Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Chess

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
do you want to tell us that you, the norwegian here, do not know Magnus Carlsen?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
are you guys watching a chess stream or what

In Norway I can watch it live on two different channels. One is an "internet channel" (VG.no which is a newspaper) while the other is the state channel NRK.
Only the latter has the rights to broadcast live pictures of the game, but is hosted by a stupid cow with an aggravating, shrill laughter and an obnoxious cheerleader mentality.
The former is more indepht with a really nerdy/weird expert commenter. In the previous game it was so boring that he started going through an old Lasker vs Capablanca game from 1914 instead.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
do you want to tell us that you, the norwegian here, do not know Magnus Carlsen?
I know who he is, just hadn't hear him talk before.
also I'm swedish.
fucker.

In Norway I can watch it live on two different channels. One is an "internet channel" (VG.no which is a newspaper) while the other is the state channel NRK.
Only the latter has the rights to broadcast live pictures of the game, but is hosted by a stupid cow with an aggravating, shrill laughter and an obnoxious cheerleader mentality.
The former is more indepht with a really nerdy/weird expert commenter. In the previous game it was so boring that he started going through an old Lasker vs Capablanca game from 1914 instead.
I'm looking at vg.no now. is it over?

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
damn where are the babes at?

for a smart guy, that magnus isn't very articulate.

It's definitely surprising that top chess players aren't always very sociable, considering the glamorous Hollywood lifestyle they lead. I guess constantly being hounded by paparazzi and gorgeous women can wear one out eventually. :P

FN2.jpg

(picture stolen from http://weaksquare.blogspot.com/2009/10/fruits-and-nuts.html)

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
RAW world chess

hahahaha xtreme

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
I've actually had to work at work today so I haven't been able to follow the game closely. Seems like Anand went for it with the Sicilian - and good for him! - but the position right now seems pretty equal or maybe even slightly favourable for White.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Looks like Carlsen missed winning continuation in double-edged Sicilian position.

Overall, Anand's play was very feeble this match. Had Kramnik qualified instead of Carlsen (he missed the qualification by a hair) I think he would've beaten Anand as well.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, I agree. I'm only a beginner (so my opinion might not be worth much), but in my opinion Anand has played much too passively and cautiously - he only really started fighting yesterday.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
So when will Anand make the decisive blunder in this knight ending?
To be fair, I'd play out this endgame too, because white is much better imo, from a practical viewpoint.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Mkay, congrats to our norse brethren then for giving us the new World Chess Champ. Go Sweden!
#carlsontoostronk
#yolo

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Bah, what a sucky WM. Just remember the Karpov - Kasparov matches. They wanted to fight for it, now you get Ruy Lopes Berlin Wall 50% of the games.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Just got to watch the end of the game. Congrats to Swagnus, the fabulous new world champ - long may he reign! :P

37FlM05tOUkVUSOaPb29uAe_PwGWNJEAv0yzYrjZjZHw.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom