Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
What are they going to do, arrest her for smoking?

mewt

Novice
The "gameplay" footage looked dogshit and scripted. I'm waiting for real gameplay so I can decide if this game will even be good. Don't buy into hype of any video game. It just leaves you disappointed later on.

Sykar

Arcane
You try too hard newfag.
Too hard? Newfag?
Oh, my. I wasn't aware children roamed these sites.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 4 mediante Tapatalk
The "gameplay" footage looked dogshit and scripted. I'm waiting for real gameplay so I can decide if this game will even be good. Don't buy into hype of any video game. It just leaves you disappointed later on.

I_cf03f1_2599989.jpg

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
BTW if you're playing a male character, you'll be gay and have buttsex with the latino guy.

its probably they dont have time to implement minor c&c. You most likely can choose who to bang there. They had a public demo, and do a simple character swap instead of fully implementing teh male/female char difference for private demo aimed for media.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2077/cyberpunk-2077-tabletop-release

Cyberpunk’s original creator says a 2077 tabletop game is “likely”
Cyberpunk-2077-map-580x334.jpg

Mike Pondsmith, creator of the original Cyberpunk 2020 pen & paper RPG, has hinted that there might be a new tabletop release to tie in with Cyberpunk 2077.

CD Projekt Red’s game is directly based on Pondsmith’s legendary dark noir, cyberpunk tabletop RPG series and the game designer is currently working with the studio to help with the world building and development of the game. The series has been through three iterations, Cyberpunk 2013, Cyberpunk 2020 and now Cyberpunk 2077 being next in line.

At PAX West, Pondsmith was asked by an audience member if there will be a pen and paper RPG that takes place in the Cyberpunk 2077 universe to which he replied with, “No comment. But probably, likely.”

Whether this new pen & paper adaptation will materialise is still unconfirmed, but considering we still don’t know the videogame’s release date it could be a while until it even gets an official announcement.

If you wanted to know more about the Cyberpunk tabletop game, here is a list of the Cyberpunk classes that will make the jump to the videogame.

Pondsmith has turned down many offers to make videogame adaptationsfrom his Cyberpunk universe over the years but agreed to work with CD Projekt Red because they “knew the material and they loved the material as fans”. Pondsmith got along well with Projekt Red and said that the studio, “liked it, loved it, had lived it”.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can you stealth romance though?

On a more serious note, I think stealth will be contextual. Like you can take out one or two guys silently with a nice little animation. I don't think we will be getting Deus Ex here.

Mazisky

Magister
Lot of buildings with explorable floors? I think this is the first time i see an openworld doing that.

It's probably been brought up 100x in this thread, but I have zero problem with the 1st person perspective in the gameplay footage released thus far.

Seriously, is there a real reason to be bitching about this this type of perspective?

It's arguably the best perspective for Action-RPG's.

Isometric is my personal favorite for Tactical-RPG's.

Ruchy

Scholar
Bending bullets. Is that what they're calling autolock?
I believe he is talking about the bullet ricochet that was shown in the demo.
Auto hit guns are a cancer to FPS... unless we are talking about that spiky bastard in the original halo.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
It's probably been brought up 100x in this thread, but I have zero problem with the 1st person perspective in the gameplay footage released thus far.

Seriously, is there a real reason to be bitching about this this type of perspective?

You are no supposed to say that. You will trigger the spergs who think good rpgs are just excel sheets with the rare texture here and there.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

One argument against it, is that you never see your character and this looks like a loot-driven game. You collect all these cool jackets and other junk, but never actually see it on your character. They don't even have third-person cutscenes like other games. It looks like you have to use photo mode to see how you look in the world. I personally don't care that much. I'm just afraid it will feel like a "fake" FPS since it has all these stat based things and level on bandits a la Borderlands.

Depends on the situation. Do think 1st person would be good in a game like Severance or Nioh?

Do you mean Severance: Blade of Darkness?

If so, I would say yes... It worked great in Dark Messiah of Might & Magic.

Also, STALKER and Arx Fatalis are two additional games that 1st person perspective worked great in (the former being a FPS with RPG-like elements).

curry

Arcane

The bitching about 1st person perspective comes from all the Witcher fangays who are hoping that Cyberpunk 2077 is a cyberpunk Witcher game.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Deus ex the first was good... But the two modern ones are just shooters with lite roleplay elements.. I was skeptical about the first person as well in the end i am not so obsessed to see my hands all the time handling things like many First Person lovers do... Get a woman and your love for first person will fade.(yes it was a deliberate tease for trolling)

I always disliked emo-Jensed.. I never asked for this...

Fuck off whiny idiot i am playing a cyberpunk game dress this fucking implants and shot the fuck up!

But the first person Cyberpunk 2077 is almost prospectively correct and that is good.. You are not a chest with a camera stuck on it... Problem is i saw a lot of shooting but too less dialogues choices and not so many roleplay elements but most likely is an alpha.

The main concern is the first person only would make customization pointless in cyberpunk that as a setting how you look cool doing stuff is one of the first core rules. I mean is a game that according to cd projekt red has ton of customization not only talking about stat and skill or guns but also cosmetics one.. Of course a first person only is a really odd weird choice in that.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom