Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cities : Skylines

baturinsky

Arcane
%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B4-%D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%B4-%D1%81%D0%B2%D0%B5%D1%80%D1%85%D1%83-%D0%98%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%B8%D1%8F-1941792.jpeg

Turjan

Arcane
Well, no crashes today. Someone on the Paradox forums suggested that this might be an interface/UI bug, and that I should reinstall Visual C++ 2010 and repair .NETframe. I did the former, and this seems to have helped. Or I'm just more cautious. Anyway, I'm happy now.

As for the game, I'm moving at a glacial speed, but I guess that's okay. I'm fiddling around with details. I still dig how you can connect parks and pathways. Here it's two plop parks (Small Park and Small Playground), connected with each other and to the road behind the houses:

69B45DA73071C098124AF3C4CC10E1CE76FDB37C

This even works where it probably shouldn't work. It's definitely fun. You can snap a fire station to the taxi way of the airport. Oh, and it's day of the open door. Go and watch planes and keep your head down:

8C6515A27AB0F6EBFCC433CF8D5507D2274899A2

Also, I really love playing around with trains here. I know that metros are more efficient, but who cares. They also let you make awesome city tours at breakneck speed.

D77BDE0D5001AAB2078632BC6824A12FAEB48518

Here I had to upgrade that roundabout in order to get rid of a gridlock.

F229F93C63FDC574D00D44FAB9D0D835EF063156

Let's see when we will get bigger stations. My somewhat quaint downtown terminal.

7632D459E29AE5312C3950B780C0C31344E7F789

Train fever, Cities: Skylines style.

2566BB6B0F0EE0F14FCF0559ABF517D3557E3830

Last edited:

Angthoron

Arcane
I'm starting to face an annoying deathcare problem - old graveyards are filling up. Does anyone have any deathcare-related tips?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hehe yep. The sims don't care much about life and death. Grandma died? Just throw her on the pile!

Turjan

Arcane
Turjan Very nice city!
Thanks. I made sure I caught the nicer spots ;).
So it's basically same as trash incinerators? Wow :lol:
Yup, they copied it in the most lazy way ever. I think they should tinker a bit with the mechanics, like convert it into an urn park with unlimited capacity. Fortunately, they don't pollute. I think the ingame description mentions something similar to that their sweet smell always reminds you of the fragility of life.

By the way, the first image in my last post, the one with two parks, were originally a "Small Park" and a graveyard next to it. I reused the space.
Hehe yep. The sims don't care much about life and death. Grandma died? Just throw her on the pile!
I'm not too sure about this. I think the game has somewhat of a death fascination, atually. Just look at some of the rewards. Fountain of life and death? Angel of Death? This may not be the actual names (I'm too lazy to look those up), but they have a somewhat grave connotation.

Edit: Speaking of the Fountain of Life and Death, they probably should not run it with gasoline.

mgWPgLu.jpg

Last edited:

baturinsky

Arcane
xd2h4pX.jpg

My methods of city planning so far is 1. boring street grid 2. highway for long-distance transport and 3. as many city entrance points as possible. Currently I have 3 interstate entrances, 3 train stations and one seaport.

Cargo train terminals traffic is indeed insane. Often it's just endless queue of trucks both ways.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Lol a park built on a place where landfill was turned red&orange and all leaves from trees flew off, same thing happens with regular trees if you plant them on purple ground

Looks like Corruption from Terraria

Turjan

Arcane
Shadenuat: You can remove that pollution by having some forest industry on the spot for a while. Forest not necessary.

Speaking of forest industry, once a week, I water the trees.

2D23FD6B025C4F17D7500879023C0FFAAC40EFC5

It spilled a bit over.

99AE71AA700ACA8C9FA5D5487CD586D7815140CA

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
A new start. The tree brush is great.

G9ouZ5Y.jpg

h6fCr0S.jpg

I would love a tool/mod that changes trees that the houses use, so it would be uniform. You can see on the screenshots that they use different trees than the surroundings.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think the honeymoon is over for my part. I was really hoping this would top SimCity 4, but I have no interest in playing it anymore. It kinda makes me sad. Feels a bit like with the JA-series. It's over man... game over!

Perkel

Arcane
welp this game in month or two will be more robust and awesome than SC4 ever was:

New difficulty mod!! (Work in progress)

This one adds an amazing new feature:

'Added a "work buffer" to residential buildings, every time a worker leaves for work it goes down, when the worker reaches work it goes up. Takes some time but if the residents keep failing to reach work the house should start showing "No resources". Houses with this will get abandoned after awhile and have no tax accumulation. Also if I understand it correctly this won't apply to existing buildings, only new buildings after the mod is loaded. '
In addition:

• Increased the traffic disappear timeout for service vehicles/cars from 150/100 to 450/450.
  • Increased the number of residents who travel to offices. Should be tripled, but not sure if working correctly.
  • Removed progression milestone cash reward.
  • Increased construction costs (especially highways, subways, and wonders).
  • Increased maintenance costs by 40%.
  • Increased chance of Cims using their car.
  • Greatly increased unlock price and allow 25 tiles.
  • Increased tax rate effect on happiness.

cw8

Cipher
Anyone have like super dense downtowns yet? What's the highest skyscraper in the vanilla game? They look underwhelming from what I see so far. I'm referring to the level 8 CO$$$ in Simcity 4 type of skyscrapers. This sort, the very tall and majestic looking ones. It's damn satisfying to get those in SC4, and it's pretty challenging to get them from scratch too. Love that about SC4. It's like getting an epic weapon in an RPG that looks really unique except you're playing a city builder.

skyscr10.jpg

skyscr11.jpg

Norfleet

Makes sense to me. Burning bodies prevents a zombie apocalypse. I don't know why you'd want to bury a corpse in an airtight box to stink forever, anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom