Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Can't remember the title of an old strategy game in the Roman Age

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
So I am looking to identify an old strategy game. I cannot recall the exact time I played it, might have been around 1998-2002.
It was already in the win95-98 era. The game was about managing Rome and lands, it might have also had a military side which I don't remember. It also had a crappy cd copy protection, maybe starforce?

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Trying to recall more stuff:

- turnbased
- seemingly complex political actions

Arrowgrab

Arbiter
Centurion: Defender or Rome? Turnbased but politics was didn't have "complex political actions" (well, other than holding chariot races and Colosseum fights). Did have perfunctory talks with chieftains, which sometimes ended with them surrendering without a fight. Also, not a CD game.

One of the Caesar series? Emphasis on city building, military side kind of on the sidelines, but it was realtime.

We could really use more information.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Thanks, but no.
It was a more modern game. It probably came out around 1998-2002 and was probably some eurojunk, which was soon forgotten. Wikipedia wasn't much help, for example they have also this rare Adventure game "Imperium Romanum" not listed.

I am sorry, I don't remember much about it, but it wasn't one of the better known titles.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
RTS? Turn-based? Tactical game, strategy game, 4x game, management game?

Needs more information.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
pax romana?
You, sir, are a true gentleman. Thank you!

Edit: Now I only have track down a copy, which might actually be harder than identifying it.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom