Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Caves of Qud (ROGUELIKE)

buffalo bill

Arcane
New cybernetics are awesome, finally true kin is interesting to play with.

PrettyDeadman

Starting cybernetics are kinda lame (compared to mutations, which are better at level 1 AND scale into late game), and the only one I've found were also underwhelming (gave you random cheap skill).
Was it just bad luck?

buffalo bill

Arcane
I've found cool ones out in the desert, and cybernetic credits in sultan shrines. There's a foot one that gives +100 move speed--pretty excellent. I suspect there are a lot better ones deeper underground.

PrettyDeadman

The only build I had success with is minotaur type of guy, with horns, axes, freezing hands and sleeping gas (the last two is the reason build has any success at all).
I should probably learn how to play the game better (without overpowered abilities) if I want to become a proper nook.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was a bit disappointed with some of the abilities.
Maxed out turtle shell, but later on even when you recede to the shell enemies just tear you to pieces.

Armor in general seems to be entirely worthless. With the shell I easily had 3x as much armor as the best armor you can find - and still, got killed in the classical way (getting swarmed). Maybe it took 2-3 turns more due to the shell, though ;)

Lesson learned: Max your killing power, maybe speed, forget about defense.
Which is a shame, really. I'd have preferred if tanky builds were also a possibility for more than just early-mid game.

buffalo bill

Arcane
Maxed out turtle shell, but later on even when you recede to the shell enemies just tear you to pieces.

Armor in general seems to be entirely worthless. With the shell I easily had 3x as much armor as the best armor you can find - and still, got killed in the classical way (getting swarmed). Maybe it took 2-3 turns more due to the shell, though ;)

Which is a shame, really. I'd have preferred if tanky builds were also a possibility for more than just early-mid game.
What were the enemies and what was your AV? I've become relatively unkillable with high AV in the past.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

What were the enemies and what was your AV? I've become relatively unkillable with high AV in the past.
Can't remember, really. But the shell was maxed AND I was hiding inside for double effect.
I doubt there are ways to increase AV much further than that ;)

Normal enemies were not a problem. I think it was some "boss" monster that spawned a ton of minions, and those just swarmed me so that I couldn't even move anymore.
So I "retreated" into my shell (enabling regeneration before that), but still... dead character.

So it is not like the shell was entirely useless. Normal enemies barely scratched me.
But if it doesn't help against a boss, it's useless in my book, because the tough fights are where your abilities need to shine, not the filler stuff.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
WTF you dosn't discuus it in pinned thread?

Also, CoQ isn't a game about balance and battles, it is more about storytelling, so everything else it is lacking.

I remember some kind of slime, livig slime, that killed my 100 hp in one hit, it was at Eartheater main building.

My buil of choice is Agi-based type, builds that rely on single stat for economy and effectivenes.
So, starting implant is NV for its one-shots prevention - I remember I met piramide in underground under Joppa, which two-three-shotte me from the darkness, because I never met it before and didn't know those barrage of fire is from it.

buffalo bill

Arcane
Friday's update:
  • We added our first batch of achievements, 30 in total. Expect many more as development continues.
    • The Laws of Physics Are Mere Suggestions, Vol. 1
      • Violate the Pauli exclusion principle.
    • Eat an Entire Bear
      • Kill a bear and eat it. Just eat an entire bear.
    • To Thine Own Self Be True
      • Wear your own severed face on your face.
    • Friend to Fungi
      • Host three different fungal infections at once.
    • Goat Simulator
      • Project your mind into a goat's body.
    • The Spirit of Vengeance
      • Recover the Ruin of House Isner.
    • Knight Conical
      • Recover Stopsvalinn.
    • Love at First Sign
      • Fall in love with a sign.
    • Pyramid Scheme
      • Kill a chrome pyramid.
    • Dark Tidings
      • Foresee your own death.
    • Love Thyself
      • Fall in love with yourself.
    • A Bond Knit with Trust
      • Become loved by a faction.
    • The Woe of Joppa
      • Become hated by the villagers of Joppa.
    • Peekaboo
      • Become loved by newly sentient beings.
    • Jawsnapper
      • Kill 100 snapjaws.
    • Starry Demise
      • Be crushed under the weight of a thousand suns.
    • Quiet This Metal
      • Speak to the alchemist.
    • Your Thirst Is Mine, My Water Is Yours
      • Perform the introductory water ritual 100 times.
    • Proteus
      • Have 10 mutations.
    • Welcome to Qud
      • ???
    • On the Rocks
      • ???
    • Your Better Half
      • ???
    • You Are Becoming
      • ???
    • You Became
      • ???
    • Say No More
      • ???
    • Metal Pedal
      • ???
    • You Are What You Eat
      • ???
    • Shoot.
      • ???
    • Litteratus
      • ???
    • So Powerful is the Charm of Words
      • ???
    • If you helped us test the achievements, you can wish for "clearach!!!" to clear your achievement progress.
  • You can fall in love with signs again.
  • Moved userprefs.json from the game data directory to the save directory.

Sort of a bummer update to me, since I don't really give a damn about achievements. They do look pretty, though. Apparently the last two major mechanical expansions are on the way in the near future, and the devs say that after that all work will be on new content (locations, NPCs, quests, creatures, and hopefully dialogue and C&C).

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Apparently the last two major mechanical expansions are on the way in the near future, and the devs say that after that all work will be on new content

I have a small feeling it won't be quite that simple since the developers will get new ideas.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
http://steamcommunity.com/games/333640/announcements/detail/2922136221151619257

Schedule for November Patches: UPDATE
17 NOVEMBER - PTYCHOMANCER
Hello friends,

We have an update about our upcoming patch schedule. We're in the midst of implementing our cooking design. It's a strange, new system that—in a very Qud-like way—combines material that's both handwritten and procedurally generated. Part of the design is a novel system for procedurally generating recipes and status effects. We like where it's going, but we don't quite feel that it meets our standards just yet. Rather than rush it out the door, we're going to take a bit more time to bang on it & get it to a place we're happy with.

So instead of posting the cooking patch next Wednesday, we're going to post a normal patch early next week, probably Tuesday, and keep working on cooking. We'll release it after the holiday, sometime in early December. We may also release a small patch or two in the intervening time.

Thank you, community, for continuing to live & drink (and soon, eat) in Qud.

buffalo bill

Arcane
"Friday" update:
  • Added an Active Effects screen for viewing the details of your active status effects or the effects of other creatures or objects.
    • Renamed 'Status' screen to the more appropriate 'Character Sheet'.
    • To access your active effects, either navigate to 'active effects' on your Character Sheet, or bind the 'Open Active Effects' command in the Keybindings menu.
    • To access the active effects of another creature or object, hit 'e' while looking at it.
    • Added descriptions for all 100+ status effects.
    • Changed the name of the 'spectacles' effect to 'corrected vision'.
    • Changed the name of the poison gas effect to 'poisoned by gas'.
    • Changed the name of the stun gas effect to 'stunned by gas'.
  • We made some changes to the turn costs of managing your inventory.
    • Equipping an item in your thrown slot no longer costs a turn.
    • Automatically unequipping an item when you equip another item no longer costs an extra turn.
    • Splitting a stack of items into multiple stacks no longer costs a turn.
  • Removed snailmothers from the list of possible fungal infection cure ingredients.
  • Added an entry for Mumble Mouth to the Corpus Choliys.
  • Installed cybernetic implants that occupy an equipment slot no longer add to your encumbrance.
  • Molting basilisks now properly inject a stony poison when they bite.
  • The full message log viewer now uses the much better book UI.
  • Energy cells can now be recharged directly from the cell's action menu.
  • Baetyls no longer ask for objects you can't pick up.
  • When you uninstall the optical bioscanner, optical technoscanner, or huge hands implants, you no longer retain their effects.
  • You no longer attack yourself when you try to sleep in a bedroll that's in the same space as you are.
  • Fixed a bug that caused slender and willowy nylon backpacks not to have their weights reduced.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the player to gain reputation when an NPC equipped an item with a reputation-granting item mod.
  • Fixed autoexplore attempting to pick up objects embedded in walls.
  • Fixed an issue that caused various bonuses to be improperly applied twice during character creation when replaying your last character. These improper characters would also generate invalid character codes.
  • Fixed an issue that caused certain subtype attributes, like increased heat resistance, to not be applied to characters created via the build library.
  • Fixed an issue causing outdated true kin character codes to crash the game.
  • Fixed an issue that caused a clone of Otho to be created when it shouldn't have been.
  • Fixed an issue with achievements that prevented books from being read.
  • NPCs with multiple cybernetic implants installed now only have their names modified with the 'implanted' adjective once.
  • Fixed an issue that caused all merchants to improperly be able to recharge cells, instead of only those with the ability to.
  • Fixed a rare exception that occurred when objects with energy cell sockets were generated.
  • Fixed a rare issue that caused a 'too many heap sections' error while building jungle maps.
  • Fixed an issue causing zones to stay active in memory longer than intended.
  • Fixed an issue causing ocassional heap allocation errors during game saves.
  • Rusted Archway no longer incorrectly fills a full 3x3 world map title.
  • Lowered the amount of memory that must be in use before an out-of-memory warning is displayed.
  • [modding] Made the 'Dormant' class public.
  • [modding] Fixed an issue where .RPM files that weren't mods to existing RPM files would fail to load.

From the steam discussion the dev has said that mouse-driven interface will become default on release, which will be sort of like Brogue (I take it). A bit of a decline, I'd say.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Reapa, what has caused the negative reaction to start simmering in your brain?
come again?
i take it you're talking about my reaction to the cooking crap.
i don't see the point of implementing crafting right now or at all.
i get the feeling some roguelike devs just don't ever want to leave the "work in progress" stage.
same thing is happening with oxygen not included. they keep implementing new crap while there are still lots of bugs and crappy mechanics that would need to be addressed first.
cogmind was released as early access as well iirc.
shit like this can lead to getting fed up with working on the same game for too long and just abandoning it in an unfinished state. wouldn't be the first time.

Last edited:

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
From the steam discussion the dev has said that mouse-driven interface will become default on release, which will be sort of like Brogue (I take it). A bit of a decline, I'd say.

From the roadmap on their website

• For a roguelike, our user interface is robust. But we’d like to bring Caves of Qud into the modern era of good RPG interface design. That’ll include full mouse and gamepad support, hotkeys for abilities, a paper doll equipment screen, and much more. The traditional UI will remain available too.

buffalo bill

Arcane
We're putting the cooking patch up on the beta branch. If you'd like to help us test it, right-click on Caves of Qud in Steam, select Properties, click the Betas tab, and switch to the 'beta' branch. Please leave your feedback here!

If you'd rather wait for the full patch release, we understand. It's coming with more recipes, more ingredients, more polish, and more of the kinks ironed out, in a couple weeks.

• Hunger has completely changed.
    • After a day without eating, you become hungry (no penalty). After another day without eating, you become famished (-10 Quickness). Thirst is unchanged.
    • The primary way to sate hunger now is to cook at a campfire. You can interact with campfires with the use key.
    • As long as you aren't in combat, you can make camp (see your abilities screen). This starts a campfire.
    • As long as you aren't in combat, you can whip up a basic meal at a campfire. This costs no resources and sates your hunger, even if you're famished.
    • Occasionally, the meal you whip up is especially tasty and grants you a small bonus for the rest of the day.
    • If you have special ingredients in your inventory, you'll occasionally use them when whipping up a meal. They grant dynamically-generated effects.
    • You can eat up to three times before you are too full to eat, but only the first meal has the chance to be tasty. This three-meal cap is relevant for the Cooking and Gathering skill, described below.
    • You can still eat food out of your inventory to supplement campfire cooking.
      • Most foods are now snacks, which sate a few hours of hunger.
      • Corpses count as full meals, but you can no longer bring yourself to eat them unless you're famished.
      • If you eat corpses or raw meat, your hunger is sated, but you become ill for 12 hours.
      • We removed auto-eat.
      • Fresh food spoilage is coming soon.
    • Hunger status is ignored while traveling on the world map, as we assume you're cooking meals along the way.
    • However, if you travel more than one world map tile, you'll be hungry when you come back down to a local map.
    • We adjusted food quantities throughout the world to account for the new hunger system.
  • We added Cooking and Gathering, a skill that lets you do more sophisticated cooking.
    • If you have Cooking and Gathering, you get three new options in the campfire menu: cook with ingredients, cook from a recipe, and preserve fresh foods. We'll list the details in the patch notes when we launch the full patch. Until then, if you're interested, go try them out!
    • You can learn cooking from the Kyakukyans.
    • Cooking a meal with ingredients bestows a dynamically-generated effect for the rest of the day.
    • Cooking a meal from a recipe bestows a particular effect.
    • We added a whole bunch of cooking ingredients. In general, you create them by harvesting and butchering food, then preserving it at a campfire.
    • We added a kipper tent to the southeast corner of the Stiltgrounds. He sells some preserved cooking ingredients. We'll likely change his inventory before the full patch is released.
    • You can share recipes during the water ritual.
    • Share water with Mehmet or Elder Irudad to learn Joppa's favorite dish, apple matz.
    • We simplified Harvestry and Butchery. They're now each a single power under the Cooking and Gathering tree.
      • Harvest Plants is now a toggleable passive power like Butcher Corpses.
      • Plants, meat, and organs you harvest and butcher can now be preserved at campfires and turned into cooking ingredients.
      • We adjusted all the harvestable and butcherable item frequencies to account for these changes.
      • Ripe plants now appear as a different color than their non-ripe counterparts.
      • We added some new harvestable and butcherable items.
    • We tweaked the caste and subtype starting skills to account for new cooking, harvestry, and butchery.
  • Energy cells of the same charge level now stack in your inventory.
  • Fixed a bug with bleeding resist.

buffalo bill

Arcane
Cooking and Hunger Rework Beta Patch 2
DECEMBER 15 - ALPHABEARD
  • Ripe plants now appear on the alt overlay if you have the Harvestry skill.
  • Torch sconces no longer function as campfires.
  • Vinewafers and vinewafer sheaves are now worth much less.
  • Dreadroot tubers are now harvestable less often.
  • Dreadroot is no longer destroyed when its tubers are harvested.
  • Changed dreadroot's unripe glyph color.
  • Qudzu stems are no longer considered corpses.
  • Reduced the frequency of chitinous puma corpse drops.
  • Added an option for auto-drink threshold.
  • Updated the following UIs: turret selection, mine selection, recharge cell selection, book depositing, cell replacement, and pick-one-item quest reward selection.
  • The textbox for most of the game's option dialog menus now properly resizes to account for long titles.
  • Added a Saves subfolder to the Cave's of Qud's AppData folder. Saved games are now stored there.
  • Fixed the missing meal descriptions when you whip up a meal in Grit Gate.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the 'whip up a meal' option to occasionally be displayed twice in the campfire menu.
  • Fixed an issue with smart use when two campfires were adjacent to each other.
  • Fixed an issue where cooking ingredients that were in different item stacks could be cooked together even if they shared the same ingredient types.
  • Fixed an issue where whole stacks of cooking ingredients were occasionally consumed when cooking a meal.
  • Fixed an issue where energy cells didn't properly unstack when loading one of them into a cell slot.
  • Fixed an issue where slotted cells occasionally appeared duplicated in your inventory.
  • [modding] The ReloadSound tag now works with items that use energy cells. The sound plays when the cell is reloaded.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
The point is that right now, food consumption is way too easy. As soon as you get butchering (and every player who doesn't play for the first time always picks that first) and harvesting, you will never starve.
At least if you don't do some silly shit like running around in the desert forever.
There are some minor inconveniences about food if you take that negative mutation that requires you to eat twice as much - or if you catch glotrot and eating potentially makes you bleed (THAT is actually dangerous).

If it weren't for those oddities, I'd actually suggest removing the need to eat completely, because it adds nothing to the gameplay otherwise.
I suppose cooking adds some more depth and involvement here. Or, at least I hope so.

Last edited:

Reapa

Doom Preacher
The point is that right now, food consumption is way too easy. As soon as you get butchering (and every player who doesn't play for the first time always picks that first) and harvesting, you will never starve.
At least if you don't do some silly shit like running around in the desert forever.
There are some minor inconveniences about food if you take that negative mutation that requires you to eat twice as much - or if you catch glotrot and eating potentially makes you bleed (THAT is actually dangerous).

If it weren't for those oddities, I'd actually suggest removing the need to eat completely, because it adds nothing to the gameplay otherwise.
I suppose cooking adds some more depth and involvement here. Or, at least I hope so.
and if you go deep enough underground you find lava and break the economy.
my point about crafting still stands. it feels like a lazy way to keep working on the game but not doing anything of value. like so much needed content (dialogues and quests) for such a huge world.
they went with a quest driven game and basically only added a main quest. secondary quests are so few you can count them on one hand. the fuck do i need crafting for at this stage???
you are right about how easy it is to find food but you make a very weird argument. how is crafting even more food gonna balance it???
they're gonna throw even more food at us and then have to redo the skills and possibly the food consumption mechanics and waste a few more years balancing one single fucking aspect of the game.

buffalo bill

Arcane

and if you go deep enough underground you find lava and break the economy.
my point about crafting still stands. it feels like a lazy way to keep working on the game but not doing anything of value. like so much needed content (dialogues and quests) for such a huge world.
they went with a quest driven game and basically only added a main quest. secondary quests are so few you can count them on one hand. the fuck do i need crafting for at this stage???
you are right about how easy it is to find food but you make a very weird argument. how is crafting even more food gonna balance it???
they're gonna throw even more food at us and then have to redo the skills and possibly the food consumption mechanics and waste a few more years balancing one single fucking aspect of the game.
Totally agree, the game needs content at this point and not new mechanics that will require more balancing, especially a pretty superfluous-seeming system like food crafting for temporary buffs. But I have to point out that they did add new food-based skills for the new food system.

buffalo bill

Arcane
The Cooking and Hunger Rework Feature Arc
December 22 - AlphaBeard
Roguelikes have a tradition of using survival mechanics like hunger and thirst to egg the player onward. The cultural importance of water in Qud makes thirst an interesting mechanic, but our previous hunger mechanic didn't quite meet our standards. We redesigned the hunger system and added a procedurally-driven cooking system. Our goal is to evoke the unique cultural role food plays in civilization and how that role is manifested in the strange and biodiverse world of Qud.

• Hunger has completely changed.
    • After a day without eating, you become hungry (no penalty). After another day without eating, you become famished (-10 Quickness). Thirst is unchanged.
    • The primary way to sate hunger now is to cook at a campfire. You can interact with campfires with the use key.
    • As long as you aren't in combat, you can make camp (see your abilities screen). This starts a campfire.
    • As long as you aren't in combat, you can whip up a basic meal at a campfire. This costs no resources and sates your hunger, even if you're famished.
    • Occasionally, the meal you whip up is especially tasty and grants you a small bonus for the rest of the day.
    • If you have special ingredients in your inventory, you'll occasionally use them when whipping up a meal. They grant dynamically-generated effects.
    • You can eat up to three times before you are too full to eat, but only the first meal has the chance to be tasty. This three-meal cap is relevant for the Cooking and Gathering skill, described below.
    • You can still eat food out of your inventory to supplement campfire cooking.
      • Most foods are now snacks, which sate a few hours of hunger.
      • Corpses count as full meals, but you can no longer bring yourself to eat them unless you're famished (or a carnivore...).
      • If you eat corpses or raw meat, your hunger is sated, but you become ill for 12 hours.
      • We removed auto-eat.
      • Fresh food spoilage is coming later.
    • Hunger status is ignored while traveling on the world map, as we assume you're cooking meals along the way.
    • However, if you travel more than one world map tile, you'll be hungry when you come back down to a local map.
    • Traveling overland is a bit more difficult now; lost rates have increased.
    • Crossing the salt desert on the overland map takes much longer now in game time (and water consumption).
    • We adjusted food quantities throughout the world to account for the new hunger system.
  • We added Cooking and Gathering, a skill that lets you do more sophisticated cooking.
    • You can learn Cooking and Gathering from the Kyakukyans.
    • If you have Cooking and Gathering, you get three new options in the campfire menu: cook with ingredients, cook from a recipe, and preserve fresh foods.
    • Cook with ingredients:
      • Cooking a meal with ingredients bestows a dynamically-generated effect for the rest of the day.
      • You can cook with up to two ingredients (three if you have the Spicer skill power).
    • Cook from a recipe:
      • We added handwritten recipes and procedurally-generated recipes.
      • We added procedurally-generated cookbooks with procedurally-generated recipes.
      • Cooking a meal from a recipe bestows a particular effect. You learn recipes from cookbooks or by performing the water ritual with NPCs.
      • You can share recipes during the water ritual.
      • Each village has a signature dish that its residents are willing to share in the water ritual. For example, share water with Mehmet or Elder Irudad to learn to cook Apple Matz.
    • Preserve fresh foods:
      • We added a whole bunch of cooking ingredients, with tiles and descriptions. In general, you create them by harvesting and butchering food, then preserving it at a campfire.
      • We converted some existing foods and liquids into cooking ingredients. Some foods can be cooked fresh. (limbs? heads? faces?)
      • We added kippers to the Stiltgrounds who sell preserved cooking ingredients. There's always a kipper tent in the southeast corner of the Stiltgrounds.
      • We changed the sign used for Stiltgrounds honey merchants (it's a bee now) and made the old one (a bottle) the sign for kippers.
    • The final Cooking and Gathering skill power is Carbide Chef.
      • With Carbide Chef, whenever you gain a level or 5% of the time you explore a new map, you become inspired to cook a meal (lasts for two days). While inspired, the next time you cook a meal by choosing ingredients, you get a choice of three dynamically-generated effects to apply. You create a recipe for the chosen effect.
  • Each village has an oven where you can cook food or eat its signature dish for free.
  • We simplified Harvestry and Butchery. They're now each a single power under the Cooking and Gathering tree.
    • Harvest Plants is now a toggleable passive power like Butcher Corpses.
    • Plants, meat, and organs you harvest and butcher can now be preserved at campfires and turned into cooking ingredients.
    • We adjusted all the harvestable and butcherable item frequencies to account for these changes.
    • You'll occasionally harvest or butcher items that previously required the Master skills at a low rate.
    • Ripe plants now appear as a different color than their non-ripe counterparts.
    • Ripe plants now appear on the alt overlay if you have the Harvestry skill.
    • We added some new harvestable and butcherable items.
  • Added a new 1-point mutation: Carnivorous.
    • Carnivores can eat raw meat without getting sick.
    • Carnivores don't need to be famished to eat meat.
    • Raw meat and meals cooked with meat are especially tasty to carnivores (increased chance for small bonus).
    • Carnivores get no satiation from non-meat foods and may get ill from eating them.
    • Carnivores can't cook with plant ingredients.
  • Here's a list of other cooking and hunger-related changes we made.
    • Removed the Ravenous defect.
    • Updated the Fasting Way and Mind over Body skill powers to work with the new hunger system.
    • Reduced the cost of Fasting Way, Conatus, and Mind over Body.
    • We tweaked the caste and subtype starting skills to account for new cooking, harvestry, and butchery.
    • Added a bunch of detail to the Wayfaring skill power descriptions.
    • Made harvestable witchwood rarer.
    • Added an option for auto-drink threshold.
    • Gave Svenlainard some preserved cooking ingredients.
    • Updated dreadroots' tile and harvest properties.
    • Updated the following UIs: turret selection, mine selection, recharge cell selection, book depositing, cell replacement, and pick-one-item quest reward selection.
  • Like with all our other systems, we'll be expanding this one as time goes on by adding new ingredients, recipes, and effects!
  • Apostles now start with Tactful.
  • Energy cells of the same charge level now stack in your inventory.
  • Fixed a bug with bleeding resist.
  • The textbox for most of the game's option dialog menus now properly resizes to account for long titles.
  • Added a Saves subfolder to the Caves of Qud's AppData folder. Saved games are now stored there.
  • Fixed an issue where energy cells didn't properly unstack when loading one of them into a cell slot.
  • Fixed an issue where slotted cells occasionally appeared duplicated in your inventory.
  • Mutations that protect you from sleep effects no longer prevent you from sleeping in bedrolls.
  • [modding] The ReloadSound tag now works with items that use energy cells. The sound plays when the cell is reloaded.

Below is the log for the changes from last week's beta patch.

• Added campfire sounds and music.
  • Ripe plants now appear properly in the alt overlay if you have Harvestry.
  • Updated the Fasting Way and Mind over Body skill powers to work with the new hunger system.
  • Reduced the cost of Fasting Way, Conatus, and Mind over Body.
  • Added procedurally generated cookbooks.
  • Traveling overland is a bit more difficult now; lost rates have increased.
  • Crossing the salt desert on the overland map takes much longer now in game time.
  • Mutations that protect you from sleep effects no longer prevent you from sleeping in bedrolls.
  • You can properly cook with all limbs, faces, and heads now.
  • Added descriptive information to liquid containers that contain liquid cooking ingredients.
  • Procedurally generated recipes now have very varied names.
  • Added ovens to villages where you can cook or eat the signature dish for free.
  • When you cook an inspired meal, the three effect choices are more varied now.
  • Reduced one of the effects for eating meat from +40-50% HP for an hour to +30-40% HP.
  • Added tiles and descriptions for all cooking ingredients.
  • Added signature dishes to the Six Day Stilt, Grit Gate, and Kyakukya.
  • Added a new 1-point mutation: Carnivorous.
  • Removed the Ravenous defect.
  • Updated the old UI to better display cooking recipes in the campfire menu.
  • You're told why you can't go to the worldmap when you're famished now.
  • Added message log entries for a bunch of cooking effect triggers.
  • Gave Svenlainard some preserved cooking ingredients.
  • Added a new cooking ingredient: fermented yuckwheat stem, preservable from yuckwheat stems.
  • Added honey and convalessence as proper cooking ingredients.
  • We changed the sign used for Stiltgrounds honey merchants (it's a bee now) and made the old one (a bottle) the sign for kippers.
  • Changed kippers' inventories.
  • Added back a bunch of harvestable and butcherable master targets as low-frequency harvest/butcher drops.
  • Scholar actually starts with Harvestry now.
  • Made witchwood rarer.
  • Lowered the jerky yield from most raw meats.
  • Apostles now start with Tactful.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
http://steamcommunity.com/games/333640/announcements/detail/1572185308540457615

Feature Friday - December 29, 2017
30 DECEMBER - PTYCHOMANCER
  • You can now cook with lava.
  • Canned Have-It-All is now a preserved food that you can cook with.
  • Scorpiock meat not properly exists.
  • Removed the Bludgeon power from Equimaxes and Naphtaali runts, which means they'll no longer stun lock you. Be warned, though: albino apes and ogre apes still bludgeon.
  • If you have Butchery, you can once again butcher cybernetic implants from corpses.
  • Creature AI now takes combat actions less deterministically. That is, sometimes they'll use a mutation before throwing something at you, and sometimes they'll do those things in the opposite order.
  • Creature AI no longer attempts to confuse creatures who are already confused or robots.
  • Falling asleep now clears a creature's goals.
  • When you talk to the temporal fugue clones of other creatures, you no longer get the message, "You make small talk with yourself."
  • Temporary and non-temporary objects of the same type no longer stack together.
  • Fixed an issue that occasionally caused whole stacks of cooking ingredients to be consumed when cooking from a recipe.
  • Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented monsters from attacking up stairs.
  • Fixed an issue that caused monsters to attack through floors even when no stairs were present.
  • Fixed the Escape key not working properly on the recipe details popup menu.
  • Fixed a rare exception with Clairvoyance.
  • Fixed an issue that caused only the top solar cell in a stack to recharge.
  • Fixed an issue that caused hotkeys to be improperly assigned in the cell picker.
  • Fixed an issue that caused cells to disappear while they were being swapped.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the looker to bug out when passing over liquid volumes.
  • Fixed some small grammar issues.
  • Fixed an issue that caused particle effects to remain on screen after quitting a game.
  • Fixed some missing ingredient text in the Rust Wells.
  • Fixed an issue in the Tomb of the Eaters.
  • Fixed a memory leak.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah, that sjw-shit is hiding till the time come, and then suddenly jump at you and you realize what it's all was about.

My yesterday's char.

uAnH.png

sser

Arcane
Developer
playing this was kind of fun but then I had to speak to the developers self insert fursona Queer Girl to progress the main quest and lost all hope for the game. wishing to get killed by anthropomorphic creatures soon to end this nightmare.
my funniest death so far was being sucked into a teleporter vortex by an unseen caster then immediately charged and murdered by a rhinox in the first turn

That was my last death. Purchased drugs and then while walking away a damn caveman came up and attacked the dealers. One of them fired a displacement vortex, it ricocheted back and forth across the room before clipping me and sending me to the ass end of the world. Didn't survive long. Whoever killed me got some high quality dope, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom