Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Hallelujah!

EDIT: Also it seems they have a new Turkish unit and portrait pack.

Vaarna_Aarne

So, anyone have suggestions for new pagan holy site locations that don't become completely mutally exclusive, and which should be the Great Holy War directions for each group?

EDIT: Also, should Latvians and Lithuanians use Slavic or Celtic graphics (I'm through with having to stare at the inane default crackers outside of Central Europe).

Grinolf

Arcane
They're all Slavs... So, uh, Slav.
They are Balts. But it considered, that Slavs and Balts were one people at the some point of time before dividing on these two groups, so your post isn't entirely incorrect.

Rajas of India Release FAQ said:
There's cosmetics in this expansion! What?!
This is because they are deemed vital to the expansion. Can't have catholic kings in India.
"Why is this DLC sold in an apparently complete state and not further cut up and sold for more?" is a genuine FAQ now for Paradox... :negative:

Renegen

Arcane
Fuck, I wanted to play a Decadent Islam game before the changes, am I missing anything?

Vaarna_Aarne

Aaalright, here's what I whipped up real quick:

Pagan holy war targeting system refit:

- "Homeland" kingdom titles will only be targeted by the relevant pagan group, ie Ruthenia will only ever be targeted by Slavic Pagans.
- Norse pagans do not target Pomerania, Lithuania or other Baltic titles for GHW. Focus is on Western Europe.

DLC portraits put to use:

- Finnish, Lettigallian and Estonian use Norse graphics.
- Lappish, Samoyed and Khanty use Turkish graphics.
- Komi, Lithuanian and Mordvin use Eastern Slavic graphics.

And there's a couple of additions to the namefiles (most notably complete redoing of Estonian male names).

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Rajas of India Release FAQ said:
There's cosmetics in this expansion! What?!
This is because they are deemed vital to the expansion. Can't have catholic kings in India.
"Why is this DLC sold in an apparently complete state and not further cut up and sold for more?" is a genuine FAQ now for Paradox... :negative:

The way the world is now...eh, I'll take their crumbs.

Wish I was home now...this and Blazblue on the same day...fuck.

Any way to filter characters on the character finder to people within diplomatic range? If not then fuck, that's horrible. Takes forever to find someone to marry.

Aside from the Marriage issue the main impact of diplomatic range is that you now can't just steal tech from Byzantium to make your shithole at the end of the world the tech leader within a few decades. Good gameplay change there.

War Elephants are literally the worst units in the game in every possible respect now (only thing they can do is _barely_ beat archers in melee). They do have a really nasty combat tactic that gives them 10x damage, though with their base damage/defense/morale being around 1/4th to 1/2 that of every other melee-focused unit it just helps close the gap if it occurs.

Jains get an absolutely massive +30 Relations with everyone below them, even with those who aren't the same religion. It's kind of absurd. Another +5 with all vassals if you are of the Svetambara branch. +3 Demesne is alright but not quite as impressive. A Jain can probably literally run all laws at max and still have good relations with their realm. Course you still gotta get a CB, so if you want easy mode WC you'll need to become horde culture or go republic or something. Buddhists are crap and only get +4 learning bonus. Hindu's look to be the normal run of the mill religion with no special penalties or bonuses.

Last edited:

anus_pounder

Arcane

Funny thing about this song is that the guy decide to sing and make the above video because critics claimed his fame came from the scantily clad chicks in his previous videos. Tunak Tunak became a hit despite lacking chicks, so uhh..point 1 to the guy. I don't actually know why I'm telling you this...?

On topic, just bought the new batch of DLC. Time for hindus in scandinavia. :salute:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Huh. People complained that playing Indian duke is pretty boring.
Guess I'll wait for sale while messing around with free patch content.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Low no. of courtiers cited as primary reason why the game felt 'slow and boring'
Finding a woman to marry without taking prestige hit is also a big issue.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Low no. of courtiers cited as primary reason why the game felt 'slow and boring'
Finding a woman to marry without taking prestige hit is also a big issue.
At least Paradox removed the prestige penalty for marrying one rank below your current one. If you were a king you could only marry foreign princesses if you wanted to avoid the prestige hit (although this was pretty historically accurate), which in turn could cause the heir to have a different culture.

Personally, I'm going to wait awhile to install the free patch, since I have a game started and don't want to mess it up.

oscar

Arcane
This guy has already added some new India-relevant starting bookmarks

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?668175-MOD-Sniggles-s-Bookmarks

I'm personally waiting for a new portrait realignment mod. The Turkish portraits will be great for portraying Central Asians and northern Indians/Aryans (who look nothing like either the default Muslim portraits or the new Dravidian Indian faces).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom