Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Challange LP's?

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Anyone have any ideas for some challenge LPs? What I mean is specific classes or mods or skill in specific games. Something like the old Ironman Fallout LPs but without being able to take small weapons as a skill or maxing int at 2. Doing a LP with the ideal character is pretty boring unless you are Rance.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Something like the old Ironman Fallout LPs but without being able to take small weapons as a skill or maxing int at 2.
Jinxed, Luck 1 unarmed character who does not have Gifted and whose Intellect and Agility are average at best. That's how I played it.

Thing is, Fallout is much too easy even then, and it has been done to death.

What about Space Rangers Ironman on Hard? :M

Or some other difficult game.

What about ADOM challenges, Eternium/Brimstone Man and the like? What about FTL No Shield Run or No Upgrades Run? On Hard, to make things more spicy. What about Roleplaying challenge, when you take a role and stick to it, without following the best solutions - like Pope Amole's Fallout Feminist Run?

Finally, what about Codexian Interactive LPs? Pick an obscure game and let it be run by guys who see it for the first time and understand little of its intricacies, with only your skill to carry you. I do not doubt you would find your challenge then.

Cassidy

Arcane
Age of Decadence Ironman with a 50/50 Combat/Diplomacy Hybrid Character that has no skills in Lore and Crafting.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Fallout Tactics solo in real time. Some nasty guerrilla actions, use traps (they're useless in SP, sometimes used in MP by bored players, now MP is ded).

JA2 1.13 spec ops (with night combat, sneaking, knives throwing and else).
Soloing 7,62 High Caliber?

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Maybe way of the samurai 4 with unarmed and not upgraded guy and start with normal or hard difficulty?

Does anyone know bad builds in recent shadowrun games or pillars of eternity?
I haven't seen anybody doing LP about bannersaga either.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Replaying Pillars of Eternity is a challenge in itself. :salute:

Still, playing it solo on path of the damned would make for a fine challenge.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fallout Tactics solo in real time. Some nasty guerrilla actions, use traps (they're useless in SP, sometimes used in MP by bored players, now MP is ded).

JA2 1.13 spec ops (with night combat, sneaking, knives throwing and else).
Soloing 7,62 High Caliber?
Hardcore? *For Fallout Tactics?

Replaying Pillars of Eternity is a challenge in itself. :salute:

Still, playing it solo on path of the damned would make for a fine challenge.
I've done TCS before, I wonder if the same strategies still apply with all the new patches.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Hardcore? *For Fallout Tactics?
[/QUOTE]

I though soloing team focused game is somewhat challenging?

EDIT
and yes, Ironman is a must. That's the part of these challenges, duh.
You know what? I might reinstall F:T and do it myself.

Last edited:
Fallout 4 drinking game. Take a drink every time something dumb happens or the game breaks lore.

Oblivion... With all loverslab mods. :troll:

The challenge being trying not to crash every 5 minutes.

What about Space Rangers Ironman on Hard? :M

Was actually thinking about attempting a 200% difficulty ironman SR2 game. Not sure I'm brave enough to LP it though.

Age of Decadence Ironman with a 50/50 Combat/Diplomacy Hybrid Character that has no skills in Lore and Crafting.

Ultimate hardcore challenge: A character who attempts to keep all of their skills as equal as possible, being equally mediocre in everything.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I know. What I said before - traps were a cool concept but I never used them, simply because there is not much opportunity for them.
Might either watch him or start myself someday...

Catfish

Learned
UFO: EU (xenonauts if you cannot handle the graphics) no armor, ballistics only, no hovertanks, basic interceptors only, no psi (no mod-gimped psi for xenounauts).

It will not go well ;)

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
oldmanpaco Lords of Xulima + Deepest Dark mod + no death. I can't no death it and I have 600 hours and made said mod, so it'd be interesting even with that last part removed. Only 2 proven tutorial completions after all.

FCVanillaIce

Literate
What? It's almost like you don't want to see him getting swamped by schizophrenic, psycotic and all kinds of crazy adventurers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom