Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline C&C Generals 2 is dead - evolves into Free2Play gayfest... and then it dies. Amen.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://www.commandandconquer.com/en/games/bygameid/cncgenerals2/

WTF?

Does that mean the singleplayer campaign is also dead? Why do BiowarEA always have to destroy everything they touch? Generals 1 was, besides Red Alert 1 and C&C1 the only C&C that I half-way enjoyed.

Fuck that shit.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
:incline:

No one will give a fuck about some browser mmo, maybe C&C will finally have a chance to rest in peace. Fuck you, EA.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Also they got the Victory Games logo back. At least there's now someone else to blame when it turns out to be utter shit.

Story-based campaign will be sold as Day 1 DLC for $99,99 I bet.

"It's what our fans want!"

-Ray Muzyka

MetalCraze

Arcane
Buy Romantic Points packs now!
Starting from $4.99

Use Romantic Points to spice up your battlefield by gifting various cosmetic upgrades to your beloved tank!

This game can take any caliber!
Same tank-series and international tank relations possible!

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Now that Generals 2 has been canceled and it leftovers re-assembled into some F2P abomination, I wonder what those people who already pre-ordered the game on Origin will get as compensation?

Or do you think EA is just gonna transfer the money back?

:troll:

Angthoron

Arcane
Ladies and gentlemen, it's time for yet another...

EAAAAAAAAAAAAAA VICTORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!
:yeah:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
The Mammoth Tank is cold and scary on the outside, but does he have a warm heart on the inside? For only $9.99 you can find out! Buy Extinct Hearts DLC pack now!
Weak, let me try.

The Mammoth Tank, it's armor is cold and it weapons spread death, but did you know there beats a heart under the shell? A flash-and-blood heart of a woman hooked to the cybernetic brain, her only purposes in life is to fight... and die forgotten. But it doesn't have to be this way. For only $15.99 you can save her! Buy Forgotten Hearts DLC pack now!

Angthoron

Arcane
The Mammoth Tank is cold and scary on the outside, but does he have a warm heart on the inside? For only $9.99 you can find out! Buy Extinct Hearts DLC pack now!
Weak, let me try.

The Mammoth Tank, it's armor is cold and it weapons spread death, but did you know there beats a heart under the shell? A flash-and-blood heart of a woman hooked to the cybernetic brain, her only purposes in life is to fight... and die forgotten. But it doesn't have to be this way. For only $15.99 you can save her! Buy Forgotten Hearts DLC pack now!

Bah, amateurs.

The Mammoth Tank fired, her body shaking violently for a brief moment until the stabilizers kicked in. They always kicked in. She was in control, always in control; and yet, she wondered each day if there was more to this world than the violence, the explosions, the blood on her tracks and the twisted faces of fools that tried to stand in her way. Her engine wheezed pitifully. Perhaps she would never find out.

For the first time in history of the C&C games, see the emotion behind the legendary Mammoth Tank - discover her tender heart and gentle soul, find the unquenchable fire that burns in her engines day and night... And who knows, if she lives long enough, if your love for her will bloom on the battlefield, perhaps you will be the first human to remove her inhibitions, undo her stabilizers, and make her shake in the prime pleasure of true love?

Find out this fall! for only 14.99!

(Voiced by Felicia Day)

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
IMMERSIVE REALISM!

What can it be, moral and fatigue system for soldiers, control of ammo and fuel supplies, realistic damage for vehicles based on caliber and direction of a attack?

ITS!

Destructible enviroments.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
(Voiced by Felicia Day)

New armor? For me!? (pause) IS IT CHOBHAM?!
You know, some of these NOD soldiers are pretty cute. You should capture some for me! Just three boys will do it. Oooh.
You want me to go WHERE? I just had my treads redone! Man, you can be such a slavedriver sometimes.
(Fires main cannons) IT'S RAAAINING MEN! Whoo ha-ha haaa!
So...who do you think has better side skirting, me or the stealth tanks?

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
(Voiced by Felicia Day)

New armor? For me!? (pause) IS IT CHOBHAM?!
You know, some of these NOD soldiers are pretty cute. You should capture some for me! Just three boys will do it. Oooh.
You want me to go WHERE? I just had my treads redone! Man, you can be such a slavedriver sometimes.
(Fires main cannons) IT'S RAAAINING MEN! Whoo ha-ha haaa!
So...who do you think has better side skirting, me or the stealth tanks?

Okay, that's by far the most disturbing.

Norfleet

Does that mean the singleplayer campaign is also dead? Why do BiowarEA always have to destroy everything they touch? Generals 1 was, besides Red Alert 1 and C&C1 the only C&C that I half-way enjoyed.
Given that there is no evidence this game ever existed as anything other than vaporware, the fact that yet another piece of vaporware has officially failed to materialize is totally unsurprising.

Now that Generals 2 has been canceled and it leftovers re-assembled into some F2P abomination, I wonder what those people who already pre-ordered the game on Origin will get as compensation?
Let that be a lesson to those who think buying fictional non-existent products is a good idea. "Pre-order" is just a new word for "scam". I'm not really sure why people still fall for this one, especially from EA. EA has lied about this sort of thing so many times now that it's not funny. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Angthoron

Arcane
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...uer-generals-2-wont-launch-with-single-player

Well that's a yes to no SP. Well maybe you can buy it later for $30 or something as DLC.

Girls of C&C Generals 2:
Felicia Day, as the NATO briefing girl/Tanya
Jessica Chobot, briefing girl of the GLA/Suicide Licker
Digital Nyangirl, briefing girl of the Dragon/secret holographic weapon of the people's army.

DLC: Dinner Date
Take your favourite briefing girl to a dinner date! Developed with the team that brought you that Valentine's Day game.
Price: 7.99

DLC: Dinner Date 2
Take your favourite elite unit/superweapon to dinner! Developed with the same team and the voiceovers are the same but it's a F2P game people.
Price: 7.99

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom