Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Buy your very own 16 GB Codex Troll USB 3.0 (now with pictures of actual USB)

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Guys this is really cool and I will buy one, but the next merchandise item really needs to have this incorporated somehow:

:dgaider:

uaciaut

Augur
Is there a limit on how many USB drives are available? (i.e. i'm broke atm and have some priorities atm but i'll have money in like 1-2 months)

edit: nvm just noticed the oct deadline, any chance any more of these will be made in the future?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Is there a limit on how many USB drives are available?
There'll be 100 available, as that's the minimum order required - and so far it doesn't look like we need to order any more than that.

WetWorks

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014
So I've payed 30 bucks yesterday and still haven't gotten my codex-usb!!! Where's my fucking product, you steaming pile of dino-turd?!?

Btw. I assume my amassed amount of potato provides me some measure of diplomatic immunity?

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
gaiz which red should the troll be?

View attachment 3951

1805 looks pretty good. :rpgcodex:

Hey, did anyone by chance run to a local paint store and grab those color swatches to see the color in daylight or w/e?
Just saying that looking at colors on screen is different than physically under incandescent light (I'm sure you guys know that already)
Then painting white plastic will render the red a lighter shade than possibly intended-maybe ending in pink thumb drives :P
I guess Jaesun would be thrilled ...maybe Crispy types not so much :P

Weasel
Just saying that looking at colors on screen is different than physically under incandescent light (I'm sure you guys know that already.
Most of these will be used in dim basements, should be close enough to match the forum trolls on the nearby 16-colour VGA monitors. :obviously:

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
gaiz which red should the troll be?

index.php
Debating the shades of PMS red. This is the Codex in its purest form.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It is. Yet, showing this in public is bound to raise a few questions that are themselves bound to be embarassing.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
custom usb troll final.jpg

Please have a look at the revised mockup for the troll. We have changed the the red shade into the pms 1797. We have also made the arms and the legs thicker. I was told that there will be space in between the arms and the legs because of the structure of the man/troll. The black outline will be the actual cut of the USB. Let me know what you think, if you have any revision or how you would like to proceed.​

Are we happy with that red? Seems a bit bright here.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Hah, if there's no white around it it might actually look decent. Just fix the back now.
No, I still won't buy it because I have other things to waste my money on, but I'm giving you valuable advice. :smug:

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I would pick the colour that looks less gay.

Although many here are faggots and trannies, some of us aren't and want something classy and not disgusting and full of pussification. So pick the manly red, not the wussie red.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
View attachment 3972

Please have a look at the revised mockup for the troll. We have changed the the red shade into the pms 1797. We have also made the arms and the legs thicker. I was told that there will be space in between the arms and the legs because of the structure of the man/troll. The black outline will be the actual cut of the USB. Let me know what you think, if you have any revision or how you would like to proceed.​

Are we happy with that red? Seems a bit bright here.
Get rid of the chin/jaw on the opposite side ;)

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I'd go with a slightly darker red, like, ten-twenty percent darker.

I think 1805 might be best.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Updated the target to reflect selling all 100 (-PayPal fees). So as long as we've not reached that amount, we've still got more available.

If we do finish with some spares, I'll send a few to various game devs.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
They're all the same device, darkness in the later one is just due to flash.

We're only ordering 100, and we have 30 left.

22250_Sample1.png
22250_Sample2.png
22250_Sample3.png
22250_Sample4.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom