Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

CKII is released.

Discussion in 'Strategy Gaming' started by Trash, Feb 14, 2012.

1. hivemind Arcane

hivemind
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    This is just so wrong even when you consider it to be just a hyperbolic result of excitement from being able to buy yet an other DLC.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Make America Great Again IDtenT Contact me for a good time Patron

IDtenT
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Refute CKII of being the best game released this decade on any basis other than historicity.

^ Top  
  3. Delterius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Delterius
    Parrots:
    I can point to the history of strategy games and claim that CK2 is a pretty good one, so that's out too.

^ Top  
  4. hivemind Arcane

hivemind
    Parrots:
    Victoria 2 was released in 2010.
    Alpha Protocol was released in 2010.
    CoP was released in 2010.
    Scooby-Doo! and the Spooky Swamp was released in 2010.

I don't even have to go through the the other 3 years to refute such silly claim.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Make America Great Again IDtenT Contact me for a good time Patron

IDtenT
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin
    :lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. kris Arcane

kris
    Parrots:
    And Tibet isn't that interesting for a strategy game anyway. For the simple reason that there is almost nothing of value there.

^ Top  
  7. eric__s ass lover Developer

eric__s
    Parrots:
    I like Crusader Kings more than you. Let me know if the world ends.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. RK47 Dog Armor Patron

RK47
    Parrots:
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    But do you like Alpha Protocol THIS much?

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Kattze Andhaira

Andhaira
    Andhaira
    Parrots:
    India looks too small. Seems just as large as Iran.

^ Top  
  10. MasterSmithFandango Arcane

MasterSmithFandango
    Parrots:
    Die.

^ Top  
  11. alkeides Self-Ejected Patron

Self-Ejected
    Parrots:
    Tibet had a huge empire up until the 9th century. They conquered Central Asia and occupied many Chinese cities.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  12. kris Arcane

kris
    Parrots:
    Tibet is huge. It is still mostly containing nothing and there is little of strategic value there.

^ Top  
  13. Brzęczyszczykiewicz Prophet

Brzęczyszczykiewicz
    Parrots:
    Project: Eternity
    They will add Tibet later in China DLC.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  14. hivemind Arcane

hivemind
    Parrots:
    And I expressed my opinion as to why you are wrong, I thought that's the point of internet video game forums.

Not yet. It was a neat little game. The dialogue system was engaging and fun and even though the gameplay, writing and setting were mediocore, put together they offered me the gameplay alternative of a Clancy movie except not watched from my bed on a friday night but played over a weekend. It might have been a plebeian experience but I still found it to be quite enjoyable.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. suejak Arbiter Patron Village Idiot

suejak
    Parrots:
    I think it's pretty obvious that this is going to be a very shallow expansion, but I do like the idea of adding India, new cultures, and new religions. Here's hoping they give them a little more pizzazz than they gave non-Norse pagans.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Abelian Somebody's Alt

Abelian
    Parrots:
    Apparently, it's going to be easier to change religions now. The most reliable way for me to do it before was assigning a tutor with the desired religion.

^ Top  
  17. hivemind Arcane

hivemind
    Parrots:
    Sounds good, well as long as it will be followed by a huge revolt and everyone hating you.
    This brings me to a thoughht, the game should totally have levies/retinues loyalty mechanic, for example if you convert to a strange and foreing religion they could(and should) refuse to fight for you against their christian brothers whose soul and judgement was not so obviously clouded by satan.
    Or if you are like the second coming of Alexander but with even more charisma than perhaps some of the soldiers would convert with you, that would make things interesting: the hindu king of france and his chosen few fellow hindu knigts fighting off several civil/invasion/crusade(invasion but with the pope leading the troops obv.) wars that would be sure to arise from the loss of any and all legitimacy by converting to some sort of foreing satanic religion.
    But yeah I actually like that you can decision convert to the religion of your conquered peoples.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. I'm With Her Vaarna_Aarne for prison Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    Parrots:
    MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Not to mention it's going to make adventurer invasions make a LOT more sense.

^ Top  
  19. Onyxme Novice

Onyxme
    Parrots:
    As long as they add some new in-depth mechanics it will greatly help mod and modders, that is always what I look forward about the most in the expansions. Better that they spend time on those few in-depth mechanics than add a bunch of flavour events in my opinion.

^ Top  
  20. suejak Arbiter Patron Village Idiot

suejak
    Parrots:
    What makes you think they're going to add any in-depth mechanics in an expansion that takes an unprecedented 50% increase in the map size?

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  21. Trash Don't trust the grinning loon.

Trash
    Parrots:
    Memento Mori Modpack for CKII 2.04

Memento Mori is a mod born out of a simple ambition. To bring back a little bit of the uncertainty and excitement that came with managing a dynasty in the original Crusader Kings with the excellent DVIP mod. While Crusader Kings II is in almost every aspect an improvement on the original game, Paradox hasdrastically lowered the difficulties and dangers that your characters run into during their life in themiddle ages. Diseases back then were deadly, medical care was more apt to kill you than heal you, giving birth was like playing Russian roulette and violence maimed and killed as often as it gave prestige. This mod attempts to emulate the hardships that people endured in those times. Mind you, this is not made to make life for your nobles impossible or the game a whole lot more difficult. This is designed to make you stop taking easy births, easy sickbeds and long lifespans for granted and to make you be a lot more invested in the succession of your lineage. In short, to make the Medieval Dynasty Simulator part of this amazing game a little more exciting. Hope you enjoy it!

Diseases are more virulent and deadly.
    Wounds are more serious.
    Battles have become slightly more dangerous for the participants.
    More prestige gained for participants in battle.
    Traveling over the sea has become a bit more like the dangerous thing it used to be.
    Assassination attempts have more serious consequences.
    Children can now be stillborn.
    Sieges can now lead to buildings become ruined.

This is a modpack that along with Memento Mori also containts the excellent traits, ambitions and events from VIET, the amazing map update from NBRT+, the varied cities found in Culturally Different Cities and the excellent interface and armoiries updates found in ARKOpack interface and, well, armoiries. After a lot of tinkering and experimentation I must conclude that this is the closest I've come to the original vision I had for CK2 and my own mod. An exciting feudal simulator in which the whole dynasty management part is as important as the whole realm running business.

Many thanks to Wiz, Vaarne Aarne, Cybrxkhan, apg, fawr, avee, GAGA extrem, rafek, the_chancellor and all those other people whom I bothered with endless questions and from whose mods I both learned and burrowed. This thing wouldn't exist without you!

Download the mod here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/n9h4nipc5w92x19/Memento Mori Modpack 2.04.rar
    Unrar the mod into your mod folder (C:\Users\[user]\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\)
    Select the mod in your launcher
    Voila

Ofcourse there is also my good old Memento Mori stand-alone mod. For those who simply want to make vanilla more interesting or have their own preferred other mods in place.
    Download Memento Mori here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/lf...ori%202.04.rar

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  22. Onyxme Novice

Onyxme
    Parrots:
    They probably have one or many dedicated map developers (since they need entirely different skills), the ones who works on mechanics and events are different people. And when they want to expand/improve the map they take in these map developers in the team that needs them, they do not replace other team members tasks.

^ Top  
  23. darkpatriot Arcane

darkpatriot
    Parrots:
    They also need to do a lot of scripting as well, unless all these new regions, cultures, and religions are only going to have generic events.

I wouldn't expect much in the way of new mechanics with this DLC. Maybe just some new mechanics for the new religion effects and some minor fixes and adjustments to other stuff.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. I'm With Her Vaarna_Aarne for prison Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    Parrots:
    MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Anyway, here's something you might want to toss in along with MM in the future Trash , the improved Finno-Ugric namelist:

Show Spoiler

finno_ugric = {
    graphical_culture = easterngfx

finnish = {
    graphical_culture = norsegfx #ugricgfx

color = { 0.1 0.6 0.6 }

male_names = {
    Aatos Ahma Ahti Aimo Antero Armas Arvo Asikko Haapa Hannu Havu Ihanti Jaakko Jalo Jurva Kaleva Kalevi Kauppo Kettu Kolli Lalli Lauri_Laurence Lemetti
    Mielitty Miemo Oiva Onni Otso Pyry Päiviö Pentti Reko Sampo Satajalka Satatieto Seppo Susi Tapani Terho Toivo Uoti Urho Väinö Hiisi Sulevi
    Kalervo Kullervo Untamo Ahti Ilmari Pellervo Sampsa Kuura Kirmukarmu Urtti Väinämöinen Lemminkäinen Kaukamoinen
    Kaukomieli Ikämieli Unto Leino Keihäri Kalpa Nuolia Utujoutsi
    Valta Valto Veli Vesa Voitto Erkki_Erik Olavi_Olaf Soini_Sven
    Taisto Aatso_Adam Ahvo Aarto_Artur Asko Tuokko_David Rieti_Frederick
    Kauro_Gabriel Kuuti_Knut Pekko Soini_Sven Tuure Turo Tommo Tohmas_Thomas
    Altus Andur Atus Kuso Lumi Niera Ukko Ukri Vipunen Sorjo Turo Lemmes Vorna Rapo Tuire Tuiretuinen Tuirikkinen Joukahainen
    }
    female_names = {
    Aamu Aino Eila Hellä Helmi Ilta Kaarina_Catherine Käpy Kielo Kukka Lauha Lempi Mahla Maija Marja Mesi Metta Päivä Päivi Pihla Pilvi Rauha Sisko Suoma
    Taimi Terhi Titti Tuija Tuovi Tuuli Tuulikki Tyyne Tyyni Vanamo Venla Mielikki Hertta Loviisa Inkeri Ilmatar Irene_Irene Ilona_Helen Kristiina_Christina
    Elisabet_Elisabeth Sohvi_Sofia Auni_Agnes Liekko_Helen Kivutar Lemmikki Lyylikki Salme Talvikki Tuulitar
    Linda Leena Tarja
    }
    from_dynasty_prefix = "of "

#male_patronym = "npoika"
    #female_patronym = "ntytär"
    #prefix = no # The patronym is added as a suffix

modifier = default_culture_modifier
    }
    lappish = {
    graphical_culture = easternslavicgfx #ugricgfx

color = { 0.4 0.75 0.85 }

male_names = {
    Ággi Áigesárri Áilu Ámmot Ára Árrajuoksa Ásllat Èoavvá Ahkemiella Algebaeivi Baeivi Baeivvet Biejan Bijás Bilzi Dávgon Duttá Gáivvas
    Gáktu Henes Járre Jeansa Juvven_John Lágon Lávrrohas Leammá Mellet Mihka Mohkku Mokci Náhkol Náinnas Njulgu Oaván Orddot Rástos Riibma Ruigi
    Sárra Speaidna Viggu
    Rostiophus Fornjótr Kári Snaer Gói Górr Frosti Nórr Thránd Raum Gard Heiti Thorri Loge Jokull Matul Cuso Dumbr Tengil Varrak
    }
    female_names = {
    Áidná Álgen Állet Èuvje Biellá Biergá Buohttá Duojá Gealá Gierá Giste Juoksáhkká Leandu Máidna Násti Naná Njáves Oajá Sáráhkká Sealggá
    Seará Soabá Sojá Suoinná Suonjar Uksáhkká
    }

}
    ugricbaltic = {
    graphical_culture = norsegfx #ugricgfx

color = { 0.3 0.7 0.7 }

male_names = {
    Altocumulus Ako Lembitu Kalev Kullervo Kaupo Jaanus Lalli Kirmu Sulev Vambola Tooni Tuire Turo Meelis Olev Imauts Lammekinus
    Alo Anno Caupo Dabrel Kulewene Kyrian Kyriawan Layan Ninnus Unnepewe Wade Waldeko Vesike Viliendi Vietzo Viezo Viewald Ümera Ylo Ymaut
    Henri_Henry Petri_Peter Soini_Sven Rieti_Frederick
    Vanemuine Ahti Ilmarine Lemmes Tuire Tuiretuinen Tuirikkinen
    Muti Andur Altus Atus Kuso Lumi Niera Uku Sorjo Turo Vorna Rapo Tuire Ukri Vipunen Kaukamoinen Kalpa Larin Hiis Vesse
    }
    female_names = {
    Linda Leena
    Aamu Aino Hellä Helmi Ilta Kaarina_Catherine Käpy Kielo Kukka Lauha Lempi Mahla Maija Marja Mesi Metta Päivä Päivi Pihla Pilvi Rauha Sisko Suoma
    Taimi Terhi Titti Tuija Tuovi Tuuli Tuulikki Tyyne Tyyni Vanamo Venla Mielikki Hertta Loviisa Inkeri Ilmatar Irene_Irene Ilona_Helen Kristiina_Christina
    Elisabet_Elisabeth Sohvi_Sofia Auni_Agnes Liekko_Helen Kivutar Lemmikki Lyylikki Salme Talvikki Tuulitar
    }
    from_dynasty_prefix = "kohta "

}
    komi = {

color = { 0.5 0.75 0.25 }

male_names = {
    Andyamo Arnaz Arti Artis Arvo Aymort Azeg Biur Biyar Burmort Chichayka Chuga Dergun Deryab Dobrinya Dokya Dondy Gazheg Hulyen Inzhay Irter Lyneg Lysko Kezhapa Kezhay Kezhedey
    Kezhevat Kichay Koksha Kuaz Kudym-Osh Kya Kyldysin Malyaka Malyy Meltsayka Mosheg Nalka Nuyaksha Nuyanza Nuyat Nydog Nylog Odeg Onika Osh Oshmar Oshypel Ovtay Ozheg Ozhmeg
    Pakstyan Paksyay Paksyut Parush Pivtsay Pokshayka Putyayka Pyera Rateg Rayda Sarin Sektev Setyamka Shindyay Shypicha Shyrpuzh Spira Syrka Tikshayka Tuhan Tyueykezhut
    Tyutyuk Tugan Turush Uchva Varaka Vechkas Velmayka Virdyan Viryas Viryay Vokan Yirkap Ylvan Zarny Zhebeg Zhuneg Zyryan
    }
    female_names = {
    Anava Ashava Asrava Avya Azra-Va Chechama Chenksa Cherava Chichayka Chindyapa Chindyayka Chinzhay Chitska Elyuva Inyava Kanyava Kanyuva
    Kirdyava Kunava Kunyavka Litava Liyava Mazava Megurka Mel'shay Nezayka Nulzyava Nyal'ka Nyayka Nyumina Nyv Olota Ordava Oshama Öshkamöshka Parava Pekshayka
    Pemka Pokshava Poshayka Potekay Potyava Putyayka Ravzhava Rayda Ruzava Sanal'ka Sangasa Sernyava Serzhay Setyamka Seyamka Shochynava Shonzhava
    Shukshtoroyka Sinyava Siyamka Slyugan'ka Sochava Styaka Syryava Tatka Tekay Tetyava Tikshayka Toyaksha Tundava Tundya Unzhutka Upurga
    Utyayka Valdava Vergava Vezhav Vidyava Virtyava Yalgava Yugörka
    }
    founder_named_dynasties = yes

}
    samoyed = { # AKA Nenets
    graphical_culture = mongolgfx #ugricgfx

color = { 0.3 0.75 0.75 }

male_names = {
    Alik Hasaba Kako Kharuchi Kolik Mandak Nabtiko Nenyts Nga Ngënoh Noumea Num Nyalku Panay Pudak Salinder Samatu Sarak Sirtya Somatu Syudbya Tatva Tolik Vesei Wayngachi Xëryuchi Yadne Yapti Yar Yavlad Yurak
    }
    female_names = {
    Atpälha Auli Galya Ilme Kat Khatyako Kontäw Kujku Laptsui Ngeva Senda Syeju Tada Tadane Yar
    }

}
    mordvin = {

color = { 0.3 0.7 0.7 }

male_names = {
    Andyamo Chichayka Chumbulat Dergun Deryab Dobrinya Erziya Inzhay Kezhapa Kezhay Kezhedey Kezhevat Kichay Kubrat Malyaka Malyy Meltsayka Mordvinko Moksha
    Nalka Nuyaksha Nuyanza Nuyat Ovtay Pakstyan Paksyay Paksyut Parush Pivtsay Pokshayka Putyayka Setyamka Shindyay Shoksha Syrka Tikshayka
    Tyueykezhut Uchva Varaka Vechkas Velmayka Virdyan Viryas Viryay Atyamas Azyren Chipaz Kardaz Kinyak Koshel Murunza Naruchad Nishkepaz Orunza Puresh Purysho
    Saksa Shkay Surt Tul Tunya Tutyra Tylmache Tylze Tyushten Tyushtya Uzhara Varmanpaz
    }
    female_names = {
    Anava Ashava Asrava Azra-Va Chechama Chenksa Cherava Chichayka Chindyapa Chindyayka Chinzhay Chitska Elyuva Inyava Kanyava Kanyuva
    Kirdyava Kunava Kunyavka Litava Liyava Mazava Megurka Mel'shay Nezayka Nulzyava Nuyanza Nyal'ka Nyayka Olota Ordava Oshama Parava Pekshayka
    Pemka Pokshava Poshayka Potekay Potyava Putyayka Ravzhava Ruzava Sanal'ka Sangasa Sernyava Serzhay Setyamka Seyamka Shonzhava
    Shukshtoroyka Sinyava Siyamka Slyugan'ka Sochava Styaka Syryava Tatka Tekay Tetyava Tikshayka Toyaksha Tundava Tundya Unzhutka Upurga
    Utyayka Valdava Vergava Vezhav Vidyava Virtyava Yalgava Litova Mastorava Noroava
    }

}
    }

Due to the obvious lack of written accounts from the time period and area, most of the updated namelists have had to make-do with dodgy (or outright fabricated) pseudohistory like Messenius' Finland Rhymed Chronicle or folklore like Kalevala or Yngling Saga (these are for the Lappish/Kven names). Estonians probably have the most historically reliable list, since most of the additions are from Livonian Chronicle of Henry, which is a fairly reliable account of the Livonian crusades.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. XenomorphII Liturgist

XenomorphII
    Parrots:
    Hey, I missed this: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?750885-Announcement-Full-time-mod-support

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)