Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

Deleted member 7219

Just found this out and haven't listened it so I don't know if there's anything interesting there.

No Mutants Allowed guys admits he never finished PST... Fucking kids these days. If you are doing an interview with Chris Fucking Avellone for No Mutants Allowed, at least play his Magnum Opus, or the very least don't admit you know knowing about his main work.

Absolutely disgusting.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
At the end Chris was saying that he would gladly make another interview in the future. And he really is willing to participate in these podcasts. Makes me wonder why didn't the Codex made a cool podcast with him yet? I'm sure we could get a few guys and girls who can communicate in an acceptable way.

Fairfax

Arcane
At the end Chris was saying that he would gladly make another interview in the future. And he really is willing to participate in these podcasts. Makes me wonder why didn't the Codex made a cool podcast with him yet? I'm sure we could get a few guys and girls who can communicate in an acceptable way.
He's always up for it. There was an interview with some youtuber that had 8 subscribers a while ago. Should be even easier with the Codex, just a matter of finding the right people.

EDIT:
Asked him about the podcast. Now one of you has to step forward and actually do it. :lol:

Last edited:

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Podcasts and videos are :popamole: compared to written text

Just imagine how horrible PS:T would be if it was fully voiced and you couldn't read at your own pace

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Podcasts and videos are :popamole: compared to written text

Just imagine how horrible PS:T would be if it was fully voiced and you couldn't read at your own pace
But this is not PST and humanity invented video interviews a long time ago.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
But this is not PST and humanity invented video interviews a long time ago.
Principle is similar, video makes it inconvenient to go through the material at a pace which suits you.
Chris talks in a pace which suits me well. Hearing him talk ads some flavour to the text, I can hear if he is joking, or serious about something.

Sannom

Augur
As a CEO, maybe that Fargo simply took courses to get a more generic accent?

We know that Feargus doesn't care too much about how he communicates (at least with journalists, "journalists" and fans) but I doubt he's the baseline.

Fairfax

Arcane

nikolokolus

Arcane
I thought he was from Virginia?

He is, but he adopted the accent, same as Sawyer who's from Wisconsin.

Notice that both of their accents are less extreme than Feargus', who grew up in California. On the other hand, Brian Fargo doesn't have it at all, so it's also a generational thing.

(I may be overthinking this)
By some accounts, Fargo was more of an alpha athlete-type in high-school instead of a nerdy beta like Feargus.

Edit: Citation given

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I had an accent as a young kid, but going full-monotone in my tweens took care of it. It's possible Fargo may have had one and removed it through similar means.

Eh, didn't Sawyer have a vaguely southern accent?

Not remotely. Wisconsin's in the midwest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom