Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Chris Avellone talks about life as a freelancer at Reboot Develop 2016

Unwanted

Manmower

Unwanted
Edgy
Sawyer's on a diet of soya lattes and cum. Meanwhile, MCA wrestles Tim Schaffer while on the con circuit.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Suddenly I found conversation in this thread to be extremely irritating.
People, why it feels like we are on Beetles funeral?
Show a little optimism, even if it mean to pull it out of your asses, because now you sound like robots.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
The boring (Sawyer) won versus the creative (Avellone) at Obsidian, so they kicked him out. Our last hope is Tim Cain.

New Vegas would have been a better game if Avellone headed it like Feargus promised him back in the day.

Shin

Cipher
I feel like Avellone would probably beat Sawyer into a bloody pulp in a fight just by pushing him off-balance all the time.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
When it comes to creating lore and tying it together, Avellone has been writing short fiction, and some key learnings have come from that. "I realized that short stories are fine, but trying to write novels… I don't understand how novelists do it," he said. "There's a lot of moving parts and very long prose work. The first novel I tried to write, I'm still stuck on the last six chapters, thinking 'how do I tie all this stuff together?'"
Goddammit that's the most interesting part of this.

Hey, Chris Avellone , if you can't really tie it all together, just do it the Neal Stephenson way and... don't.

And then publish the damn book !

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom