Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Civilization 5 lead designer Jon Shafer joins Paradox...and gets fired half a year later

there's no civ past 4. what are you talking about?

Norfleet

I hope you are talking about older civ ai and not 5-6.
The ai in 5-6 can't pose a threat even if it outnumbers you 10 to 1.Not to mention it never build the op units(ranged) and always build the useless units first.(pikeman,lancer)
There's a Civ 5 and 6? I don't know what you're talking about.

It should also be noted that a Civ AI still requires someone to ATTACK it in order to lose. A Paradox AI can kill itself without ever coming into contact with an enemy!

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It's much easier for Paradox's AI because each country can be scripted act a certain way. They're programmed to be more interested in certain provinces and have certain attitudes toward each other. Civ AI has to evaluate its own situation on a procedurally generated map without any help from humans.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Paradox games have always been way too complex for their AI to handle, and a bit too long for multiplayer (let alone the fact that a fixed speed does not really works best with them). But they also are pretty good at generating nice stories regardless of the AI shortcomings.

Nirvash

Liturgist
Paradox can't ai for shit, look at stellaris or HOI.

They can only do heavy script ai for enclosed grand strategy.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
This retard placed a foundation to CivVI downfall by introducing all the base crap like 1UPT, dumbed down mechanics, unspeakably cumbersome and disgusting UI. At least for that I am thankful to him because he is making this nuCiv shit's debacle ovbious.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Just the existence of Civilization games past the fourth installment makes me slightly angry when I think of it, and I still look upon IV with eyes slightly narrowed in suspicion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom