Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

_

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
i dont see how 1a takes us to feast chamber

imho 1c and set up a clingy clangy trap made of chains at the door to warn of someone's coming

woundos are much uncool and are better dropped asap

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I definitely read the map backwards smh. And I remember reading Roxor's comment thinking, "Fucking retard, how do you not see how 1A won't take us to the feast chamber". Ended up working out though.

1A, because I want to see how good Mercantile can write, and 4E, because if we're going to deal with Wizards, we might as well have some magical ability.

Codex decided not to send me any alerts for this thread. Nice.

1A - Let us see if we are going to be turned into a nubile virgin for Crispy to ravage.
4A - the sword first, then the craft of speeches so that in time our tongue, too, shall cut.

Citizen

1A: Twenty chickens and two pigs is 22. You know what else is 22?

Right! A maximum pixel height of a button!

And here is a creepy PM I got from DU:
8GY2Wb.png

Clearly, the answer to this riddle is: 'PARROT WITH HAT IS EXCEPTION TO RULE'

Last edited by a moderator:
1a
I have lost -1 cows. My cow was stolen and my chickens and pigs fairly traded to someone who just so happened to have a cow for sale.

hello friend

Arcane
Do you lose something when you sell it or do you simply not have it anymore?

Football teams are commonly said to have "lost" a player when they sell one to another team.

A conundrum, to be sure.

Either way, the first cow was certainly lost. Even if the cow is returned, it has been lost. Also found, but also lost. And it might not even be the same cow.

Maybe the farmer only lost a cow?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I thought about all that, and technically, some definitions about the word lost list it as "denoting something that has been taken away or cannot be recovered.", in which case, we haven't lost shit; as we got the cow back and/or we can always recover the chickens + pigs. All in all, this is either a trick question or it's meant to be taken at face value. If it's meant to be taken at face value, we win by answering normally, if it's a trick question, what are the odds that we'll get the trick right?

I thought about all that, and technically, some definitions about the word lost list it as "denoting something that has been taken away or cannot be recovered.", in which case, we haven't lost shit; as we got the cow back

Not necessarily the same cow.

1a
I have lost -1 cows. My cow was stolen and my chickens and pigs fairly traded to someone who just so happened to have a cow for sale.

Fuck it, this. I solved a riddle in this man's first CYOA so clearly y'all should trust me.

EDIT: I am interpreting the above quote as meaning we lost one cow. LOST one cow, TRADED x chickens and y pigs for another cow. Even if the cow we got in exchange is the same one that was stolen, we still LOST it at one point.

ItsChon Suppose you go into an adult store and buy a Tenga Flip Hole White like the discerning customer you are for 70 dollars. Have you lost 70 dollars?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom