Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cheating is endemic in rpgs. Being forced not to reload puts you on disadvantage

With 75% hit chance, what would be your 'real' hit rate?

• 200%. Just hitting is for weak, I always start encounters with good critical

• 60%, since birth im not lucky

• 75%, only ironman

• 80%, I only reload if I miss 3 times in a row

• 85%, I only reload if missing 2 times in a row breaks my perfect strategy

• 100%, missing breaks my strategy

Results are only viewable after voting.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
No, FO 2. I beat FO 1 at least once. The timer never got me in FO 1. FO 2 every time, clearing content as I do and having to backtrack for quests. Do you skip content or not do it all?
You can finish everything in Fallout 2 way before the 13 year limit, you're doing something strange.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
No, FO 2. I beat FO 1 at least once. The timer never got me in FO 1. FO 2 every time, clearing content as I do and having to backtrack for quests. Do you skip content or not do it all?
You can finish everything in Fallout 2 way before the 13 year limit, you're doing something strange.

13 year limit by cheating? If you have a 13 year limit, you're doing something strange.

Roqua

Prospernaut
13 year limit by cheating? If you have a 13 year limit, you're doing something strange.
:hmmm:

The time limit in Fallout 2 is 13 years.

Is this true for getting the GECK? I get the dreams constantly with the guy harassing me. There is no time limit but a general 13 year time limit? I could have swore my game ended because of a time limit and not because I got bored. I highly doubt I spent 13 years dicking around each time. I clear content and only backtrack for quests.

Roqua

Prospernaut
And it also can't be extended, as far as I know, since it's literally a limitation of the engine. I'm not sure what you're on about, Roqua.

Both big fan patches offer the ability to change time limits. That is 100% certain. I haven't played FO2 in a while, but I am almost certain it allows you to add or remove time, or have it reset the date. In FO1, which I have played in the last couple years, I know for certain it allows you to increase multiple time options, including mutant responses to cities.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Is this true for getting the GECK? I get the dreams constantly with the guy harassing me. There is no time limit but a general 13 year time limit? I could have swore my game ended because of a time limit and not because I got bored. I highly doubt I spent 13 years dicking around each time. I clear content and only backtrack for quests.
There is no time limit because the limit(s) from the first one were incredibly divisive.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Well, when I'm wrong I'm wrong. I honestly don't see how I quit every time out of boredom, but I highly doubt I couldn't do everything in 13 years.

Edit - Unless the main fan mod shortens the limit by default?

Beastro

Arcane
I'm in America. We play cheat how we want. Fuck yeah!

Keeping things on topic here~

lukaszek

hey man, could you explain why it is that true randomness isn't possible? i read somewhere that a coin flip isn't a flat 50% chance, why?
it can also fall on edge

Chinese are becoming notorious for their arrogance and attitude of superiority.

Becoming?

:what:

They're just getting back on track thinking they're the center of the universe again after the humbling they've faced since the First Opium War.

Former American president John Quincy Adams commented that opium was "a mere incident to the dispute ... the cause of the [First Opium] war is the kowtow—the arrogant and insupportable pretensions of China that she will hold commercial intercourse with the rest of mankind not upon terms of equal reciprocity, but upon the insulting and degrading forms of the relations between lord and vassal."

Last edited:

Roqua

Prospernaut
Roqua maybe your character died from radiation while exploring?

No, I could just reload. I must just get bored and stop like I do with most games. Unless the big mod changes the time limit, or does something else to make the game end before the 13 years? I'll admit I'm retarded but not can't beat a game with a 13 year time limit level of retard. I could swear the last time I played it ended well before I cleared everything and before I got bored.

Edit-
I found a guide to the mod but it doesn't list the quest time options it gives when installing the mod. It did list this quest from Arroyo but I don't think I would skip it like an idiot and have the game end, and it doesn't list the time limit.

• Find a way to save the harvest in Arroyo.
Bring the AFR poison from Klamath (in the Rat Tunnels) and give it to the Elder. 500 XP
100 XP extra if you have also collected useful info about the wasteland (Outdoorsman 60+)
50 XP if you have no useful info (Only information about Klamath).
There is a time limit to do this quest. If you don't complete it in time, the game will end!
http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Megamod_Guide

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
Here Comes fallen Angel, we are all too used to their fetishes, but Dicephilia is something weird even for the standarts of the Hell.
Not sure if you're making a poetry there, but in case you're serious I don't exactly fetishes dice rolls. In fact, if there's *any* philias that you should be questioning in this forum, it's OP's Deterministicphilia. Or his/her/its RNGphobia, especially.

Sykar

Arcane
I admit that I do occasionally reload if a fight goes REALLY terrible. That being said I also always play with self imposed extra restrictions which many here would find strange. To give an example in the BG series I limited my rests to once a dungeon, reload on death because I ignore raise dead type spells because I find them ludicrous, not abusing faultily implemented spells like Project Image or Simulacrum (scroll abuse) and some more stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom