Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Do raiding troops (raised by the marchal) get better at raiding if they never disband ? I'm noticing an increase in the looting speed for this unit that I've raised ages ago in game time.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The tribal system in general needs a large overhaul IMO, since it's currently more like a pain in the ass you have to get over with ASAP unless you plan on using (or not with new HIP) dial-a-goons. Moreover, the tribal reform process and holding territory together is a seemingly insurmountable task for the AI.

Is tribal horde out of pocket still ridiculous? I remember doing some nice snowballs with it.
I've never gotten a hang of using the snowballing dial-a-mook thing, which adds to my general annoyance with tribal system as it is now.

You have to master the art of chaining wars so that you are always at war while eventually getting more prestige for more armies from won wars. But at a certain point you will have to stop and get the house in order. If you time it wrong all your enemies will notice your huge loss in force and dial-a-mook your ass back.

You can pause, end a war, do whatever shit requires a peace, then start a war the same day to keep your units.

It's not that hard honestly. Combat gives prestige and having shit tons of titles gives prestige. As a tribal you've also got concubines to get a good bit. It's not like CK2 has the lame-ass call for peace BS that EU4 has (yet, who knows what the next patch is bringing) so you can sit on wars for a year if you like.
I have a hang-up about letting gold go negative.

Conquer more feudal bitches and tax them. Max Feudal taxes is amazing. Merchant republics even better of course. If you stay out in the tribal regions you'll stay poor.

Ohh and if you can raid then hit venice.

In my last complete game I caused a bug that gave me a 6th patrician house:
29dH9CU.jpg

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I have dumped over 100 hours into CK2 and there is one thing I still don't understand and thats how to make a lot of money.

Particularly in late game, basically everbody outperforms me by an insane margin in that regard. Last playthrough, I was the Empire of Britannia and had a few hundred bucks scraped together and I lost a war of independence against a single Irish county because the dude somehow managed to save up tens of thousands and could afford an insane number of troops and mercs. Literally every single one of my vassals had more power than me because of that, some had hundred thousands of bucks saved up. Where the fuck did all that money come from, I honestly considered it must be a bug or something.

What are they doing that I am not doing?

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
I have dumped over 100 hours into CK2 and there is one thing I still don't understand and thats how to make a lot of money.

Particularly in late game, basically everbody outperforms me by an insane margin in that regard. Last playthrough, I was the Empire of Britannia and had a few hundred bucks scraped together and I lost a war of independence against a single Irish county because the dude somehow managed to save up tens of thousands and could afford an insane number of troops and mercs. Literally every single one of my vassals had more power than me because of that, some had hundred thousands of bucks saved up. Where the fuck did all that money come from, I honestly considered it must be a bug or something.

What are they doing that I am not doing?
You want to maximize the number of and development of cities under your direct vassalage. Consider investing hundreds if not thousands of gold into your cities and to get a large number of count level cities and temple vassals under your vassalage. Remember that coastal cities generate more revenue because they get to build ports, such duchies with lots of coast and free room for building cities are optimal capitals for your growing empire. Sicily and Flanders are of note. Also look for 2 or 1 province duchies and make vassal merchant republics out of them. Maximize taxation of cities and minimize levy requirements to cope with the large number of republics. If you are catholic, make extensive use of the Catholic Union's development aid funs, also known as Pope's Massive Pouch. You'll get the largest revenue in the game soon enough.
I have a hang-up about letting gold go negative.
Continuous raiding of everything and everyone can pay for those hordes.
Tried another game, first time as a tribal. But I'm not sure if I will continue it - I'm playing with the HIP mod and apparently someone on that mod decided that in the interest of balance raising tribal armies with prestige (the one good thing about being tribal) should be disabled - for the player only. A single county tribal AI just pulled thousands of troops out of his burned down county (or maybe his ass) when I tried to take it from him. But I can't do the same even though I have more prestige than him. I really fucking hate it when rules are different for the player and the AI. Seriously, fuck that.

Agreed. Devs get zero credibility from me when they do that.
Its a decision on the intrigue window and it costs 500 prestige. It is very likely that the reason why you are more prestigious than him is simply because he just lost most of his own prestige.

Its a decision on the intrigue window and it costs 500 prestige. It is very likely that the reason why you are more prestigious than him is simply because he just lost most of his own prestige.
Normally, yes. I had over a thousand prestige anyway, he had some 300 before raising troops. But right now with HIP player does not get this decision at all, only AI. In fact, I think that even for the AI it is limited so that it can be only used if the AI is at war with the player. Which is even worse - so another AI can conquer that single burned-down village tribal without problem, but the moment I declare war thousands of troops materialise out of thin air. Which is a big fucking problem if I'm a dirt poor tribal surrounded by tribals myself, as I can't declare war on anyone (even the prestige price has been lowered for the AI!) without getting fucked over by AI tribal armies that I myself can't raise.

Delterius

Arcane
Wow, that's overwhelmingly stupid. You'll have to treat tribals the same as every indian ruler. Due to their holy orders / magic tribal stack you'll have to wait for an exceptionally new or shitty ruler.

Vaarna_Aarne

In general I think the big mods should focus on reworking tribals using the Horde features (except, you know, geared more towards defense and foot soldiers, and using the Tribal holding instead of empty provinces), since I believe it should be doable.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
Someone should post that on their forum and how they going to explain that.

Watch as the thread will go meltdown instantly :lol:

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I think it's great - now you can intentionally oppress women instead of it just being so by default.

mondblut

Arcane
I think it's great - now you can intentionally oppress women instead of it just being so by default.

You can bet your ass that every step to the right brings huge benefits and almost no drawback, making wymmyn oppreshun into a form of self-cripling larping.

When comes the gay marriage slider?

Vaarna_Aarne

Nah, my guess is that the trade-off is male vassal and courtier relations penalty, but on the flipside you can use women in more functions (which among other things would mean much higher pool of top-notch councillors and generals) and succession laws. I would figure there's also religion-based penalties on top.

Moink

Cipher
I wonder if there will be actual downsides to fugging everyones wives now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom