Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

There is no world domination on this list :P

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Yeah, he'll never be taken seriously as writer with a down to earth portfolio like that. It needs something eccentric and wild. An exhibition of his own paintings, made by feces from his flock of pet monkeys, or something like that.

Rev

Arcane
Chris, since you're reading, stop wasting your time doing minor (and mostly useless) work on other people's games. We want a game with your vision from beginning to end, that would be interesting, not a single quest or an NPC in RPG X.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Chris, since you're reading, stop wasting your time doing minor (and mostly useless) work on other people's games. We want a game with your vision from beginning to end, that would be interesting, not a single quest or an NPC in RPG X.
Like one about the existential crisis that wolves present

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Do you really want that if his heart's not in it?

Rev

Arcane

Do you really want that if his heart's not in it?
Of course not, I just hope he still wants to take a bigger role again, instead of just writing/designing small stuff.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Prolonged exposure to Fallout Shelter makes you click the air in front of you, hoping for the sound of caps. It's like a Vault experiment all in itself.

Wayside: Also, I can't even recall if I got paid for Grimrock, it's been so long. I did enjoy writing the treatment, though, so I don't care overmuch.

Mr. Avellone. While you are here. Have you ever written a character while laying in the bathtub?

Serious question. My brain enters a new plane of function when I'm taking a bath, but it goes away as soon as I leave the bathroom :)

Ninjerk

Arcane
Prolonged exposure to Fallout Shelter makes you click the air in front of you, hoping for the sound of caps. It's like a Vault experiment all in itself.

Wayside: Also, I can't even recall if I got paid for Grimrock, it's been so long. I did enjoy writing the treatment, though, so I don't care overmuch.

Mr. Avellone. While you are here. Have you ever written a character while laying in the bathtub?

Serious question. My brain enters a new plane of function when I'm taking a bath, but it goes away as soon as I leave the bathroom :)
Also, does he have any pics

y'know, of the brainstorming session

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy

Since he is afraid of Clowns

No clowns are allowed

20bbb58e272975da45e79e441d77b81d.jpg

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy

And it must be a game with an interesting narrative concept to hook the player right rom the get go and the gameplay must be designed around this concept.

tumblr_inline_nxnpulhfvv1sy7b3q_500.gif

Fairfax

Arcane
About the interview:

Fairfax: MCA Appreciation Station wants to know if you're up for a podcast?

MCA: Sure, but let me pace out some other ones first (have had to postpone a bunch b/c of work, but that's not a bad thing, work is great).

Fairfax: No problem, glad you're enjoying work! Oh, and I said podcast because someone suggested that at first, but people seem split on text/audio interview, so whatever you prefer is fine.

MCA: Text would be fine, my voice is kind of terrible to listen to, but whatever you guys would prefer.
We'll figure it out. ;)

:drink:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I like how codexers are normally vile savage unruly creatures that scream decline in every devs face, but when Chris comes around, everybody turns into a pure gentleman.

Oh hello dear fellow, Mr. Avellone. Can I ask thee a question regarding the prospects of game design? I would really rather enjoy it!

gentlemen.jpg
gentlemen-lorenzo-bringheli-homotography-2.jpg

Not that I mind :D

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I like how codexers are normally vile savage unruly creatures that scream decline in every devs face, but when Chris comes around, everybody turns into a pure gentleman.

Oh hello dear fellow, Mr. Avellone. Can I ask thee a question regarding the prospects of game design? I would really rather enjoy it!

gentlemen.jpg

Those guys at the right don't have stylish modern suits and ties though. Maybe it was intentional?

ZagorTeNej

Arcane

gentlemen.jpg

That's because Avellone is awesome.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom