Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Butcher

Destroid

Arcane
Quake/Doom inspired platforming shooter. I really dig the art style for this one, and those sounds are very gruesome. Demo here.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Low-res Abuse meets 2D Quake deathmatch?

Not my cup of tea, but fans of Liero are gonna eat that shit up.

Farage

Arcane
Patron
Saw this a couple of days ago, its looking pretty good.
But the sounds... they need to improve the sounds.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Wow, that's fucking awesome. Great graphics and seriously gruesome sounds. Enemies not always dying out-rightly but crawling and screaming instead are a great touch.
Very promising.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I finished it on the highest difficulty level. It's fucking great. The highest difficulty level has no health packs and no armour so it requires a lot of skill.
The last level is awesome. I love the concept and the music. The name is also awesome - it's called "Room of Pleasure" or something like that. Fucking awesome.

Weapons are cool. It's a bit like Soldat but much more serious. I think that lack of stuff like rolls and jetboots added a lot of "gravity" to the game.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Thematically it reminds me a lot of Genocide but Butcher's gameplay is much faster.

lightbane

Arcane
Thematically it reminds me a lot of Genocide but Butcher's gameplay is much faster.

:what:
THIS game. Now I realize why Butcher felt so familiar, I had the sensation I've already played something like this at some point long, long ago (besides Abuse). And lo and behold, this is the game I was trying to remember. Thanks for the help :thumbsup:

toroid

Arcane
It makes me wonder what could have been if Cortex Command's developer wasn't an incompetent exploitative douche.

lightbane

Arcane
Played it. Quite cool, although the small size of the characters makes it hard to tell what's going on. Thankfully, those who don't have professional twitch-reflexes can rely on memorization, since enemies aren't smart and they always spawn in the same places. Weapons are cool, if VERY limited on ammo, and the game features a flame-thrower that's actually realistic in its usage (namely, its reach is better than a glorified lighter). However, you would assume a badass cyborg like the protagonist would be somewhat tough to kill... But that's not the case. Your murderbot is quite vulnerable to shotgun blasts and lead, even though it made more sense for the enemies since most of them are human. Amusingly enough, he's tougher against more exotic attacks (like flamers, lava and rocket-launchers) and he doesn't drown, unlike most other FPS characters (although it's hard to tell, since every pool of water is infested with piranhas).

Too bad there's only one boss in the game (the final level itself) and its somewhat disappointing. Either way, I give it a score of:

:4/5:

Ivan

Arcane
fantastic sound didn't save this from being a shitty experience. I wanted to like it, but the "gotcha" random-spawning enemies ruined it for me. A shame, I could definitely see a cool game built around the existing mechanics. A shame the devs didn't bother with a more interesting way of presenting its enemies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom