Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's next AAA RPG after Cyberpunk 2077 planned for release by 2021

KateMicucci

Arcane
I for one hope that the next game isn't more Witcher. It would be nice to look forward to more big-budget games that aren't yet another entry in an endless parade of sequels in a fantasy world we've explored several times already.

Quillon

Arcane
There is no chance of that. Witcher exploded big. Assuming Geralt's story is over I just hope it wouldn't be a pre-defined protag in the next Witcher or god forbid Ciri.

Gerrard

Arcane
If they were smart they would make a game set like 200 years earlier, when the world was still filled with monsters.

Oh wait, that wouldn't make any difference from the current games.

SophosTheWise

Cipher
I was speculating a few days ago that once they have a sci-fi and a fantasy franchise going, it only makes sense to alternate between them. Could easily be an RPG set in the Northern Kingdoms (Witcher universe) with full character creation.

Could easily be a mega-dungeon party-based co-op roleplaying game that requires out-of-game cooperation if you choose to play via LAN or internet. It will have lots of different puzzles, riddles, traps, finally a mechanically interesting Bard class to play, a deep story told through an innovative narrator as well as lots of environmental story-telling. Of course they will also introduce new addictive gameplay loops and a brand new combat system that the world hasn't seen before somewhere between Wizardry 8 and Dragon's Dogma.

Okay, no, it will not. I'm betting my money on a mechanically boring, uninspired open-world-RPG that will be loved by millions of retards all around the globe.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I was speculating a few days ago that once they have a sci-fi and a fantasy franchise going, it only makes sense to alternate between them. Could easily be an RPG set in the Northern Kingdoms (Witcher universe) with full character creation.

Could easily be a mega-dungeon party-based co-op roleplaying game that requires out-of-game cooperation if you choose to play via LAN or internet. It will have lots of different puzzles, riddles, traps, finally a mechanically interesting Bard class to play, a deep story told through an innovative narrator as well as lots of environmental story-telling. Of course they will also introduce new addictive gameplay loops and a brand new combat system that the world hasn't seen before somewhere between Wizardry 8 and Dragon's Dogma.

Okay, no, it will not. I'm betting my money on a mechanically boring, uninspired open-world-RPG that will be loved by millions of retards all around the globe.
Hi again. I see you are trying hard. Keep trying, kid. For the record, I mentioned full character creation in the sense of "not another Witcher with Geralt or anyone from the Witcher games as protagonist".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom