Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Damage control on what? For who was in the forum and who was knowing the pen and paper knew the main focus of the game would be Solo Techie Netrunner those are the class that can fit in all ambients... we knew that they could not implement all classes because they have a totally different playstyle and they interact with wide different ambients.. For example a corporate will never ever visit the middle low class and the combat zone.. A corporate move others...

Oh no a different playstyle and a different way to interact with the world! Such a thing could obviously never be programmed into a video game! Not sure how a small dev team like Iron Tower can make a game that features multiple ways to play instead of trying to shoehorn everyone into doing the same thing... Are CDPR fanboys admitting that they actually make popamole linear shit dressed up in an ubishit style open world??

Mercenary, Assassin, Thief those are the class that can fit in all skills.. we knew that they could not implement all classes because they have a totally different playstyle and they interact with wide different skills.. For example a loremaster or merchant will never ever visit the combat zone.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

The fact that i love the IP doesn mean i can't be skeptical or not approve some decision for example i complained when witcher 3 was released because they reduced the preparation before combat to Temp buffs with potions... But the examples you are providing manifest your ignorance about the pen and paper.. Those classes was chosen because they are the one that can fit in all ambients and are the most versatile ones in all situations keep in mind they wanted to show nightcity they want people to explore it and that decision was take because other classes frequent only specific ambients..

Like i said before: You won't see a corporate with the low class or directly involved in a situation some classes are more movers than others... I said Corporate but Fixers,Cops,Rockerboy are classes that usually are very specific on what they do and that would clash a lot with exploration to start with.

This is not D&D where doesn matter the class all adventurers go in dungeons. They already told there will be multiple way to handle a situation this was also shown at the closed demo and also again mentioned that they are aiming not only on a RPG but an Immersive sim.

Of course in some elements i am still skeptical some decisions i don't agree with but since Mike is involved maybe those could be solved once we know more...

Solo are: Hired muscles..
Techie are: Doctors but also enginners.
Netrunner are: The ones that use the net to gain advantage the masters of the virtual world.

Those are the 3 roles that can easily fit in ambients even the upper ones..

Solo,Techie and Netrunner could be hired from corporations so they simply are not cut off by a large part of the game.

Now is possible in future we will see other classes adventures in the form of free DLC who knows?

Remember bloodlines? of course you do..

THe playable clan were the ones that had tied in the Camarilla... Or the anarchs... You could not be a Lasombra you could not be a Tzimisce but se in the end it all boils down on the storyline and using the 3 classed mentioned were the best solution to make players know about all the aspect of night city.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I don't know anything about the IP, but if this succeeds and they keep the license, who's to say? This one just needs to release, its their first entry. If its a gud gaym, there'll be time for doing other classes and gameplay modes justice.

Quillon

Arcane
https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/2...railer-frame-by-frame-ep10-night-city-and-you

Cyberpunk 2077 E3 2018 Trailer Frame by Frame EP10 - Night City and you
vlcsnap-2018-07-10-10h30m10s967.png

For most, despite pervasive violence and poverty, leaving Night City is not an option. Everyone is a lone wanderer in their own right and Night City presents an undying hope for fame and success where failure is the ultimate fear. Self-preservation and self-promotion—not money—are the driving forces behind societal advancement. In order to be someone, you have to be more than yourself. To become immortal, you have to become a brand, an ideal

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Damage control on what? For who was in the forum and who was knowing the pen and paper knew the main focus of the game would be Solo Techie Netrunner those are the class that can fit in all ambients... we knew that they could not implement all classes because they have a totally different playstyle and they interact with wide different ambients.. For example a corporate will never ever visit the middle low class and the combat zone.. A corporate move others...

How about a quest where a corporate likes to suck cock of the ghetto inhabitants?
You lack immagination, like all the cd projekt fanbois.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane

How about a quest where a corporate likes to suck cock of the ghetto inhabitants?

Having your mind in the gutter is hardly a feat of "imagination".

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik

are you for real or you're just as stupid?
want me to enumerate all the great artists of the last half millennia who had "mind in the gutter", you holier-than-thou stiff neck bitch!?

Last edited:

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

are you for real or you're just as stupid?
want me to enumerate all the great artists of the last half millennia who had "mind in the gutter", you holier-than-thou stiff neck bitch!?

A corporate doesn't need to visit a ghetto to fulfill his fantasy.. His wallet is like the genie lamp as long it don't get caught and others can't use embarassing data to blackmail him, also is the corporation that evicted many people criminals and low life forming the Combat Zone (a zone of the city where not even the cops goes) a corporate dwelling there could end in two manners..

Being taken captive and used to earn a nice ransom.
Being just killed.

It is clear to me this wacky posts are done from people that are ignorant in the setting. Take the cyberpunk 2020 manual and inform yourselfe before talking nonsense.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Some magazine scans from the past few weeks:

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Yes, no idea who buys them though. I don't want print to go out entirely, but in the case of most games 'journalism' I wouldn't care if they do.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
A corporate doesn't need to visit a ghetto to fulfill his fantasy.. His wallet is like the genie lamp as long it don't get caught and others can't use embarassing data to blackmail him

A dumb ass on the internet would actually believe that money is a genie lamp and actively sucking cock is a fantasy when in fact someone with such type of neurotic sexual deviation could/would in fact bear an unconscious desire to destroy the ego in an attempt to pursue catharsis, which in nearly all the cases depicted in psychoanalytic literature, takes place in a totally uncontrolled environment (*hence trip to the ghetto).

But because in neurotic cases the id is only partially suppressed by the ego due to adherence to reality, the ego employs defense mechanisms when the id behavior clashes with taboos and society's morals OR the individual's desired outcome due to internalization of these norms.
Thus the individual is caught in an endless harmful behavioral loop.

And this is just one viable case scenario I can think of of the top of my head to underline your bazaar grade rebuttal.
For your sorry ass, sucking cock in the ghetto implies just that.
... I hope whomever makes quest design at your favorite game studio you're defending in a moronic manner, doesn't take any tips from you! :)

a corporate dwelling there could end in two manners..

You've played too many shit games where all the dwellers of a game area automatically know who your game character is and know all the crimes you've done.
It begins to alter your grip on clearly perceiving reality/good game design.

Your pathetic logic exercise is more frail in a setting where altering one's appearance for concealment is easily available for someone with money.

It is clear to me this wacky posts are done from people that are ignorant in the setting.
It is clear to me that you're just another schmuck that takes everything at face value and takes 2020 rulebook and himself way too seriously.

Last edited:

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

A corporate doesn't need to visit a ghetto to fulfill his fantasy.. His wallet is like the genie lamp as long it don't get caught and others can't use embarassing data to blackmail him

A dumb ass on the internet would actually believe that money is a genie lamp and actively sucking cock is a fantasy when in fact someone with such type of neurotic sexual deviation could/would in fact bear an unconscious desire to destroy the ego in an attempt to pursue catharsis, which in nearly all the cases depicted in psychoanalytic literature, tasks place in a totally uncontrolled environment (*hence trip to the ghetto).

But because in neurotic cases the id is only partially suppressed by the ego due to adherence to reality, the ego employs defense mechanisms when the id behavior clashes with taboos and society's morals OR the individual's desired outcome due to internalization of these norms.
Thus the individual is caught in an endless harmful behavioral loop.

And this is just one viable case scenario I can think of of the top of my head to underline your bazaar grade rebuttal.
For your sorry ass, sucking cock in the ghetto implies just that.
... I hope whomever makes quest design at your favorite game studio you're defending in a moronic manner, doesn't take any tips from you! :)

a corporate dwelling there could end in two manners..

You've played too many shit games where all the dwellers of a game area automatically know who your game character is and know all the crimes you've done.
It begins to alter your grip on clearly perceiving reality/good game design.

Your pathetic logic exercise is more frail in a setting where altering one's appearance for concealment is easily available for someone with money.

It is clear to me this wacky posts are done from people that are ignorant in the setting.
It is clear to me that you're just another schmuck that takes everything at face value and takes 2020 rulebook and himself way too seriously.

Ah then you are one of those players... "Let's rape the setting in order to be a special snowflake"..
One of those players that always end to be trown out from the campaign right? :D

How you appear is a key core of the cyberpunk element life of a corporate is not sunshine and beauty when you have constantly to watch your back from the people under you and on top of you..

For the people on top you will be something that can easily be sacrificed for profit. For the people under you is the same you are the one that keep the spot they wanted.

There is a vast different difference between being an underling and being one of the top.

Maybe in the lower city nobody gives a fuck who you are and your deviation but a corporate must mantain his face clean in the eyes of the public.

There is nothing like a sweet juicy scandal to allow you to blackmail or even get rid from the corporate on top of you.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
For the people on top you will be something that can easily be sacrificed for profit. For the people under you is the same you are the one that keep the spot they wanted.

but a corporate must mantain his face clean in the eyes of the public.

What the fuck that has to do with anything in the context of the subject of the discussion - whether is believable or not a corporate boss (of whatever) may or may not suck random cock in the ghetto.
I've just made an exposition where I've presented a viable psychoanalytic semi-case study that would explain such behavior on the part a person, because disorders don't care about social status, you dimwit!
Also you think someone with such neurotic behavior searching for catharsis because of a traumatic past would boast about it in high circles instead being a close kept secret?

Interacting with you is pigeon chess galore.

Last edited:

Zer0wing

Cipher
https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/2...2018-trailer-frame-by-frame-ep11-corporations

Cyberpunk 2077 E3 2018 Trailer Frame by Frame EP11 - Corporations

vlcsnap-2018-07-10-10h30m54s694.png

"Night City is a global center for megacorporation operations and home to regional branches of corporate giants such as Arasaka and Militech. In Night City, Arasaka specializes in protective services and the distribution of their Japanese-made products throughout North America. Over the years, it has developed a dark reputation as a corporation that is to be feared and one which covers its tracks using cyberassassins, an army of lawyers as well an alleged connection to the yakuza. Militech, on the other hand, is an arms dealer based out of the eastern US. Working closely with police and military forces, it has substantially contributed to civilian security systems. It’s a powerhouse manufacturer of high-grade military technology — from simple firearms to heavily armored combat vehicles.

Night City is home to many shops, restaurants, and decor that draw inspiration from Japanese, Chinese, Filipino, and Indian culture, among others. These include Kiroshi Optics, Kabayan Foods, Fuyutsuki Electronics, and Masala Studios as well as maneki-neko figurines and tengu imagery that enrich the world."

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom