Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS C&C3: Tiberian Incursion

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Kari Wuhrer > Jenny McCarthy

I was mostly shitposting, but my waifu is

https://images7.alphacoders.com/411/411162.jpg
The finest hoe is that chick serving tea to George Takei in some of the cutscenes. Wa wa wii wa, yellow fever rising.

I do not recall.

You mean her?
latest

Or her?

250px-RA3U_Takara_Sato_7775.png

They are pretty.

I still think the Japanese faction is out of place in a RA game, but at least they have George Takei and hot girls as part of the FMV cast.
https://youtu.be/_VAg5V56gPw?t=1m2s

Walks in there. :shredder:

Anyway, I'd say *nothing* is out of place in Red Alert after Red Alert 2. The whole thing is simply batshit insane, and like they said on 1d4chan the Japanese are essentially an entire faction of pure elegan/tg/entlemen production.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Kari Wuhrer > Jenny McCarthy

I was mostly shitposting, but my waifu is

https://images7.alphacoders.com/411/411162.jpg
The finest hoe is that chick serving tea to George Takei in some of the cutscenes. Wa wa wii wa, yellow fever rising.

I do not recall.

You mean her?
latest

Or her?

250px-RA3U_Takara_Sato_7775.png

They are pretty.

I still think the Japanese faction is out of place in a RA game, but at least they have George Takei and hot girls as part of the FMV cast.
https://youtu.be/_VAg5V56gPw?t=1m2s

Walks in there. :shredder:

Anyway, I'd say *nothing* is out of place in Red Alert after Red Alert 2. The whole thing is simply batshit insane, and like they said on 1d4chan the Japanese are essentially an entire faction of pure elegan/tg/entlemen production.

Oooh she is pretty. Dat outfit

Actually Red Alert 2 still made sense, as it was inspired by Cold War conspiracy theories. You know, psychic powers, UFOs, weird science, that sort of nonsense.
Red Alert, after all, is meant to a what if situation, where WW2 didn't happen and the Cold War went hot.

Red Alert 3 just didn't seem to have that theme for me. The Japanese faction didn't make sense, as they didn't have that much of an impact during the Cold War, and it really felt like EA was trying to pander to weeaboos.
The Soviets were just Russian stereotypes and the Allies were a peacekeeping force. The original theme wasn't there.
It didn't help that everything was toony and ott. RA2 was camp, but the toned down color scheme and situation provided a reasonable contrast. RA3 didn't have that contrast.

Not to mention that RA3's plot basically shit on the previous games, by making it so that none of those events happened.

Last edited:

Beastro

Arcane
is meant to a what if situation, where WW2 didn't happen and the Cold War went hot.

Red Alert 3 just didn't seem to have that theme for me. The Japanese faction didn't make sense, as they didn't have that much of an impact during the Cold War, and it really felt like EA was trying to pander to weeaboos.

Cept if you're going for a third faction in a game where WWII never happened that leaves the Jap Empire at large unless the Pacific War happened nonetheless.

The main problem with RA3s tone was that it was completely self aware of it's camp while the first two weren't and largely contained within the cut scenes and didn't really bleed into the gameplay besides the odd unit like the krakans. It providing that dark humour contrast where there's silly Stalin and Einstein and such giving you a smirk between a fairly serious take on things in the missions themselves.

I'm also sad there's no love of Gemma in this thread yet, the gal of the lot I find pretty since Jenny's devolved into something of a freak now in both looks like personality.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Didn't Japan get taken by the Soviets in the first 2 games though? Japan would be one of the first places the soviets would hit, due to its geographical proximity to Russia.
Also, keep in mind that it doesn't make sense for Japan to become an Empire after Einstein got killed, as that only stopped nukes and the weather machine from happening (which is bullshit, as there were several people working on nukes, not just Einstein, and wouldn't his death stop the Chronosphere from being developed as well?); it would not stop Stalin's USSR from taking Japan.

Agreed about the tone though. Way too obvious.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom