Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Carmageddon: Reincarnation

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Jesus Christ, what is the PC Mafia even doing backing a Carmageddon game.

I hate this goddamn world.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
@ Richard: We did not "cave in", we just gave a refund when it was requested. As we always will.

We're confident that fans of the game will be disappointed if they cancel their pledge, only to then buy the game at full price when they see how good it is.
:salute:

They did the right thing, solved it quickly to avoid the PC Mafia rallying against them or making a Tumblr OUTRAGE

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Jesus Christ, what is the PC Mafia even doing backing a Carmageddon game.

Waiting for the opportunity to "fix" this one too, obviously. They need to fix the world of these horrible people who dare to use forbidden words.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It looks like this "story" hasn't broken out yet. I can't find any Kotaku bullshit or anything about it.

As much as I like drama, let's hope it stays that way.

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
People backing a game that lets you run over pedestrians while on drugs are offended by inappropriate use of the word 'gay'.

That's pretty gay.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
It looks like this "story" hasn't broken out yet. I can't find any Kotaku bullshit or anything about it.
There is no story, they acted very quickly and did everything the whinny guy asked for.
They may have refunded people, but the post with "homophobic language" is still up.
Too late, they already made clear that anyone butthurt can just ask for a refund, asking now for the removal of the words would be imposing censorship. Especially on a title where you can run over old grannies, no one expects political correctness.

Kotaku bullshit would be more something like "Is miss-using the word gay worse than killing people?", not "Evil developer is evil and hates gays."

DakaSha

Arcane
What a bunch of whiny faggots.
To top it off they need to have a part in the game where you can plow through a gay parade.

And in another level a normal parade so that we can watch them ignore that and focus on the 'obvious homophobia'

toroid

Arcane
Predictable political correctness retards jumped right into the trap. Free advertising. :thumbsup:

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
That sort of drama is nothing new, happened before with that Orson Scott Card Xbox game (forgot the title). There was some sort of 'boycott' of it because OSC is some bible freak who doesn't like homos. Though it is suprising that you can find ultra-sensitive PC wankers among Carmageddon fans.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
What a bunch of whiny faggots.
To top it off they need to have a part in the game where you can plow through a gay parade.

And in another level a normal parade so that we can watch them ignore that and focus on the 'obvious homophobia'
:bravo:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That sort of drama is nothing new, happened before with that Orson Scott Card Xbox game (forgot the title). There was some sort of 'boycott' of it because OSC is some bible freak who doesn't like homos. Though it is suprising that you can find ultra-sensitive PC wankers among Carmageddon fans.

There was a guy who backed Carmageddon who screamed at inXile for using the word "fuck" in the Wasteland 2 demo. I shit you not.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Commander Shepard, their hero, partake in violence aginst the free press, genocide and something else I don't remember, but because he is a sex fiend that would buttfuck everything that moves he is an example of tolerance and acceptance, uphelding the best human values and the most delicate of sentiments.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That was not XBox specific, it's a general boycott.

There was a guy who backed Carmageddon who screamed at inXile for using the word "fuck" in the Wasteland 2 demo. I shit you not.
Fuck him ;)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I support pig-men being openly pig-like so I know whom not to give money. By using gay as a pejorative they are telling queers everywhere "we don't want you as a customer; we only want straight (white) men like ourselves."

Of course I was never interested in this.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I support pig-men being openly pig-like so I know whom not to give money. By using gay as a pejorative they are telling queers everywhere "we don't want you as a customer; we only want straight (white) men like ourselves."
Are you gay? Because otherwise you might want to shut up.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Are you gay? Because otherwise you might want to shut up.
I'm part of the queer catch-all obviously.

DakaSha

Arcane

Or maybe they are using colloquial speech like normal fucking people and aren't trying to cater to your whiny bullshit

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
By using gay as a pejorative they are telling queers everywhere "we don't want you as a customer; we only want straight (white) men like ourselves."
Not really, do you care what sort of people make the products that you buy and enjoy? Your'e a fucking racist that hates white people apparently (in the same way that Carmageddon devs are gay hating neo-nazis), but if you were involved in the production of a game I'm interested in, I would buy it without giving a shit.

DakaSha

Arcane
What a horrible attempt

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom