Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Carmageddon: Reincarnation

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Roguey Which group of white people are more tolerant and liberal? White people from Mississippi (60% white), or white people from Vermont (95% white)?
Most people in racist Mississippi areas live in white bubbles.

The whiteys who voted for Chokwe Lumumba sound pretty tolerant and liberal to me.
http://sfbayview.com/2013/from-miss...s-chokwe-lumumba-is-the-new-mayor-of-jackson/
It is important to note, however, that the small percentage of white voters Lumumba won was also crucial to his slim 3,000-vote margin of victory. A determined band of white campaigners flanked Lumumba and fought hard to achieve this important result.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Even if that's true, it doesn't support your original statement:

Working/living in a practically homogenous environment is pretty much a guarantee of prejudices against persons-or-things-not-like-them.

The point is that Vermont is tolerant, not that Mississippi is not.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Even if that's true, it doesn't support your original statement:

Working/living in a practically homogenous environment is pretty much a guarantee of prejudices against persons-or-things-not-like-them.

The point is that Vermont is tolerant, not that Mississippi is not.
I don't know much about Vermont, for all I know it's full of fauxgressives.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/09/vt-paper-fry-rice-sign-caledonian-record_n_2843391.html
http://www.boston.com/news/local/vermont/articles/2010/11/10/vermont_barber_denies_racism/
http://www.racelies.com/2012/05/race-war-in-america-racism-rampant-in.html

Mmm hmm.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
They should probably do a kickstarter for making videos about how games are homophobic, except it would be very hard to do so without saying "gay". That's a complete Catch-22 here.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
They should probably do a kickstarter for making videos about how games are homophobic, except it would be very hard to do so without saying "gay". That's a complete Catch-22 here.
hahaha yeah you got them snookered....... :D:Dclever stuff my man.

i really appreciate that this website lets me call people fags because my mum tells me off when i do (who's the real homophobe here........? makes u think)

FeelTheRads

Arcane
for all I know it's full of fauxgressives.

They don't accept you they're racist, they accept you they're fauxgressives.

These "progressives" are the biggest intolerant bigoted assholes I've ever seen.

baturinsky

Arcane

Baron Dupek

Arcane
2014? Propably December or something like that based of the progress (maybe it will be faster production?)
And hope that driving model will be as good as original. Really liked that in this game despite the fact that I'm not racing&driving fan.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

:fuuyeah:

Also, their KS updates are quite funky, as usual:

Why HELLOOOO, long time no update!

Apologies first off - you haven’t had an update in a loooong time and this is simply because everyone is super busy knuckling down and getting on with work for the Early Access release! (Which is not far away now!).

What have we got for you today? Well you’ll be happy to know we have a super sexy video of crushingness to show you. First off please note the game is still not finished! And assets are not final! So everything you see is still work in progress! I won’t babble on any longer, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP2rlFnqRrg
How did you like that hey? Just think you’ll be playing it soon!

Remember! Press those social buttons at the bottom and give us a tweet, show a friend or go make a meme about it! And share your thoughts and discuss the game with our like minded carma nutters in our forums.

So it’s going to be a very busy time ahead for us as we prepare everything for Early Access (or Earl Ass as we like to call it). We have lots of cool stuff coming up to coincide with the release; stuff like having our own Twitch channel where me and nobby will be chatting, messing around and playing (eventually along with you guys!). We look forward to seeing you in the Early Access for some crushy crushy joy joy action!

Finally, I will now leave you with a beautiful text extract from the award winning romantic novel Carmageddon: Fifty Shades of Red, written by A.C. Lue:

“Her crack roused at Max’s footlong, obviously his tremendous nob elongates very easily, she’s yearning that naughty evening wooing… Then she inconceivably stretches, surprising everyone! Copiously climaxing, a yellowish liquid rained and everyone ran off frightened. Eventually, the amorous dame exhausted her thrashing.”

FOOTLONG FRIDAY! wahoo

Sim xxx

Full press release

Carmageddon: Reincarnation to launch as an Early Access release on Steam! Blood, Laughs, Amazing Pile-ups and more Cows than ever!

Friday, 28th February 2014. Isle of Wight, UK. Stainless Games announces that on the 27th of March 2014, fans who have been waiting for what has seemed an eternity (but is actually a mere 17 years) will finally be able to play the sequel to the original “points for pedestrians” car smash carnage-fest Carmageddon, as the Early Access release of Carmageddon: Reincarnation launches on Steam.

From the 27th of March 2014, the legion of long time Carmageddon fans, plus lovers of excess virtual violence everywhere will get to wreak havoc, pain and hilarity once more. This Early Access release is a milestone, as it marks the beginning of a new era in the Carmageddon story. Kickstarter Backers will be able to get behind the wheel two weeks before the Steam Early Access release.

The resulting game (which is now at the Pre-Alpha phase) has even more laughs, more bodily fluids, more thrills, more smashes and more... cows than ever.

“It’s brilliant to see our demonic baby rise screaming from the grave,” said Patrick Buckland, co-founder and CEO of Stainless Games and creative genius behind Carmageddon, “This time we could finally do the stuff that we wanted to do 17 years ago. More blood was the main thing. Rivers of livers – that’s what we wanted. Being publisher as well as developer means we get to be stupid. Properly, professionally stupid. And this game is stupider than Jupiter. I mean really silly – but in a good way. Nobody else makes games that make you cry with laughter – but we do. And did I mention the livers?"

Neil ‘Nobby’ Barnden, co-founder, Brand Director and “the other one” behind the original Carmageddon, added: “Blood and laughs. Amazing pile-ups. Awesome PowerUps. Insane… Insanity. The team is fantastic, the love we have for the title shines through, and even though the game is still pre-alpha it’s a bloody hoot to play!”

Previously having had tremendous success resurrecting the original title for mobile devices (with over 3 million copies downloaded to iOS and Android devices in the year since it was launched), this PC Steam version is an all-new endeavour that the team (including most of the team who made the 1997 original) has been working on for over two years. It started as a self-funded project with a skeleton team, was then part-funded by a highly successful Kickstarter Campaign in 2012 and further investment in 2013 from one of the company shareholders Les Edgar.

About Steam Early Access
Early Access is a service on Steam that allows developers to release functional but yet-incomplete products to the service, and allows users to buy the title and help provide testing and feedback towards the final production. Through the community’s involvement these games evolve as the developers updates and add content with feedback from the players.

About Stainless Games
Stainless Games Ltd. is an independent British video game developer based in Newport, Isle of Wight, U.K. They are a highly successful developer, with a raft of experience and copious titles released across all platforms. But today, it’s all about just one thing. Carmageddon is coming back. And it wants your granny.

bonescraper

:/ I'm not impressed.

Cars can't get cut in half, and they're too resilient to high speed impacts.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Sheesh, which part of pre-alpha did you miss?

Getting cut in half is easier to implement than anything on the video, and resilience is obviously in for demonstration purposes. For gameplay it'll probably be tweaked a lot, won't be much fun if your tires (or the whole axle) comes off as easily as it seems in the video. The same goes for getting cut in half.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
March 2014? Jeeha...
Early Access
ah, lost my boner here.
I'm kiddin', just ErlAcsc alpha/betas overflow recently.

I liked that part with police truck.
Fook da poils?? Now you feel my revenge!

Last edited:

Astral Rag

Arcane
Steam keys are in the mail...But if those minimum specs are accurate I won't be able to play for a while.

"This Early Early Access build features the following (unfinished) content:

The “Rig Wreck” level
The “Classic Carma” Game Mode (kill all opponents, or kill all peds, or complete the laps)
Two race routes
The player’s car – the Eagle R
Five opponents: Caddy Fat Cat, Cleaver, Countslash, The Twister and Towmeister
The Cop APC
A big bunch of PowerUps (we call ‘em “PUps”)
A selection of peds, including special guest nuns as stand-ins until the penguins arrive
Action Replay

Our minimum spec is currently: OS Version: Win 7 64-bit Processor: Intel i5-3470 (3.2GHz) or equivalent. Memory: 8Gb Graphics: 2Gb DX11 compatible (AMD HD 7950 or equivalent) Network: N/A DirectX version: DX10 Disk Space: 4Gb Sound Card: DirectX compatible. Important: Spec will be revised continually during Early Access. "

Streams:

http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/26416

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
I hadn't checked on this project in a while, but the damage tech looks pretty robust. I like the tires rolling off the hubs after popping, the degree and specificity of damage looks both fun to play and like an improvement over the original.

anyone know if they're going to include a record/rewind feature like in the first one? I remember back when I was a little kid and the original had just came out, my bro and I would take turns playing it. We would laugh until we cried while watching looped videos of us plowing through pedestrians and spinning wheels on them. Something about the shitty sprite animation, especially on the walker-grandma, just cracked us up.

here's hoping they keep the stupid levels of violence.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom