Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Can I have roman shield in full version of Teudogar?

Anonymous

I've send the money to Mr.Mittag and I'm waiting to receive the game. I love the roman shields and their gladius. I know that I cant get a gladius in Teudogar but can I have a roman shield?

Anonymous

I meant I cant buy a gladius. Sorry my english isnt very good.

Anonymous

Skywalker said:
I meant I cant buy a gladius. Sorry my english isnt very good.

I can get the gladius, and then forward it to you via an unmarked UPS box. Send the money to my paypal (talk2farley@hotmail.com) and we will get this ball rolling.

Wolf Mittag

Wolf Mittag Software Development
Developer
HI Skywalker, thank you for ordering!

You can buy a short sword (gladius) already in the free Demo Version: Not from the smith in you home village; but the smith in Cattanford will produce one of these for you.

As to the Roman shield, yes, you'll have many opportunities to capture these in the Full Version.

However, in my opinion, I think it's not such a good deal for a single fighter, because its huge size will greatly impair your dexterity. In my opinion, this type of shield is mainly useful for a row of soldiers standing in a file, one closely next to one another, each covering both himself and part of his neigbor with his shield, everyone pointing their spears at the enemy, and this whole troop advancing, mowing down everything in its way like a steamroller (Greek idea; Phalanx). In such a combination, this type of shield really makes sense, creating a sort of solid front, and thus rendering the entire troop fairly invincible to attacks. But for a single fighter I don't think it's worthwhile.

As to other kinds of Roman armor to be captured in the Full Version, what will be much more useful to you is the Roman segmented cuirass, which weighs far less than a chain mail, doesn't impair your dexterity much, and offers great protection. Also worthwhile is getting a Roman iron helmet (more solid than Bronze, and better designed than the Barbarian helmets, with additional protection for cheeks and neck).

Anonymous

Thank You Mr.Mittag

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom