Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Cave of Sorrows Dungeons and Dragons Clone

Deleted Member 16721

Sounds like the spellcasting chants are from NWN as well. Can someone confirm? This part of the video has a voice chant for a spell (the audio synchronization is off so the chant is a bit late.)

The dev's explanation is that they bought the sounds and voices from some fellow on fiverr for a couple hundred bucks and had no knowledge that the sounds came from a previous game.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sounds like the spellcasting chants are from NWN as well. Can someone confirm? This part of the video has a voice chant for a spell (the audio synchronization is off so the chant is a bit late.)

The dev's explanation is that they bought the sounds and voices from some fellow on fiverr for a couple hundred bucks and had no knowledge that the sounds came from a previous game.

That's NWN VA, yes. Not only the spell chants. All of this seems ripped off. I remember one of the voices because I always picked it for my characters.

Sherry

Arcane

Hi.

The sound of your character casting matches the sound in this Neverwinter Nights video made 7 years ago.

It is a real shame they got taken for a couple hundred bucks because that is a lot of food money but at least they know now and can work on maybe recording their own voices or finding some new sounds that are under some kind of free use agreement oh but they are going to want money so I don't think free license will work right? Oh well.

I guess it is a real shame you got taken too :oops:

Thanks,
Sherry

Last edited:

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
:lol:

I'm sure they did.

Deleted Member 16721

Wow. What in the world? The Red Hand of Doom is literally the exact same game. Look at the character creation as well.

https://rpgmaker.net/games/7125/

Edit - Seems some small details are different, but obviously a ton of it is exactly the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted Member 16721

I honestly wanted to believe them as the game is very promising.

Projas

Patron
I can understand that, but you have to face up to the reality man. They have proven beyond any reasonable doubt what kind of "business" they are running in the past.

Deleted Member 16721

I also felt it was too unbelievable to be an actual scam. Unbelievable as in, the scammers couldn't possibly be that dumb. Guess I was looking too deeply into it.

Projas

Patron
I also felt it was too unbelievable to be an actual scam. Unbelievable as in, the scammers couldn't possibly be that dumb. Guess I was looking too deeply into it.
Honestly, from the previous interactions, I feel like the people behind this aren't entirely "there", if you know what I mean.

Deleted Member 16721

Exactly, Projas. That's a large part of the reason why I was giving them a lot of benefit of the doubt.

Kaelan's last update is from 2015. I wonder why he never finished the game. His version uses the same assets from other games but as far as I know if he gave it away for free that would be legal. Right? His version also looks much more polished overall, downright professional-looking.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
lol another one from these guys? It's basically the same demo that every year appears as a different new "game" with a few changes.

As for the plagiarism thing, also all the feats icons are taken straight from NWN2.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

okay so how does the Kickstarter work when it is cancelled or the goal of what the project is asking is not met right? One of the pledges was $10 but 33 people backed that do they get their money back or did this scammer just fill their pockets with $1,243? I read the comments on the page for the game and read it was picked up by another gaming website too so it got around and 4 people pledged $150 or more! :eek: Some good detective work too Mustawd on finding that look alike .

Thanks,
Sherry

Deleted Member 16721

The money goes back. It was an "all or nothing" campaign, so no one lost any money.

Deleted Member 16721

Hey, you roll some 20s and you roll some 1s. It happens. :P

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Am I the only one who doesn't give a shit at all if a game uses stolen anything if it was going for a ToEE type vibe? Anyone interested in this game owns NWN 2, or is retarded, so who gives a fuck?

I've been reading posts from Roqua and you guys are fucking idiots for chasing him away. He liked rpgs and, more importantly, he was from the only civilized state in the Union. I know you hillbillies have your blinders on but people born and raised in Mass are far superior than the rest of you cow fuckers. How dare you harass this great man? You should change the name of this site to Barbariancodex.

P.S. Western Mass people are also Hillbillies and do not count, nor is the western half of this state considered civilization like the eastern.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom