Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Re-Announcement Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
Interesting, so in the yongyea video there was a large part that was pretty much a hitjob on Adam Badowski, but in the video that Madqueen did, claiming she spoke with over 40 devs, she says the exact opposite, that Badowski has clear vision but some of the middle managers don't follow it as they should

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxnaAL3BNE4

It's almost as if people on youtube don't know what they're talking about...

Gerrard

Arcane
T5pkGUv.png

Sounds like a great studio and a place to work in.
:russiastronk:

So basically all those Glassdoor reviews were true.

Paul_cz

Arcane

Iznaliu

Arbiter
So basically all those Glassdoor reviews were true.

Shocking news: People don't have much incentive to lie on an anonymous review platform which is rarely used by anyone other than other prospective employees.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
This is going to turn into a complete disaster.

:M

It is truly sad that they aren't a private company, instead of a publicly held one. Oh well, that's what happens...

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Sounds like a great studio and a place to work in.
Sounds like exactly every studio I've extensively worked with (which is 3, granted, but I easily extrapolated the idea that incompetency is omnipresent in gamedev).

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Sounds like exactly every studio I've extensively worked with (which is 3, granted, but I easily extrapolated the idea that incompetency is omnipresent in gamedev).

I don't think you need to work at even a single studio for that idea to quickly become shockingly apparent.

Gerrard

Arcane
Reading the stock market subforums for CDPR is the best entertainment they will provide for a good while.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
The angle the handgun is held in the upper picture is unnatural.

Looking at that picture, the guy's hand looks rather malformed, like he has a genetic disorder or something; the thumb is too big related to the other fingers, and the hand is overall slightly too elongated.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
this #WECANWAIT shitshow increasingly looks like it has more of a place amidst the rabid Star Citizen fanboys.

Bad management and oversized egos would not be the only things Star Citizen and Cyberpunk 2077 has in common it seems.

Last edited:

RepHope

Savant
this #WECANWAIT shitshow increasingly looks like it has more of a place amidst the rabid Star Citizen fanboys.

Bad management and oversized egos would not be the only things Star Citizen and Cyberpunk 2077 has in common it seems.
They fucked up announcing the game back in 2012/2013, but we do know why they did (To show people they weren't just a Witcher studio) and they are finally going all in on Cyberpunk.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
First shot of the marketing hype barrage? I guess we can expect IGN/Gamespot "Why we are excited about Cyberpunk" type articles soon.

Doktor Best

Arcane

The problem i have with those anonymous comments of former employees is that its basically nontraceable and therefor impossible to valiade. One could easily create such rumors out of thin air (or atleast blow them out of porportion) and thereby damage the reputation of a highly successful company that relies heavily on its good guy image. It would be both a very cheap and effective tactic and i would not think for a second that companies like EA would not sink as low as it would take to do such a thing.

I'm not saying that thats necessarily true, but it leaves me with uncertainty. Same goes for all those #metoo stories.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The problem i have with those anonymous comments of former employees is that its basically nontraceable

This. Plus even if they were real you never know if the working conditions at CD Projekt are really that shitty or people just exaggerate and/or are way too entitled.

For example when the shitstorm with ME Andromeda broke out there were some leaks from former, or even current, employees complaining about conditions at Biowhore. And I distinctly remember one of their more serious complaints was they didn't get their usual hour-long break for lunch. What bitch? I've had 5 or 6 jobs after I left school and only one of them even had any break at all - and only a half hour one at that. It's not exactly a generous time for eating but it's doable. Half-hour breaks are pretty standard in my Yuropoor country. So it's pretty clear some people are just snowflakes. But again, maybe Biowhore IS exploiting employees, you just never know.

And as for the CD Projekt leaks - one of the claims is that the working conditions are unbearable in the studio because there's infighting between managers and team leads. Really? I'm shocked. You mean just like in every other fucking company in the galaxy? It's pretty clear whoever claimed that never had a proper job before. Prolly some young sensitive girl being shocked by the bog standard corporate politics. And again - working conditions at CD Projekt may be genuinely shitty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom