Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Re-Announcement Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

jolene

Literate
Looks like an unpopular opinion, but I actually liked TW3's gameplay. I agree that combat isn't the best, but I liked having to search around for clues to the tune of blues clues. But hey, it was fun and I thought they did a great job overall.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
witcher 3 literally streamlined everything for the AAA console crowd, dumbed down alchemy, made it so previously needed potions like cat were pointless.. didn't even have to use stances in battle, has markers all over the map like an ubisoft game and is lauded by consoletards as the best rpg ever made

all it has is a generic story that isn't even that good and doesn't twist up fantasy tropes like witcher does (hearts of stone was the only good thing) why the fuck do people defend this game like their child on here?

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
If they have to make a FPS Cyberpunk 2077, they should make a full simulation of the player's body ( not just a floating head & gun) with unified first person and third person animations like Star Citizen does it.

Because of that, they can simulate body parts damage; leaning, combat stances and cover animations that feel more natural and also implement cybernetic upgrades for body physics with a tangible feel in gameplay like better aim or better body control with less inertia.

For example, because in Star Citizen the camera is actually placed in the eyes of the 3D rig model, they had a problem with vision stabilization when running.
The fix they found in Star Marine, in Cyberpunk 2077 could actually represent a cybernetic upgrade to alleviate this with direct implication in shooting mechanics

Also this would benefit the social hub Cyberpunk 2077 will have because this would mean that every movement and actual gesture others make would be seen by others with 100% fidelity.

The drawback would be that this requires a shit-ton of transitional animations but as high the expectations are for this game, CD Projekt does not afford to dissapoint

Last edited:

ShadowSpectre

Arbiter
I am getting the feeling that Cyberpunk is going to be a bit of a let down or much different than we thought it would be. The game seems to be in a kind of development hell (rumours true or not), and has been taking a long time with no news even well into after all the TW3 expansions released. I say this as a big fan of CDProjekt Red and The Witcher games. Remember in earlier trailers of TW3 where Geralt walks in to the Emperor's throne room? Then in the game you what, walk into basically his closet instead? The Cyberpunk 2077 original trailer will make you cry once you see whatever gameplay they show us as E3. I really hope that I am wrong, but there's always some form of decline happening these days and we can't expect any developer is immune. The damn trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 released in 2013 and there's been almost nothing on the game since. It's been over 5 years as of this month with still nothing to show for all the hype.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
This year E3 will be Cyberpunk 2077 vs Bethesda space RPG

CDProjekt has already won.

R0yqtCQ.jpg

RepHope

Savant
I am getting the feeling that Cyberpunk is going to be a bit of a let down or much different than we thought it would be. The game seems to be in a kind of development hell (rumours true or not), and has been taking a long time with no news even well into after all the TW3 expansions released. I say this as a big fan of CDProjekt Red and The Witcher games. Remember in earlier trailers of TW3 where Geralt walks in to the Emperor's throne room? Then in the game you what, walk into basically his closet instead? The Cyberpunk 2077 original trailer will make you cry once you see whatever gameplay they show us as E3. I really hope that I am wrong, but there's always some form of decline happening these days and we can't expect any developer is immune. The damn trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 released in 2013 and there's been almost nothing on the game since. It's been over 5 years as of this month with still nothing to show for all the hype.
That original trailer was all CGI. It featured a half naked chick and a bunch of dudes in armor. I’m going to take a leap here and say that shit will all be in the game.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
witcher 3 literally streamlined everything for the AAA console crowd, dumbed down alchemy, made it so previously needed potions like cat were pointless..

Alchemy was already badly dumbed down in W2. So that's hardly a W3 accomplishment. They possibly went overboard with only needing alcohol for the additional servings, but I generally like the feel of W3 alchemy more than W2. Of course both are very inferior to W1.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
In my opinion people severely overreact to alchemy changes in Witcher 3. I know I didn't exactly enjoy tracking down specific alcohols, and by "tracking down" I mean going to taverns to reliably procure them, in order to brew White Gull which was in turn needed for upgraded concoctions. Now imagine doing the same thing for everything in addition to other basic ingredients recipes require. No, real problem with Witcher 3 alchemy was the absolute BLOAT it underwent with myriads of decoctions of which maybe a fifth if not less saw any real use. Maybe you really need them to scrape by in Death March, but I kinda doubt it.

If you're a reliable RPG kleptomaniac alchemical refills are a non issue in the first place. :?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
The point is, that IMO W2 alchemy was even worse. You might consider being limited to drinking potions at rest points only incline, but it simply did not work well in practice. Oh wait, there's a tough enemy... let's backtrack to a rest spot to consume a potion that will help... and then proceed to have its timer run out during numerous lenghty cutscenes... that was fun...

I think W3 alchemy had both more impact and more lore behind it then W2. Again, both systems were faaar behind W1.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
While W1 had some nice lore-y potion, i mean there is no difference between it and 3. You can drink in battle, toxicity being the limiting factor. And W1 was piss poor easy that the only important potion is Swallow, even in the hardest difficulty.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
You forgot about ingredient secondary effects. And the unique mutagen potions (heavy C&C!). And how a major part of the early game revolved around gathering cash to buy lore books teaching about herbology, monster anatomy, habits... and ingredients which can be obtained from them. The lore aspect was really dumbed down to the ground.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
First half of Akira: that is some nice Cyberpunk shit. Gangs fighting, government experiments, exactly what I love about the genre.
Second half of Akira: why did it just turn into generic anime wtf

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom