Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Choose your own Dragon Age adventure

Kipeci

Arcane
D

TOME

Cuckmaster General
C, she's dead unless she can find Ciro first.

Tigranes

Arcane
Both options would have led to the same thing for this update, but since this is another wall of text post I wanted to separate it from the last one.

What is this, fucking Bioware fake choices in my Bioware LP- oh.

B and C, I don't even know how we can enforce it between a crippled useless protagonist and an unwilling Fern/Levina.

Are we willing to kill innocents for our revenge? Well, I'm not, really. We might have killed innocents to get riches, power, whatever, but for revenge, especially if we seem to be doomed due to our arm/poison either way? *Shrug*

D.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
The evil path it is. Although Dragon Age supports ethic relativism so I'm not sure evil applies here.

664029.jpg

"We'll kill the guard," you say. "It is the only choice." Fern looks to you with stern disapproval.

"Very well," the blood mage says. "Bring me the cell keys."

You move to the upstairs and dispatch the guard quickly by drawing your sword across his throat from behind. You feel an immense sense of guilt for the cold-blooded murder, but it couldn't have been helped. You must be allowed your revenge. Nothing else matters.

You bring the keys into the dungeon and open the cell for the elven blood mage.

"Now open a door into the Fade," you say.

"With pleasure," the elf says. "After all, my word is my bond. Now, I'll just be requiring a sacrifice."

"But the guard," you say. "The guard was your sacrifice. I've just slit his throat."

"You misunderstand," the elf says. "The guard cannot be the sacrifice. I mentioned killing him to get the cell keys, nothing more. No, I'll need someone to drain right down here where we'll open the passageway."

You feel betrayed. This guard died for little more than a miscommunication, and you're barely closer to entering the Fade. What now? You've already killed one innocent. If you chose another path now, his life will have been taken in vain.

A) Travel upstairs to find another person to offer in sacrifice.
B) Change course and offer half the lifespan of the mysterious baby that Fern has been protecting.
C) Change course and offer half of Levina's lifespan, despite her disapproval.
D) Change course and offer half of your already short lifespan with the understanding that there is a good chance you will not be able to finish your quest by the end.

A does lead to something, so it's not a dead end. As others have pointed out, B & C are most likely shitstorms waiting to happen. D might be risky, who can say?

Tigranes

Arcane
That fucker didn't say anything before we made the choice, I say we cut him up as soon as we're done with him.

Sticking with D for now.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
That motherfucking bloodmage. I support the motion to kill the fucker after this ordeal.
D A before we sacrifice mayors son or something.

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
If we've gone down the unneeded evil to folks we don't know pathway a little we may as well keep on in full force.

A

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
664029.jpg

You travel back upstairs, and leave the guardhouse to find another victim for your ritual. It's not long before you're approached by a woman looking for her child.

"I believe I saw him enter the jail," you say. It's a heinous trick, but you see no difference between taking the life of a mother and taking the life of a guard. He likely had a family, too.

The woman follows you back into the dungeon, where she's met by your party. "Where is my so--" she begins, as the blood mage begins his ritual. Her words are cut short by your sword.

As she bleeds to death on the floor, you see a small white portal begin to open nearby. As it grows it size, the outside edges begin to warble. Soon, it collapses entirely.

"What happened?" you exclaim.

"I think ... " the blood mage begins. "I think it has something to do with the entropic energy surrounding Ataxias. I know what disrupted the spell, and I can avoid it next time. I'm sorry, but we'll need to start again. I promise, this time, we'll break through."

"Mama?" you hear a young voice call from upstairs. It's probably the child for whom your last victim was searching. You've already killed so many. Returning to an original choice would make both the guard's and the mother's death utterly pointless.

"Mama?"

A) "She's down here!"
B) Change course and offer half the lifespan of the mysterious baby that Fern has been protecting.
C) Change course and offer half of Levina's lifespan, despite her disapproval.
D) Change course and offer half of your already short lifespan with the understanding that there is a good chance you will not be able to finish your quest by the end.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Absolutely glorious :lol:
:excellent:

Don't worry guys! We will get trough this!
D
:troll:

Edit: flopped

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
D. Guys, our choice doesn't make the previous deaths pointless, they are already pointless by virtue of not working. This is a classic gambler's fallacy.

Kipeci

Arcane
Obviously it's us charging straight into the sunk-cost fallacy, but it was said that A leads to something ('something' presumably being more than 'the current choice, with more dead innocents', or I guess it's disappointing if that's the answer) and since we cocked it up by not collectively choosing D the first time as I wanted we may as well see where this goes. It's not like the child means anything to us.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Oh fuck it
D
I want humanism evil, not baby eating evil if that does make any sense.

Kipeci

Arcane
If we go through with D we'll just be retarded, but we need to go full retard by choosing A again or else it'll just piss people off uselessly

Elfberserker

Liturgist
If we go through with D we'll just be retarded, but we need to go full retard by choosing A again or else it'll just piss people off uselessly

Every good CYOA game must cause butthurt amongst its readers for otherwise it's bad CYOA game, so sayeth thy Lord.
Besides both player retardness and Dragon age games are like hand and glove, both must be included.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
A

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom