Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Carmageddon: Reincarnation

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
If they fixed the fps department, I might reinstall it some day.

catfood

AGAIN
latest
We need Carmageddon avatars.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
No they are not, considering that TDR is arguably the best of the bunch.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Another dumfuk who probably hasnt even played TDR but hops on the bandwagon because well he's just another dumbfuk.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I have played TDR a shitload, and it's a fucking disgrace.

You're a fucking moron, you just want to play a no contact arcade racer, so why play Carmageddon games?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Another dumfuk who probably hasnt even played TDR but hops on the bandwagon because well he's just another dumbfuk.

Look, it's alright to say "I like this crap game, even though no one else does", because no one can account for personal taste.

But what you're saying goes against everything that everyone's ever said. Even the people who made Carmageddon in the first place.

TDR is a turd. If you like it, fine, no bother from me. But you trying to persuade others that it's anything else than a turd is Troll Fail 101.

Astral Rag

Arcane
TDR fucking sucks, but it was more fun than NuCarma

How was TDR more fun? That game literally didn't want players to have fun, killing a ped added like 0.15 seconds to the timer so you were never not running almost out of time unless you used cheats to disable the timer or played skirmish mode. But of course they fucked that option up too. You see, you could only play skirmish games on one map unless you unlocked more in the NO FUN ALLOWED campaign. And that's not even talking about the gazillion and one awful mandatory missions.

kcY1VWs.jpg

Last edited:

SwiftCrack

Arcane
The timer was fucking retarded, I actually forgot that part (it was so bad that I now remember that I removed the timer from the game with some 'hack').

Disregard my previous post.

Partially though, because NuCarma suffers from the same retarded non-deathmatch races (just as bad as missions), and the fact that one minor dent in your car costs $10000000 to repair and killing others doesn't give you that many at all (this is why it's no fun)

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Stream of devs playing the new version on console, at 44ish mins in they say that the pc version is releasing later than consoles.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

Look, it's alright to say "I like this crap game, even though no one else does", because no one can account for personal taste.

But what you're saying goes against everything that everyone's ever said. Even the people who made Carmageddon in the first place.

TDR is a turd. If you like it, fine, no bother from me. But you trying to persuade others that it's anything else than a turd is Troll Fail 101.
Ive posted before why TDR does not in fact, suck nor is it a turd. And the original developers are a bunch of morons as usual, thinking their stuff is hot shit. They havent made one decent game since Carmageddon 2.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I have played TDR a shitload, and it's a fucking disgrace.

You're a fucking moron, you just want to play a no contact arcade racer, so why play Carmageddon games?
There is plenty of contact in TDR you imbecile. I think you've played your mom a shitload but definitely not TDR.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Ive posted before why TDR does not in fact, suck nor is it a turd.

IIRC, the reaction you got from people then was pretty much the same as now.

And the original developers are a bunch of morons as usual, thinking their stuff is hot shit. They havent made one decent game since Carmageddon 2.

...this is the first thing you say that's actually somewhat valid. I'll leave the new Carmageddon out of this since technically they're not done with it yet, but besides the first two Carmas the rest of their catalogue mostly consists of generic console ports for various board games.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
New Carmageddon doesnt count since its just a damn remake...even TDR tried something new to freshen up the series.....15 years ago. Stainless is a one hit wonder, and are a bunch of hacks at present.

free999enigma

Learned
Guys, i have a problme with this game from a year ago, after devs make an update for this game, when i try to start the game, he is block at "Splash Screen" and nothing happended after that.I have AMD Video Card, someone from here has encountered this problem?

agris

Arcane
Patron
It's free if you owned Reincarnation, FYI.

Some have reported worse textures compared to reincarnation, one solution:

You can change the texture quality in the lua in Data_Misc/config/misc_maps.lua, I don't think the shadows have been downgraded (in fact they seem a bit sharper than C:R's shadows), you can look around in the cockpit view (haven't tried it with a KB yet but you can with a gamepad), and you can add your custom tracks into the Audio_Music.zad in the ZAD_AUDIO folder.

toroid

Arcane
After playing the Max Damage re-release for 1.5 hours I can say it's definitely more polished than Reincarnation was. View distance might be reduced though, I noticed fog on occasion (playing with max settings) but it's not too distracting considering that line of sight is typically short to medium range. Most importantly the gameplay feels smoother: They've polished vehicle handling and controls somewhat. Enemy AI seems to be more varied. Pedestrians seem a little tougher, so you can have some fun pushing them around more without them dying on you.

Controls are still far from perfect though. Steering responsiveness is sluggish as fuck; the steering rate is fixed and does not respond in real time to analog input like it did in Carma 2 ... eighteen fucking years ago. I think the steering buffer they have in place for keyboard users was lazily left unaltered for analog users. It makes no sense and it has to be a mistake (unless it's intended to keep analog users from having any advantage). Makes the cars handle like they're obese. Also, the powerups that affect acceleration and top speed still make the cars too uncontrollable, but they do seem to have been improved a little bit. These have been my biggest complaints all along, and they still exist.. Been having a lot of fun with it though, so I can probably get used to the issues.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
How's the damage cost to repair/access to cash now?

In Reinc I found myself getting damaged to oblivion for the most minor bumps and having to go out killing like 50 peds to repair myself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom