Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Call of Doooty

Murk

Arcane
Are any of the CoD games worth playing for the single-player campaign? Or are they only worthwhile for multiplayer?

I recall enjoying the first CoD's campaign, but it definitely was a clear indication of the introduction of the dreaded 'cinematic' style of gameplay. This was basically ten years ago, so I have no clue how it would be experienced now.

The co-op missions in the MW series are pretty fun if you have a bro on speed dial.

There's actually not much popamole in CoD because respawning enemies make that a waste of time and ammo. Yes, you can crouch behind something to regen health, but you're just making the problem worse. Just shoot them on the mouth and move on. (not with shotguns though, they suck)

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Are any of the CoD games worth playing for the single-player campaign? Or are they only worthwhile for multiplayer?

If you can get them cheap, CoD campaigns are pretty enjoyable in a "weekend rental" sort of way. I recently played Black Ops 2 and Ghosts but had to get them on X360 since Activision has them for full fuckin price on Steam.

The co-op missions in the MW series are pretty fun if you have a bro on speed dial.

There's actually not much popamole in CoD because respawning enemies make that a waste of time and ammo. Yes, you can crouch behind something to regen health, but you're just making the problem worse. Just shoot them on the mouth and move on. (not with shotguns though, they suck)

They got rid of infinite respawning enemies after CoD 2.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I'm not sure I understand...you mean the original series or something? There's been many moments in MW where people would keep coming into the room until I moved towards the objective.

CoD in general. It was a chief complaint with Call of Duty 2(The WW2 sequel to the original) and I recall that they addressed it with future entries. Now, it's been ages since I played MW1 and 2 and can't remember how enemy spawning was in those but I know for sure there's limited enemy spawns in Blops 2 and Ghosts.

A horse of course

I'm not sure I understand...you mean the original series or something? There's been many moments in MW where people would keep coming into the room until I moved towards the objective.

CoD in general. It was a chief complaint with Call of Duty 2(The WW2 sequel to the original) and I recall that they addressed it with future entries. Now, it's been ages since I played MW1 and 2 and can't remember how enemy spawning was in those but I know for sure there's limited enemy spawns in Blops 2 and Ghosts.

You're a lying misogynist cuck.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Veteran_(difficulty)

Call of Duty 3, Modern Warfare 1, World at War and Black Ops all have infinitely respawning enemaz. I seem to recall instances of infinite respawn in MW3 but that might've been regular spawning that ended after a certain number of kills. I haven't played Blopz II but the internet reliably informs me that there are sequences involving infinite AI spawns in that title as well.

A horse of course

git gud

Most of those apply to recruit difficulty, anyway.

A user named cat

I really enjoyed COD 2 despite the warning stages of the tired as fuck spawnamole formula we all loathe today. Obviously it was flawed but it had many enjoyable levels and plenty kraut to slaughter. I recall playing through it a few times.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
One gripe I had with COD 2 was how overused the Panzer 2 tank was in that game. It's most ridiculous in the British tank mission, where the game says it outranges their crusader tanks, Lol.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
As a professional CoD playa, CoD1 is the best and it's the only CoD I played the singleplayer of.

For multiplayer;

CoD1 is perfect unmodded.

CoD2 is great with PAM 2.04. The regen health isn't too big of a deal in MP because of lethality. One shot headshots, and one shot upper body shots for rifles, snipers and shotguns (depending on range).

CoD4 is good with Promod, but p. banal compared to CoD1 and CoD2

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom