Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
So far with the release: Mongol bug is still in, Crown authority bug is still in, race linked to culture bug is still in...
Paradox, Paradox never changes. :(

curry

Arcane
So far with the release: Mongol bug is still in, Crown authority bug is still in, race linked to culture bug is still in...

Oh no, you've criticized Paradox. It's just a matter of time until Trash the Brown-tongued knight valiantly rides to their rescue :smug:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
As I wrote on their forum mercs allow you to fight on equal footing with anyone, even the HRE or BE - at least thats my experience in around 1200. That needs balancing.
Have you tested it extensively? Because this sounds like a load of rubbish. Firstly, the AI can also use mercs, but worse, their levies regenerate just like yours, except they have 2x, 3x the land so they will wear you down. Wars are battles of attrition, it can take a year, even close to 2 years to capture a whole province later on, during that time the levies regenerate completely and crush your puny 1 shot mercs.

Quite extensively in a long period of time but in one game in 1.00

Mercenary armies are better in quality than most levies (high numbers of heavy infantry and knights) and have WAY better generals. Just look at them, 2x is very common going as high as 26-27. They replenish their forces but slower than levies. So in short better quality. What about quantity? Early game its obviously better - King of Norway launches his attack on England with 7k while one merc band has 3500 troops... Later on their numbers stop being so impressive BUT since attrition is quite dangerous they can easily take on normal not overstacked armies.

As I wrote I managed, without raising levies, to stop Byzantine invasion of Poland with only 3 merc armies. I was winning but ultimately they drowned me in bodies and I couldnt afford more mercs. But I did that with 3 warbands if I hired them all I would humiliate Byzantium...

AI can use mercs but doesnt do it often as it doesnt have gold (lower titles) or already has levies (higher titles).

Trash

Pointing and laughing.

Oh no, you've criticized Paradox. It's just a matter of time until Trash the Brown-tongued knight valiantly rides to their rescue :smug:

See, it's because you're such a lame shitposter that I find it hard to take you seriously.

AI can use mercs but doesnt do it often

Most merc companies are constantly unavailable because they're hired by some AI noble. In fact, people were whining about that in the thread on the Paradox forum. You also seem surprised that you hiring 12000 men makes you a military force to be reckoned with.

But I did that with 3 warbands if I hired them all I would humiliate Byzantium...

And if I had twelve extra panzer divisions in HOI3 I could turn back the Soviets in front of Berlin in '45. It's just that getting these isn't that feasible.

And if you can then you're already the richest mofo in Europe and should be able to kick Byzantium's ass.

curry

Arcane
See, it's because you're such a lame shitposter that I find it hard to take you seriously.

Says the guy who threw a temper tantrum calling me asshole and accusing me of editing the game files to break it and never apologized when it turned out other people were getting the bug too. You started this bullshit when I was just pointing out how bugged the game is. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Because I find it hard to take such a shitposter like you serious. It's what happens when Peter curry constantly cries wolf spamms trollish oneliners. And hey, I don't recall calling you an asshole nor do I actually find a post with me doing so, you asshole. Oops. Sorry man.

Oh, and look. You actually edited your post to remove the trollish smug emote and to sound even more pathetic. Kudos.

curry

Arcane
Because I find it hard to take such a shitposter like you serious. It's what happens when Peter curry constantly cries wolf spamms trollish oneliners. And hey, I don't recall calling you an asshole nor do I actually find a post with me doing so, you asshole. Oops. Sorry man.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/crusader-kings-ii-demo-action.69195/

There you start calling me a troll, moron and ass for pointing out the game is buggy (which is true)

Oh, and look. You actually edited your post to remove the trollish smug emote and to sound even more pathetic. Kudos.

I didn't edit it to remove a smug face, the smug face is in the post above. I did the edit to add the last 2 lines.

I think you owe me an apology but I don't think you're man enough to do it.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Lol, while sieging I just had 35 enemy troops spawn in the province, who then instantly defeated my 500 man strong siege army. :lol:
How the fuck could they have missed all these bugs?

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
youtube video
So, the game is all in real time, and it's all played on the campaign screen? Yeah I can see how that's different. So how long does a general game last? And what's the final goal? Paint the map your color ala Total War?

And is the first game pretty much the same?

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
It's more a mixed system than real time. Every "day" is really a very small turn, but it's a turn never-the-less.

Your goal is what you make it to be. In CKII it's generally dominating the known world with a chosen dynasty - rather than map painting.

Luzur

Good Sir
Lol, while sieging I just had 35 enemy troops spawn in the province, who then instantly defeated my 500 man strong siege army. :lol:
How the fuck could they have missed all these bugs?

that has happened to me too, but with a force of 300 instadefeating a force of 1000.

Renegen

Arcane
It looked like everything was in real time. Did he press any "end day" buttons?
it's RTwP
So Paradox are the Biowares of Strategy games.
For strategy games it can be a benefit. Some provinces for example are fast to traverse, while others slow. Some tanks move fast, or planes move 10x as fast, or an infantry is bogged down in a swamp. A Turn based game wouldn't have been able to capture things the same, and thus this type of Grand Strategy might never have seen the day. RtwP works well when a lot of the systems simulated are human systems, armies etc Also, there's multi-threading so no loading ever.

Hey, anyone else know what the DLCs actually do? I checked my in-game DLC store (yep) and I have them, but the Mongol faces are the same as the muslims and the coat of arms of the famous dynasties are as detailed as the other dynasties. These two DLCs in particular really feel like not only being day-0 DLCs stripped out for money but actually a scheme to get people pre-ordering the game thinking they'll get something special.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
So my char got assasinated, and I don't get a casus belli against the fucker that did it? WHY?!!?!?!?!?

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
youtube video
So, the game is all in real time, and it's all played on the campaign screen? Yeah I can see how that's different. So how long does a general game last? And what's the final goal? Paint the map your color ala Total War?

And is the first game pretty much the same?
It's à la you buffoon.
Insist on accuracy in a Paradox game thread, mofos
This is monocle shit right here

curry

Arcane
Yeah, it's turn-based, you just get to decide how fast turns change. Most players just play it with the fastest speed and pause it whenever they need to do something. (except in multiplayer)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom