Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Re-Announcement Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Hellraiser

Arcane
I've read on gram.pl today that there is a massive recruitment effort CDP Red now, mostly for the Cracow office it seems. The job ads state that they plan to double and maybe triple the workforce. My guess is late 2018 is the earliest this can realistically come out if they need so much more manpower for the project.

Of key note is that they are looking for two guys tasked with implementing vehicles, one specifically for driving and flight physics.

As long as they don't get stuck in front of a cave entrance like Plotka/Roach sometime did (at least walking away and summoning the thing again got it unstuck easily).

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
I can't wait for the first glimpse at gameplay, they said they won't be talking about it until 2017, so any day now

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
I've read on gram.pl today that there is a massive recruitment effort CDP Red now, mostly for the Cracow office it seems. The job ads state that they plan to double and maybe triple the workforce. My guess is late 2018 is the earliest this can realistically come out if they need so much more manpower for the project.

There is possiblity the game will come late 2017/early 2018 if they double the team force. They have said that CP2077 won't be as big as Witcher 3 in content-wise. It will be more rationalized with content.
According to steam (https://steamcommunity.com/stats/292030/achievements) only 26% (Passed the Trial) finished the game on any difficulty. Only 3% on Death March. That is quite low. I think they will make the game more replayable/shorter. W3 is way too long.

Have fun working 6-7 days 10-12 hours a week for a year straight on a low wage!

If the team is good,friendly and positive, I would do it.

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
Possibly, but under the assumption that all the frameworks are done and all they need is content. Considering that they just got aid for creating a seamless experience/multiplayer and are currently looking for people to build their vehicle mechanics, I would assume that is not the case. Then again the lack of those may not be as much of an issue for timely delivery as I imagine.

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
Well the information is avaiable at their coroporate website - they do seem to look for lots of people from different areas of expertiese.

Is there somewhere a solid list of all the facts known about the game so far? Or should someone complie one like that? ;)

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
I can't wait for the first glimpse at gameplay, they said they won't be talking about it until 2017, so any day now

My prediction:

- teaser at e3 2017 5-10 seconds of some in game cinematic.
- trailer with few seconds of gameplay in 2018
- at start of 2019 game release announcement end of 2019
- due to delay 2020 april release.

Owners of CDPR clearly said that Rockstar/Blizzard type of development is what they are trying to do once they figure out money making which they did with TW3.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
They may be recruiting people for other projects they are working on in parallel to CP2077. I mean, there's no way the production for this game is starting JUST now, so 2018 seems like an attainable target date imo.

Perkel

Arcane
there's no way the production for this game is starting JUST now

Or maybe they had different plans for CB2077 then TW3 hit them with its shitload of money and they realized that if they make CB2077 as TW3 with guns then they can make even more money.

Somehow i doubt they will be making turn based top down rpg with proper conversion of CB ruleset (which was their plan). They might still go for Wasteland 3 like presentation but i completely doubt it after TW3 success.

Remember those guys went nearly bankrupt when they finished TW2 and for TW3 they had to borrow a lot of money and also apparently they were in no so happy place with money.

They earned now money that can give them 2-3 games of size of TW3 and then some but i doubt they will be experimenting and instead they will go for golden chicken.

Morkar Left

Somehow i doubt they will be making turn based top down rpg with proper conversion of CB ruleset (which was their plan).
They already said there will be open world and flying mounts, how you imagine turn based combat in such game?

With the scope they seem to have in mind with all the staff hiring, vehicles etc. I would bet on GTA in a cyberpunk world.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Somehow i doubt they will be making turn based top down rpg with proper conversion of CB ruleset (which was their plan).TW3 success.

Have they ever actually said this or is it wishful thinking? I can't seem to recall it.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
My prediction:

- teaser at e3 2017 5-10 seconds of some in game cinematic.
- trailer with few seconds of gameplay in 2018
- at start of 2019 game release announcement end of 2019
- due to delay 2020 april release.

Owners of CDPR clearly said that Rockstar/Blizzard type of development is what they are trying to do once they figure out money making which they did with TW3.

The game was announced early 2012, meaning CDPR has been working on it at least since 2011. There's no way any profit-oriented studio would be developing a game for almost ten years, no chance. Either they didn't really work on it until a year or two ago or they're gonna release it this year, 2018 at the very max.

I guess we will know when the PR artillery starts, you know the usual articles bringing little tidbits about the game every week or so. I remember with TW3 the bombardment started around winter, the release was late spring. So it's about 3-4 months from the first shot.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
According to steam (https://steamcommunity.com/stats/292030/achievements) only 26% (Passed the Trial) finished the game on any difficulty. Only 3% on Death March. That is quite low. I think they will make the game more replayable/shorter. W3 is way too long.

It took me a little over 60 hours to complete base Witcher 3 , which is a standard RPG length. Maybe it's too long if you have OCD.

Have they ever actually said this or is it wishful thinking? I can't seem to recall it.

Wishful thinking. They said they wanted to be "faithful" to the material, but that has never meant copying it precisely.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Somehow i doubt they will be making turn based top down rpg with proper conversion of CB ruleset (which was their plan).TW3 success.

I have never seen any evidence that CP2077 was meant to be anything but an action-RPG. I believe Perkel claims to have seen it in the Polish gaming media, but I doubt it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
How much of the game have you skipped?

I completed every secondary quest I could find* and all the contracts. I didn't bother with treasure hunts or anything that would have required out-of-the-way exploration to discover.

*Okay, I ignored the hand-to-hand fights and the Gwent stuff as well because I wasn't interested in the slightest.

Gerrard

Arcane
there's no way the production for this game is starting JUST now

Or maybe they had different plans for CB2077 then TW3 hit them with its shitload of money and they realized that if they make CB2077 as TW3 with guns then they can make even more money.

Somehow i doubt they will be making turn based top down rpg with proper conversion of CB ruleset (which was their plan). They might still go for Wasteland 3 like presentation but i completely doubt it after TW3 success.

Remember those guys went nearly bankrupt when they finished TW2 and for TW3 they had to borrow a lot of money and also apparently they were in no so happy place with money.

They earned now money that can give them 2-3 games of size of TW3 and then some but i doubt they will be experimenting and instead they will go for golden chicken.
They never said it would be top down or turn based.

Perkel

Arcane
The game was announced early 2012, meaning CDPR has been working on it at least since 2011.

That is false. They announced they WILL BE working on CB2077. That trailer you saw earlier was released as recruitment video so they can gather talent and start working on it.

All early invterviews pointed out that they want to give CB justice it deserves. They were talking about balancing classes, how to tackle ruleset in game and so on. But that was in 2012-2013. From that point there are no new interviews directly talking about game design or how they will handle game.

They didn't but at the same time they said they want proper CB conversion. Turn based was sarcasm but gist of it is that they picked up IP and they wanted to make their own Baldurs Gate (which with Fallout are studio head favorites). Overall my point is that they wanted at start to make different game to what they seems to try to do now.

Which is why i think they restarted developement and we won't see game for a good while.

Perkel

Arcane
I completed every secondary quest I could find* and all the contracts. I didn't bother with treasure hunts or anything that would have required out-of-the-way exploration to discover.

*Okay, I ignored the hand-to-hand fights and the Gwent stuff as well because I wasn't interested in the slightest.

60h and all of that ? Sorry but i don't believe you. I have like 73 when i finished my first playtrough on hardest def (which wasn't really hard) and i basically skipped almost all sidequests beside first few ones. I didn't literally touch single ard skellig side quest.

I could believe you if you would skip most of cinematics.

As for those fist fights etc. I also found it stupid and i mostly skipped them but then on second playtrough i discovered that they to sometimes provide fun as almost all of them do have something attached to them. They aren't Assasin Creed like fillers. This goes as well for Gwent and horses and shit. They are more elaborate TW2 miniquest which involved tracking down certain people.

For game with all expansion if you don't skip anything i honestly believe we are talking 80 hours without even touching sidequests.

edit:

Actually i can believe you. I remember i didn't use fast travel back then and i switched off all map markers.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The game was announced early 2012, meaning CDPR has been working on it at least since 2011.

That is false. They announced they WILL BE working on CB2077. That trailer you saw earlier was released as recruitment video so they can gather talent and start working on it.

The trailer wasn't a teaser, it was quite detailed in terms of mood, assets, characters, even story. They must've had SOME preproduction done at the time of the announcement, it's not like Iwinski got the idea on 30th May and announced the game on 31th.

edit:
Actually i can believe you. I remember i didn't use fast travel back then and i switched off all map markers.

To complete the game with ALL the sidequests he found in under 60 hours is extremelly fast even with fast travel. He probably didn't explore at all, which is where half of the sidequests is. I suspect skipping the cinematics a lot too. I finished the game in 115 hours with almost everything done, without unnecessary monkeying around.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I didn't skip cinematics, but yeah, I never bothered with aimless exploration. If it's not something you can stumble on doing the critical path, it's not important.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom