoL Business focus trade routes with Greenskins, Beastmen and Chaos Daemons
Norscan Blots should work properly again
unlocked new duel engine battlefield event for the AI
Added Druchii Buildings
Added slightly different clothes for norscan dwarves
Added a historically-inaccurate-horned Viking helmet as Norse Dwarfs marshal headgear
Added hair and tattoos for Slayers
Slayers now change to their proper appearance on taking the Slayer Vow
Added block to prevent Slayers from getting other "Dwarf class" traits through maintenance event
Ogres are no longer allowed to settle down as tribals
Considerably boosted the number of spawned troops for the Greenskin WAAAGH!
Added new Ogre coats of arms
Added new colours for Ogre and Skaven coats of arms
Resized Chaos Dwarf coats of arms to fit frames
Elves, Dwarfs and Grail Knights no longer get higher chances of getting cancer depending on age, and are much less likely to get cancer altogether
Changed some Orc-controlled provinces in Bretonnia to Orc culture and religion
A successful Beastman Uprising now destroys all non-Nomad holdings in the conquered province and properly changes the Beastman's government to Warherd government
The WAAAGH CB now takes the holdings directly on victory, rather than the titles themselves, to avoid certain crashes and issues (It should still work mostly the same)
Water provinces update - moved lakes to their own special sea zone, may or may not help prevent crashes
Changed requirements for militia armory, so Sudenburgers should be able to build past the first building now
Added some new pirate retinues
Dwarfs, Northern Gods and Nehekharan Gods characters may now pick a minor deity as vanilla's defensive pagan religions
Added some (albeit bad) local for duchy and kingdom level titles in the Border princes
Added some more ways to get Grudges: on plot discovery and on divorce if a tithe has not been paid to the spouse
Added new Dwarf mechanics
Slayers might now cross over to Greenskin/Skaven/Beastman/Vampire/Chaos realms if they reach a border with them and challenge the ruler to a duel
Slayers might now progress through the Slayer ranks ( Troll Slayer, Giant Slayer, Dragon Slayer, Daemon Slayer ) on duel victories
Having unfulfilled Grudges progressively apply a "Unfulfilled Grudges" modifier penalty which will subtract piety from the character (There are up to 5 levels of the penalty, and it will stay at the 5th one if you go beyond 5 unfulfilled Grudges)
Dwarfs might now ask for a compensation of titles when using the "Demand Compensation" targeted decision, but only against Dwarfs whose demesne is greater than 1 title
Merged our immortal_trait with vanilla's Immortal trait
Removed impose Greenskin law change decision
Immortals should no longer die on some Conclave event-related accidents
Races who are naturally immortal should no longer trigger the Reaper's Due immortal suspicion event for their vassals
Dwarf lowborns no longer can issue Grudges
Added a game rule to control the Canon/Non-Canon Interracial Marriage and Conversion options (Removed the startup event)
Added a game rule to decrease the frequency or completely disable the random Chaos Mutations ( Mutations by events and others will still happen as usual )
Random Greenskin and Beastmen uprisings will no longer happen if the provincial revolts game rule is set to "none"
BETTER TREES
Added Game Rule to slow or disable the Ulthuan depopulation mechanics
Added Game Rule to slow or hasten the Lustrian Jungle growth
Lustrian disease events properly updated to Reaper's Due
Landless Stromfels Pirates and Atruhayid Corsairs might now also become adventurers or raider adventurers
Characters of Atruhayid religion with a port province as their capital will get Corsair title localizations instead
Grudge Wars may now also be declared against a liege whose vassals a Dwarf has Grudges against
Added on_death Grudge against a Dwarf's assassin (Grudge will be issued by the Dwarf's closest living relative)
Added AI-only timer for the "Demand Grudge Compensation" decision so that the AI doesn't spam it
Prosperity now grows half as slower in Dwarf, Elf and Lizardmen provinces, much slower in Greenskin, Beastmen and Ogre provinces and slowest in Nehekharan provinces
Elfs, Dwarfs, and Warhammer immortals may no longer get the Reaper's Due immortality quest events
Properly integrated the "Physician-Missionary" event to Warhammer stuff
Updated New Duel Engine with the Dwarf Slayer stuff
Fixed possible bug that stopped Bretonnian Knight-Errants from becoming full Knights on a situation where they inherited a title after their father died
Added new Duel Engine
Changelog:
Hmm... no new content/fixes for chaos cultists? Eh.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So i jsut turned from slavic to catholic but my vassals are still slavic and all hell has broken loose because they don't want to fight with me in a war, how do i get them to be catholic also ?

Delterius

Arcane
So i jsut turned from slavic to catholic but my vassals are still slavic and all hell has broken loose because they don't want to fight with me in a war, how do i get them to be catholic also ?
You ask them to convert, but they'll do so only if they like your rule despite being heathen. Try converting when you are an old and exalted ruler. That way you'll only need to bribe a handful of vassals. They'll then convert their own courts and underlings, eventually.

You can also:

- Just kill them. If lots of your realm is catholic chances are you'll have incredibly quick assassinations from all your fellow catholics joining in. Don't kill your own family obviously.
- Force anyone in your prison to convert. Any way of getting them imprisoned is fine, from intrigue kidnapping to catching them plot against you (turn off auto ending of plots, but watch to make sure they don't try to kill you).
- Just plot to revoke titles and then hand them back out to Catholics.

Vaarna_Aarne

On a random note, Gnacht team got permission from the Call of Warhammer team to freely use their graphics assets, which means Gnacht will soon have Warhammer unit graphics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom