Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Chris Avellone talks to Guardian

Greenskin13

Erudite
Rest in peace, dastinkypickle.

It was a lot less formal in those days.

You just had to kill the next guy in line. Like in prison.

aries202

Erudite
I think you're forgetting that in Europe, you can say things, you can't in the US. I sometimes watch 'the 'daily show' and I have to admit that beeping certain words out just seem to attract more attention to the beeped out words. Plus: it gets very annoying after a while, especially since you can guess what the word should be. And people don't stop using these words, just because they can't hear them on tv...

As for the interview in the Guardian, it was a pretty good interview. And Chris Avellone did have some good points, especially the points about working with a licenced IP, which means you, as the developer, have to get everything approved by the franchiseholder. (or IP holder).

This could be the reason behind why KOTOR2, and NWN 2 has the looks, they have, while PS: Torment probably was more Chris Avellone's vision. It also sounds like Obsidian might try their hands at shaping their own worlds, making their own games in their own IP setting.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"while PS: Torment probably was more Chris Avellone's vision."

Umm.... PST is a IP as well...

For no reason whatsoever I decided to google the username my older brother tricked me into using during my youth. I was *sigh* am... dastinkypickle, and definitely went by that when I joined the Fallout community at age 12 or whatever it was. I was a little shocked to find that traces of that grim past still exist, but I have no idea who this guy is and there were no prison-style preteen battle royales that took place.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What a shitty necro of a shitty thread

Then why don't they? Is it really so fucking hard to get funding for a trio of guys like Avallone, Fergus and Sawyer?

We got Pillars of Shiternity and Shitland 2 so I guess some dreams do come true after all. :troll:

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

For no reason whatsoever I decided to google the username my older brother tricked me into using during my youth. I was *sigh* am... dastinkypickle, and definitely went by that when I joined the Fallout community at age 12 or whatever it was. I was a little shocked to find that traces of that grim past still exist, but I have no idea who this guy is and there were no prison-style preteen battle royales that took place.

You sound like a sad fucker whose only pleasure is remembering the past.

Welcome to the codex!

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ban dastinkypickle. For necroing this thread and for (probably) being one of those FO3 cheerleading vermin on NMA.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom