Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Chris Avellone tells all on My Favourite Game

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I asked a friend to try to play Fallout and he said he can't, the perspective makes him dizzy. If only they remade it as an FPS, he says.
He is just a cripple, cripped with a non-diversity he expierienced in his life. That's what happened when someone plays only dumb FPS.

Who?

Last edited:

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I think the "Black Isle" seeming-slam that most folks at BIS noticed was in a slice of dialogue in Arcanum referring to the "you mean the Black Isle?" and a follow-up of, "no one would ever want to go there," - I think it was in segments related to the Isle of Despair. Whether it actually was a Black Isle slam, I don't recall, but it was easy to interpret it as one. I don't think anyone really gives a shit about it all now, though - I don't./
You've gotten to that part?

EDIT: Damn, I see ghostdog beat me to it.

Last edited:

TimCain

Obsidian Entertainment
Developer
I think the "Black Isle" seeming-slam that most folks at BIS noticed was in a slice of dialogue in Arcanum referring to the "you mean the Black Isle?" and a follow-up of, "no one would ever want to go there," - I think it was in segments related to the Isle of Despair. Whether it actually was a Black Isle slam, I don't recall, but it was easy to interpret it as one. I don't think anyone really gives a shit about it all now, though - I don't.

I asked the writer of that dialog if it was intended as a dig against Black Isle Studios, and he said it was. Which surprised me, because he was never angry with Feargus or Black Isle Studios.

In any case, I apologize for this dialog, fifteen years too late.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
This is good idea for a quest. The protagonist sneaks up to the library and slightly alters the classical works of main villain, evil wizard Blackislo Islandini. Cut to the ending slides, villain's legacy is now ruined and everybody considers him a hack. Why fight the villain when you can erase him from history.

Also, I need caffeine.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
vtmb is also far better than anything black isle ever made

People make games, not companies.
That's why someone that expects the same quality games from an old company that lost the key designers, is pure nonsense.

The best example: the Gothic series

hivemind

If instead o clicking on reply in the top right corner and quoting the entire post including the quote of the previous poster(and hence alerting them for no reason)

That's why someone that expects the same quality games from an old company that lost the key designers, is pure nonsense.

Another one: id soft

you can simply select the latest part of the post and then click on the reply button that appear once you let go of your mouse button

this avoids quote pyramids and allows you to more clearly respond to specific parts of a post that you are quoting

dunno lah

Arcane
If instead o clicking on reply in the top right corner and quoting the entire post including the quote of the previous poster(and hence alerting them for no reason)

you can simply select the latest part of the post and then click on the reply button that appear once you let go of your mouse button

this avoids quote pyramids and allows you to more clearly respond to specific parts of a post that you are quoting

oh. sorry bro.

Neanderthal

Arcane
That Black Isle crack in Arcanum weren't nowt to call owt though were it? I mean it were fairly fuckin harmless, specially compared to all ballbustin we see in Fallout 2, I mean graffiti on walls o New Reno aint exactly subtle, an some o taunts thrown out. I like a bit o banter, cracked me up when in Max Payne officer Broussard is sayin he'll close a case "when its done." Witcher 3 you've got Ciri an Polish Steven Seagal playin rock, paper, scissors in a fair clear nod to Div:OS etc.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Knights of the Chalice. The last 'greatest ever' Codex hipster RPG (replaced since by Underrail).

I think the "Black Isle" seeming-slam that most folks at BIS noticed was in a slice of dialogue in Arcanum referring to the "you mean the Black Isle?" and a follow-up of, "no one would ever want to go there," - I think it was in segments related to the Isle of Despair. Whether it actually was a Black Isle slam, I don't recall, but it was easy to interpret it as one. I don't think anyone really gives a shit about it all now, though - I don't.

I asked the writer of that dialog if it was intended as a dig against Black Isle Studios, and he said it was. Which surprised me, because he was never angry with Feargus or Black Isle Studios.

In any case, I apologize for this dialog, fifteen years too late.

That's some epic level lurking there Mr Cain! :salute:

Plane Escapee

Your friend
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
In this thread we conclude that at least one significant employee at Obsidian is still on talking terms with MCA [/gossipgirl]

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom