Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Can you get your reputation back? (some spoilers)

Rhys

Novice
Third time rolling up a party I ended up going with a scholar, a herbalist, and a thief. All are hi-int, which meant I ended up not spending much on the way of weapons skills for the scholar and herbalist initially. All are also high speed (as a football coach once said, you can't teach speed), the scholar is a flame thrower and the herb a gog type.

Well, the thief does as the thief expects and has a nifty pickpocket skill along with great stealth. (He also doubles as a pretty good tank - advantage of hi int, just keep whacking with the sword and axe and keep getting hit with armor and lo and behold it works.) However, he has been very careful not to get caught lifting - yet at the Treefort no one can get the meal quest (even with a 40 speech 15 cha scholar), the sisters won't tell me about the blade, and it appears the party's rep is in the tank. What gives? And is there a way to get your reputation back?

One small bug not posted elsewhere - the Willpower raising necklace does not add to your Thaum or GoG points available...

CP

Liturgist
Rhys said:
Third time rolling up a party I ended up going with a scholar, a herbalist, and a thief. All are hi-int, which meant I ended up not spending much on the way of weapons skills for the scholar and herbalist initially. All are also high speed (as a football coach once said, you can't teach speed), the scholar is a flame thrower and the herb a gog type.

Well, the thief does as the thief expects and has a nifty pickpocket skill along with great stealth. (He also doubles as a pretty good tank - advantage of hi int, just keep whacking with the sword and axe and keep getting hit with armor and lo and behold it works.) However, he has been very careful not to get caught lifting - yet at the Treefort no one can get the meal quest (even with a 40 speech 15 cha scholar), the sisters won't tell me about the blade, and it appears the party's rep is in the tank. What gives? And is there a way to get your reputation back?

One small bug not posted elsewhere - the Willpower raising necklace does not add to your Thaum or GoG points available...

Rhys said:
it appears the party's rep is in the tank. What gives? And is there a way to get your reputation back?

Sure, there are plenty of ways. Completing almost every quest will up the party's rep -- unless you do something upsetting to someone. I don't think the problem is that you've done too many bad things, you probably just haven't done enough good things.

Rhys said:

What's the name of the Necklace?

Thanks.

CP

Rhys

Novice
Interesting...I'm only through about half of the Citadel quests after doing Ironwood and Kellen and the Academy (as well as some in Lands End) after doing nice things like freeing the white monkey and healing wounded sylkies. Maybe there is hope yet - it is too fun to have a 50 pick skill thief though. Be a big bummer not to get to do things like talk to the Priestess.

You would ask me the name when I'm not at my home PC - think its the tears of the sylkie necklace?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom