Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
That old, torn baseball cap....he looks like a redneck. Also, the title of the video has a typo.

Atomical

Logic Artists
Developer
"Avallone" I wonder if it's intentional? :lol:

Also, his favourite game seems to change every week. He just had an interview about his favourite game and said it was close between Wasteland and System Shock 2, now it's Chrono Trigger. :lol:

Chaotic Neutral. :incline:

Equilibirum would have to be a pretty heavy shooter, interesting pick.

"Codex or Watch?"
"Ooh...different reasons, Codex"

:martini:

The Splelling was not intentional. :? I do appreciate that some folks found it funny though!
After hearing about it I rushed to re-export and picked the wrong cut, this last one is slightly rearranged and with a touch better sound mixing.

Soz for the take downs. Here's the video -->

Lhynn

Arcane
I see equilibrium as more of an rpg than a FPS, theres no way you can do gun-kata any justice with an FPS.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It might be more informative to ask him what he wanted Wild Wasteland to be. To my eyes, it's "special casey" by definition.

LizardWizard

Cipher

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
YCS/186 is a perfectly fine in-joke considering it fits in with Tim Cain's rule that if a person doesn't know it's a reference, they won't believe it is one.

Starwars

Arcane
Ahem... http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_2_cultural_references
:deathclaw:

That said, I'm not a fan of the pop culture shit at any rate. At least I could choose to *not* partake with Wild Wasteland. I wish they'd had that for Fallout 2.

Those were campy, but not remotely obscure.

Whereas YCS was a bad, unfunny, culturally irrevelant forum filled with pedo shitlords posting hentei. I can see why Josh liked it.

I would much prefer running into a reference that I don't know what it is (like YCS), and that doesn't impact my actualy game, than finding myself at the Monty Python bridge of doom area in Fallout 2 (which happened to me the very first time I played the game) for example.

Space Insect

Arcane
Wait, Chris being an ego lord? Is this the same person that this guy is writing about?

Also: lol at "Beth writers are better than MCA"

Ninjerk

Arcane
I watched a couple of episodes of The Wire Saturday night and MCA is turning into the major that hates the main character.

Fairfax

Arcane

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom