Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Cave of Sorrows Dungeons and Dragons Clone

ArchAngel

Arcane
You really want the Dex to like this game, huh?
Nope. He really wants Dex to like that Demo. There is no game here :D

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Is this the twilight zone or is there an unwritten rule about answering reasonable questions clearly on this site?

At least answer if you like ToEE or not. And in your opinion, as a moderator here, do you believe this is a rpg site or is it a general gaming site like mmorpg.com is now?

Just two questions. I know you can do it, Twilight Zone or not.
You would save yourself a lot of grief if you don't expect anything from 'Dex. It is just place bunch of us use to have some fun and make fun of modern popamole games. (and Infinitron is our news jew).

As for this game here, go play KotC first if you are looking for something ToEE-like.

Being a fan of rpgs I have, of course, bought and played KotC. KotC has almost nothing in common with ToEE other than the OGL d20 system. KotC is a good spiderweb software like game. ToEE is a great rpg. Both statements are my opinion, of course. And I want to make clear I have bought every spiderweb game and will buy all future ones. I am excited about KotC 2.

I hope you understand what logically can be drawn from your statements is this is a general gaming site that neither needs the letters rpg in its title nor cares to be codex like. It exists for general fun and making fun of games.

Browsing the forums show there certainly are a few threads about rpgs, but the vast majority of gaming threads are general and the only modern games this site has knowledge of are the one's the users make fun of the most. All of these games are mainstream games made primarily for consoles.

The moderator's religion should have no bearing on his ability to answer if he likes ToEE (which is very pertinent to any worthwhile discussion in this thread to help indicate the motivation of the poster) or his opinion on if this site is like mmorpg.com. Mmorpg.com used to be a site about mmorpgs, now it is a site about general gaming, and they are very honest and explicit about this since their change in focus. I respect that. At one point this site may have been about rpgs and during this time must have garnered a reputation for being a serious site focused on rpgs, but there is no indication of this at this time. This is a general gaming site. It is exactly like the big gaming sites with less forum rules.

The only person in this thread seemingly capable of understanding and answering a question and willing to be explicit about motivation is Fluent. I respect your enthusiasm, and I certainly share your love of rpgs, and I am very, very appreciative of you being willing and able to comprehend and reply to simple questions. I did skim through your videos as a thank you. And not to sound rude but you do come across as a little off kilter and very wordy. I definitely make long posts myself, but since you do advertise and recommend your channel I have higher standards for you than myself. I would go with less is more approach to posting if I was trying to be a video game video creator or whatever title is correct. One hour for a demo review seems excessive. If you could whittle that down to five minutes and focus on information that isn't easily seen from the kickstarter video trailer I would find it to be a lot more interesting and useful. But, please keep in mind I am in my 40s so your target audience could want hour long videos. For me, if I am going to invest an hour of my life watching something I want professional actors, a story to follow, and a whole slew of people required to make it happen. Like the Expanse episodes. That is an hour watching something well spent to me.

Game Banshee really seems to be the only rpg site around now. And the funny thing is they are the only one without rpg in the title.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hi my name is Drog!

Ok I'll bite as this alt is getting a bit tedious. This is a RPG site, but of course a large bunch of people come here for the alt-right banter and the tits and ass thread. There are many that think Dark Souls is an RPG, rather than a Devil May Cry without floating hitnumbers. You'll find maybe 10-15% of us actually are interested in RPG's, the rest just like to defecate in the halls.

Now, 'sup Drog?

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

Always watching the threads in RPG General to look for new and exciting games to try out but it will be awhile as I am right now still playing Neverwinter Nights that was free on GOG right? But that is the reason I am posting here because I was wondering is this a module you can download for Neverwinter Nights or something because the video fluent on the game has a character creation screen that looks a lot like a skinned version of Neverwinter Nights but that is okay I guess because a lot of games have similar styles and layout sometimes but it is the music that is playing in the character creation screen. It is the same music I hear playing Neverwinter Nights right? So is this a module or did they get the rights to use the music from the game or something? Do I get half price because I already have the Neverwinter Nights music from GOG?

Posting my video I made showing off the demo. Note - There is a slight audio synchronization issue, I apologize in advance (I should have paid more attention when mixing the levels, d'oh!)

oh poo! I totally missed this on the first page but at least I am not the only one who can hear the music and sound.

Inventory sounds are exactly like Nwn.

Thanks,
Sherry

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Is this the twilight zone or is there an unwritten rule about answering reasonable questions clearly on this site?

At least answer if you like ToEE or not. And in your opinion, as a moderator here, do you believe this is a rpg site or is it a general gaming site like mmorpg.com is now?

Just two questions. I know you can do it, Twilight Zone or not.
You would save yourself a lot of grief if you don't expect anything from 'Dex. It is just place bunch of us use to have some fun and make fun of modern popamole games. (and Infinitron is our news jew).

As for this game here, go play KotC first if you are looking for something ToEE-like.

Being a fan of rpgs I have, of course, bought and played KotC. KotC has almost nothing in common with ToEE other than the OGL d20 system. KotC is a good spiderweb software like game. ToEE is a great rpg. Both statements are my opinion, of course. And I want to make clear I have bought every spiderweb game and will buy all future ones. I am excited about KotC 2.
How it has nothing in common lol? Both are party based games focusing on turn based combat and pretty close to the rules D&D systems. ToEE is a higher production game that cost way way more but as a result also had easier combat and less interesting encounter design.

I hope you understand what logically can be drawn from your statements is this is a general gaming site that neither needs the letters rpg in its title nor cares to be codex like. It exists for general fun and making fun of games.

Browsing the forums show there certainly are a few threads about rpgs, but the vast majority of gaming threads are general and the only modern games this site has knowledge of are the one's the users make fun of the most. All of these games are mainstream games made primarily for consoles.
There is no forum out there that focuses solely on a very specific theme while also having more than 10 people posting there. Yea 'Dex has different stuff (Strategy section for me is often more interesting than RPG one), but if you check out the news section 90% of it are RPG games, the 10% are rpg like.
The moderator's religion should have no bearing on his ability to answer if he likes ToEE (which is very pertinent to any worthwhile discussion in this thread to help indicate the motivation of the poster) or his opinion on if this site is like mmorpg.com. Mmorpg.com used to be a site about mmorpgs, now it is a site about general gaming, and they are very honest and explicit about this since their change in focus. I respect that. At one point this site may have been about rpgs and during this time must have garnered a reputation for being a serious site focused on rpgs, but there is no indication of this at this time. This is a general gaming site. It is exactly like the big gaming sites with less forum rules.
Of course his religion is important. This place is all about religion. We got Bethestards, Obsitards, IEtards, Jews, Nazi, Turks, Potatos, Gays, GayforAvellone and the rest. Even some people pretending they are straight and white.
And you got it right about being less rules. This forum is mostly unmoderated and as a result nobody is blocking your right to say what you want and how you want it. You can have any kind of discussion you want in any way you want as long it is within the theme of the subforum. No other place has this while also being a forum and being visited by many devs who sometimes talk to us mortals.
The only person in this thread seemingly capable of understanding and answering a question and willing to be explicit about motivation is Fluent. I respect your enthusiasm, and I certainly share your love of rpgs, and I am very, very appreciative of you being willing and able to comprehend and reply to simple questions. I did skim through your videos as a thank you. And not to sound rude but you do come across as a little off kilter and very wordy. I definitely make long posts myself, but since you do advertise and recommend your channel I have higher standards for you than myself. I would go with less is more approach to posting if I was trying to be a video game video creator or whatever title is correct. One hour for a demo review seems excessive. If you could whittle that down to five minutes and focus on information that isn't easily seen from the kickstarter video trailer I would find it to be a lot more interesting and useful. But, please keep in mind I am in my 40s so your target audience could want hour long videos. For me, if I am going to invest an hour of my life watching something I want professional actors, a story to follow, and a whole slew of people required to make it happen. Like the Expanse episodes. That is an hour watching something well spent to me.
Now you are channeling the Codex inside of you. We also enjoy putting Fluent down.
Game Banshee really seems to be the only rpg site around now. And the funny thing is they are the only one without rpg in the title.
I am sure someone else can share why that place sucks, I have not visited it except to read 1 or 2 reviews.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
How it has nothing in common lol? Both are party based games focusing on turn based combat and pretty close to the rules D&D systems. ToEE is a higher production game that cost way way more but as a result also had easier combat and less interesting encounter design.

One of the major systems and features of ToEE is party creation. It is a major focus of the game and gives the game great reply value for people who enjoy robust party creation, building, and options. This is not true at all with KotC where there are what? 3 races and 3 classes? Far less options that trickle down to a no class-change or multiclass mechanic and the lack of major D20 core feats. The lack of options in party creation also mean a lack of options in combat. There is no thievery subsystem. No skills. Large dearths of gameplay that is prominent or a huge focus of ToEE and not in KotC.

All games have a finite amount of options in character or party creation or building. ToEE has far more options than KotC. KotC has about the same amount of options as Spiderweb games. Spiderweb games, and KotC, play far more similarly to each other than they do ToEE.

I think this is clear and self evident to people who prefer rpgs over other genres.
There is no forum out there that focuses solely on a very specific theme while also having more than 10 people posting there. Yea 'Dex has different stuff (Strategy section for me is often more interesting than RPG one), but if you check out the news section 90% of it are RPG games, the 10% are rpg like.

Mmorpg.com used to focus and report on only mmorpgs. You would expect to find people on the site that played and enjoyed mmorpgs. Now that they are a general gaming site this is no longer true. Their community is compromised of people who play video games, like major video game sites. Their name, by admission, is not correct any longer, but was correct at one point.

Looking through the front page there seems to be a multi-genre focus, with almost exclusive rpg news related to kickstarter or vine campaigns. Judging from every article currently on the news page, this site is absolutely the worst rpg site I have ever seen for getting rpg news from the news section.

Judging from forum popularity and discussion, Asian video games, not Asian rpgs, are of the greatest interest of this site's members other than site discussion and "run of the mill conversation." I do not know why this site considers it to be an rpg site nor how it has been given a reputation for a hard core rpg site. This may have been true at one time but surely is not now. I see no reason for the staff not to be open and honest about it like the staff of mmorpg.com. Unless you somehow believe in Orwellian mindcrime and double speak and want this site to be something it clearly isn't.

Of course his religion is important. This place is all about religion. We got Bethestards, Obsitards, IEtards, Jews, Nazi, Turks, Potatos, Gays, GayforAvellone and the rest. Even some people pretending they are straight and white.
And you got it right about being less rules. This forum is mostly unmoderated and as a result nobody is blocking your right to say what you want and how you want it. You can have any kind of discussion you want in any way you want as long it is within the theme of the subforum. No other place has this while also being a forum and being visited by many devs who sometimes talk to us mortals.

I'm sorry but I do not follow. Jews are perfectly capable of answering simple questions. Being a Jew stops no person from thinking or answering questions.

Now you are channeling the Codex inside of you. We also enjoy putting Fluent down.

I didn't put him down (or do not believe I did). I praised him for his ability to answer questions.

I am sure someone else can share why that place sucks, I have not visited it except to read 1 or 2 reviews.

Are you saying it sucks as a rpg site because it focuses on rpgs? Or it is not as good as this site because this site is more fun to post on regardless of it being a general gaming site? Objectively you would have to agree a site focusing on rpgs is a far better rpg site. Subjectively which site is better to be a member of for general discussion or freedoms of speech your opinion, like everyone's, is as right as it is wrong.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism

One of the major systems and features of ToEE is party creation. It is a major focus of the game and gives the game great reply value for people who enjoy robust party creation, building, and options. This is not true at all with KotC where there are what? 3 races and 3 classes? Far less options that trickle down to a no class-change or multiclass mechanic and the lack of major D20 core feats. The lack of options in party creation also mean a lack of options in combat. There is no thievery subsystem. No skills. Large dearths of gameplay that is prominent or a huge focus of ToEE and not in KotC.

All games have a finite amount of options in character or party creation or building. ToEE has far more options than KotC. KotC has about the same amount of options as Spiderweb games. Spiderweb games, and KotC, play far more similarly to each other than they do ToEE.

I think this is clear and self evident to people who prefer rpgs over other genres.

Mmorpg.com used to focus and report on only mmorpgs. You would expect to find people on the site that played and enjoyed mmorpgs. Now that they are a general gaming site this is no longer true. Their community is compromised of people who play video games, like major video game sites. Their name, by admission, is not correct any longer, but was correct at one point.

Looking through the front page there seems to be a multi-genre focus, with almost exclusive rpg news related to kickstarter or vine campaigns. Judging from every article currently on the news page, this site is absolutely the worst rpg site I have ever seen for getting rpg news from the news section.

Judging from forum popularity and discussion, Asian video games, not Asian rpgs, are of the greatest interest of this site's members other than site discussion and "run of the mill conversation." I do not know why this site considers it to be an rpg site nor how it has been given a reputation for a hard core rpg site. This may have been true at one time but surely is not now. I see no reason for the staff not to be open and honest about it like the staff of mmorpg.com. Unless you somehow believe in Orwellian mindcrime and double speak and want this site to be something it clearly isn't.

I'm sorry but I do not follow. Jews are perfectly capable of answering simple questions. Being a Jew stops no person from thinking or answering questions.

I didn't put him down (or do not believe I did). I praised him for his ability to answer questions.

Are you saying it sucks as a rpg site because it focuses on rpgs? Or it is not as good as this site because this site is more fun to post on regardless of it being a general gaming site? Objectively you would have to agree a site focusing on rpgs is a far better rpg site. Subjectively which site is better to be a member of for general discussion or freedoms of speech your opinion, like everyone's, is as right as it is wrong.

As an Administrator of this website, i totally agree with your points in general. I haven't tried the game yet but i indeed liked ToEE's combat system.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Sounds more like Roqua.

I just read some posts by him. Not only is he from the best and most important state in the US, he also likes rpgs. Is this why he isn't liked here? An rpg fan who is willing and able to talk about rpgs is not welcomed? Is this why Fluent is attacked?

And wouldn't it have been a more productive use of your time to answer simple questions rather than speculate on who I am or am not. And why is it impossible for me to be a new member? That just isn't an option or possibility? All your new members are alts of older members? If so, exactly how many unique members make up the community of this site? 10? If so Game Banshee has far more members in their community.

The truth is I am an Alt of Infinitron. I am a manifestation of his subconscious who can take over his mind for short periods of time and was created by his mind as a way to deal with Infinitron prime's inability to answer very simple questions and his faux interest in rpgs. Being a moderator of a general gaming site claiming to be not only an rpg site, but the most hardcore rpg site and neither liking rpgs nor being able to answer simple questions related to very well known rpgs fragmented my mind. Thank you for creating me, Father.

We really need a "Trolled!" button...

I am trying to be clear, honest, and answer questions reasonably, logically and fully.

From your contribution to this thread and all the other's not called Trolls should I assume a Troll is defined on this site as someone who likes rpgs, thinks, answers questions honestly and fully, and does not just post shit that adds nothing to the discussion or answer questions.

How can I be considered a non-trolling member? Please advise. What do I have to do to get simple answers to simple questions from the esteemed non-troll members of this site?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Ok, I am done with this guy. He is either trolling or retarded.

Jesus fucking Christ. I thought you weren't a drone for a second. Are you also an Alt of Infinitron? What specifically did I say that was either retarded or trolling? Actually, lets stick to rpgs so we can see if you like rpgs or not. What exactly do you reject or think is retarded about what I explained about ToEE, KotC, and Spiderweb games? Are you saying KotC had skills, thievery subsystem, a good selection of races and classes, and party creation was a major system giving KotC high replay value?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

Okay guys, obviously this is not a good site for serious rpg discussion, or even normal discussion as I know it to be. I really don't want to ask simple questions and just be more and more confused on what the fuck is going on with the responses I get. I wish you all luck and pray you are all under 15 and will grow up to be able to answer simple questions and become members of a site more accurately reflecting your preferred genre of video games.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Okay guys, obviously this is not a good site for serious rpg discussion, or even normal discussion as I know it to be. I really don't want to ask simple questions and just be more and more confused on what the fuck is going on with the responses I get. I wish you all luck and pray you are all under 15 and will grow up to be able to answer simple questions and become members of a site more accurately reflecting your preferred genre of video games.
Giving up already? But you are not even half way through your initiation. +M

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So is this a module or did they get the rights to use the music from the game or something?
No way in hell do these guys have rights to use any of the assets from different games. See the discussion about Blizzard's icons above.
See you under a different alt Roqua. :salute:

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
What's fucked up is I really like the way this game looks so far.
But I'm not paying shit for a demo, especially from a sketchy source.
If it was just "heres a demo of my upcoming game, goldbox and toee fans will probably dig it"
it would have quite a different reception.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

Giving up already? But you are not even half way through your initiation. +M

Initiation to what? Are the 10 unique members of this site super secret rpg fans capable of discussing rpgs and answering simple questions once you confuse people for certain amount of time? I do not find this realistic. As an rpg fan capable of answering questions and explaining myself (or at least honestly attempting to) I see no benefit of being a member of a general gaming community comprised of people incapable of understanding simple concepts and are most likely between 10 and 15 years old.

See you under a different alt Roqua. :salute:

Yes my main (or prime) alt is Infinitron as explained above. I know expecting you to read, comprehend, and retain simple information just stated above too much to ask for. Who is your prime? Going by your join date you could not actually be you.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
If it was just "heres a demo of my upcoming game, goldbox and toee fans will probably dig it"

Stop trying to make sense and explain yourself in a reasonable way, Alt. We don't tolerate this kind of individual thinking around here.

Deleted Member 16721

You really want the Dex to like this game, huh?

Not really. I don't care who likes it, but when I am interested in something I like to tell others about it.

Like I said, pledge a single dollar. If the campaign doesn't make it you get your dollar back. At least you'll be able to play the demo then.

Deleted Member 16721

Hi.

Always watching the threads in RPG General to look for new and exciting games to try out but it will be awhile as I am right now still playing Neverwinter Nights that was free on GOG right? But that is the reason I am posting here because I was wondering is this a module you can download for Neverwinter Nights or something because the video fluent on the game has a character creation screen that looks a lot like a skinned version of Neverwinter Nights but that is okay I guess because a lot of games have similar styles and layout sometimes but it is the music that is playing in the character creation screen. It is the same music I hear playing Neverwinter Nights right? So is this a module or did they get the rights to use the music from the game or something? Do I get half price because I already have the Neverwinter Nights music from GOG?

oh poo! I totally missed this on the first page but at least I am not the only one who can hear the music and sound.

Thanks,
Sherry

I just messaged the devs asking about this. The character creation text is not the same as NWN nor is the ruleset, it seems (different racial bonuses, etc..)

As for the Diablo 3 icons, according to the devs some of the art was placeholder. While it seems odd to use placeholders like that, the new demo has different icons that were created specifically for the game. When I make the new video you guys can judge and see.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom