Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Replayed the game after a while. Went with the "tutorial" campaign to ease me into the new stuff they've added, gotta admit I'm having fun. I'm pretty close to reforming the Spanish empire, just need to have my father die. :smug:

Also, I'm hoarding titles like a motherfucker, a bunch of duchies and kingdoms. Which means I have a constant -20 with my vassals because of elective succession, but fuck it I'll manage. Although I'll have to give away some of them since I've already hit vassal limit.

Mirage

Educated
That might be a technical thing,

They actually acknowledged the "bug" but they refuse to correct it, they are basically saying that we have to deal with it or play with a previous version of the game.

It is in fact a false advertisement and makes customers (as myself) wary of buying more DLC. What's the point of buying the Ruler design DLC if you can't design?!

Hardly new. Apparently the USA DLC for EU4 was broken for a year or so unless you rolled back several patches. This is a DLC that adds actual events and other gameplay stuff.

The concept of nickle-and-dimeing your customers to death with dozens of DLC packs and then not even supporting them is mindblowing.

Mirage

Educated
The concept of nickle-and-dimeing your customers to death with dozens of DLC packs and then not even supporting them is mindblowing.

Even tho CKII is my most played game on steam and I can honestly say that I'm addicted to it, it is still disheartening to say the least that paradox milk their customers this much and disregard any of their concern.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Even tho CKII is my most played game on steam and I can honestly say that I'm addicted to it, it is still disheartening to say the least that paradox milk their customers this much and disregard any of their concern.
It sounds like you're dealing with quite a paradox.

:yeah:

I'm still playing the pre-Rajas version of the game due to the fact that I had an ongoing campaign, but it sounds like I won't be too happy with some of the changes that were introduced, such as vassal limit, changes to elective succession and seasons.

Dominae

Educated
Did at some point they give away the Rule Designer Customization Pack DLC thing for free, and then take it away? I swear I had the DLC at one point (I thought I got it bundled with EU4, or one of the other CK2 DLCs or something ... because I remember editing my sovereign and renaming provinces before) ... and now, when I went to play again, it doesn't work anymore and it says I don't own the DLC.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'll have to point out that the style change did NOT work anyway in Designer and Customizer. Sure, it would work for CURRENT SESSION, but when you reload you will be given a randomized CoA.

The only way to reliably permanently change CoA style was to use cheats to change the dynasty founder's religion.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I'll have to point out that the style change did NOT work anyway in Designer and Customizer. Sure, it would work for CURRENT SESSION, but when you reload you will be given a randomized CoA.
I have a similar problem in an ironman game I'm playing: the dynasty shield keeps cycling between two or three deigns between sessions, none of which is the one I originally created. :?

WhiteGuts

Arcane
I'm emperor of Spain, my son and designated heir is king of Aquitaine, but my vassals are voting massively for somebody else within my dynasty. What do.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
create multiple kingdom titles and give it all to your son.

cFL6S.jpg

At the turn of the millennia, the Potatolanders had created a vast realm mostly by massacring undomesticated snowmens, commissars draco, lithuanian hitmen, alkeides worshippers and many others. Eventually the empire stretched from Berlin to the Volga.

cFL8Q.jpg

But the most infamous (and prestigious) accomplishment would be the Great ITZ of 1000. Almost 50.000 slavs would squat over germany, looting, raping and pillaging as they went like the Red Army in an alternate timeline, only in a much more majestic manner.

cFLnE.jpg

Tens of thousands of Kraut womyn would be assaulted by the precursors of the congoid machete gangs and their cities would be pillaged, burned and left destroyed, like a gaping rectal-colon area.

cFLwt.jpg

The undomesticated snowmen would eventually attempt to stop the progress of the potato gangs but to no avail. They would be slaughtered to a man and their remnants and newly raised armies would also be hunted down and destroyed before the Great ITZ continued.

cFLJi.jpg

When the Potatolanders and their supporting Lithuanian Hitmen reached the Rhine, the rape would take on a scale like never seen before. Entire cities would be razed, never to be rebuilt. As the bishop Francois von Blakemoren would observe: "No one was could get out of sight. The rape gangs were able to find all of them and drag them out screaming to face ITZ. I was only saved by the bunker I had cleverly constructed. This alone protected me from the fate the manboons of Cologne suffered."

Many thought that the Rhine would prove to be the obstacle that would finally convince the Potatolanders to take their loot and return to their homes.

They were sorely mistaken.

cFLQM.jpg

The devastation and depridations continued, leaving a trail of destruction and rape victims all the way to Paris, the imperial capital. Never before were such a sack seen in world history. Nothing was left standing.

cFM1T.jpg

cFLYB.jpg

The Great ITZ of 1000 lasted almost 5 years, leaving behind a ruined Germany that would take a long time to recover. Raids continued but never before in such a scale or range.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
And this is all made possible at the low , low price of $15.00
So what are you waiting for ? Buy now and become like the Corporate_Jew_Master !

I can see what you're trying to do, jew.
And it won't work on me.
:shunthenonbeliever:

Turrul

Augur
So, how's the latest version atm? Did they finally stomped all the bugs so I can move on from 2.1.6?

Shadenuat

Arcane
It feels like CK hit by banalce.
And it crashes like it's from 2 years back.

I turned Kiev tribe to a kingdom and reformed slavic faith but it cost me 5 crashes and my queen was named King, and my capital got to some son and I got "wrong type of holding" after adopting feudalism and my army shrinked from 6k to 1k after...
well you get the idea

Also the combat became strange and random, some units got different bonuses
And it's huelarious to get 2500 peasant revolts with 700 archers as a tribe with army of 2000 light infantry

Seen some beta patch, but I'm afraid to download even official patches for this game

I tried 2.2.02 and replayed gaem and managed to upgrade to feudalism fine nao it seems, but I still need to manually buld 7 stone forts to make them right type of holding...

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
I turned Kiev tribe to a kingdom and reformed slavic faith but it cost me 5 crashes and my queen was named King, and my capital got to some son and I got "wrong type of holding" after adopting feudalism and my army shrinked from 6k to 1k after...
well you get the idea
Sounds like a very historical playthrough.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hmm I re-installed this and wasted a few hours last night playing it. Do the DLCs go on sale very often? The only major DLC I have is the Roman one; I want to get Old Gods and Charlemagne, but I don't want to buy them right now if they're just going to go on sale every month or so.

Also, is combat just a straight up numbers game? It seems the larger force always wins, although I guess you can dance around and wait for attrition to take it's toll on the enemy if you can't muster enough men to win.

Also, how do you get plots to fire? Is it just a random possibility per day, increased somehow by the percentage of plot power? I have had plots at 100+% take months and months to fire.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I also had crash on reading chronicle, but thing that pisses me off the most is "wrong type of holding" shiet
If you're some sort of pagan or ex-tribe, there is no point in settling on your lands, conquering neighbors or building anything. Best plan is probably to stay small, reform everything and conquer Europe instead. "Migrate" (because Paradox cannot into making real migration), settle in their castles.

Well I'll try again and see if I'll end up with something less retarded as full kingdom of Ruthenia with 290 troops max because of reasons

Hmm I re-installed this and wasted a few hours last night playing it. Do the DLCs go on sale very often? The only major DLC I have is the Roman one; I want to get Old Gods and Charlemagne, but I don't want to buy them right now if they're just going to go on sale every month or so.

Also, is combat just a straight up numbers game? It seems the larger force always wins, although I guess you can dance around and wait for attrition to take it's toll on the enemy if you can't muster enough men to win.

Also, how do you get plots to fire? Is it just a random possibility per day, increased somehow by the percentage of plot power? I have had plots at 100+% take months and months to fire.
Combat is random but you can get numbers to work to your advantage. How good unit is depends on phase he fights in, like archers are good at first phase but if heavy infantry gets to a flank full of archers in melee they'll get destroyed. There is a mechanic that activates "tactics" in combat, these tactics are numerous and depend on your combination of units, skill and perks, you wanna know about that you'd better go reading like http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Combat_tactics
You should catch enemy while standing in hills, behind river, or in mountains
TBH you will remember about all that only rarely, cause bigger army+river/hills+lots of heavy cavalry/hueg retinue will win for you.

Plots fire yearly as far as I remember. Note that the more people you have in plot the more is chance it will get discovered. Best and most efficient plot is a plot with 1-2 characters with high Intrigue & "Patient" trait

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom