Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bugs and issues (spoilers)

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Vault Dweller did you remove Word of Honor from
Feng quest to kill or intimidate Cassius?
as I didn't get it either way.

Urbanolo

Augur
Did you pass your initial streetwise check when you met him? I think he only offers you the job if you're not a gullible sap.

I'm playing loremaster, so don't have to pass the check.

You don't get a word of honour from Feng's quest with a loremaster background. It was always like this.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Did you pass your initial streetwise check when you met him? I think he only offers you the job if you're not a gullible sap.

I'm playing loremaster, so don't have to pass the check.

You don't get a word of honour from Feng's quest with a loremaster background. It was always like this.

Ah, thanks. That explains it.

mushaden

Scholar
I wanted to upgrade my strength with levirs healing machine as an assassin but I never got the option to figure out the machines secondary mode (so I was forced to upgrade constitution).

I think the last post in the the link below explains it. I didn't try going to Iola at the inn because I had to leave maadoran (betrayed assassins).

This is my first time using this healing machine so maybe I did something wrong? I have 7 intelligence, 8 lore, and 10 crafting

https://steamcommunity.com/app/230070/discussions/0/617336568078979362/?l=english

Jason Liang

Arcane
Also, I recommend a review of all instances of all forms of the word "slay" occurring in AoD's text:

I slay dragons.
I will slay the dragon.
I am slaying the dragon.
I slew the dragon.
I have slain the dragon.
The dragon has been slain.

How interesting! I use this exact example (slay dragon) when teaching English grammar!

However I don't use it to teach tense; I use it to teach prepositions and the difference between imaginary and abstract.

Dragons are imaginary.

I slay a dragon (dragon is a platonic ideal form)
I slay the dragon (dragon is a specific example of a platonic ideal form)
I slay Drogon (Drogon is the name of a specific example of a platonic ideal form)
I slay dragons (dragon is a non-abstract idea)

'I slay dragon' is grammatically incorrect since dragons are imaginary but non-abstract ideas.

Last edited:

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
While debugging DR, I must check if the "throw opponent" strike works properly in the combatlog, but I can't find any weapon that can allow me this kind of attack.
Is there any bro who already performed the throw opponent strike (I'm not talking about the effect of a critical feint which also throw the opponent one tile away) ? Which weapon can allow this attack?

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
Some bugs/typo's/irregularities I've stumbled on during my playthroughs.

Teron:
  1. Kebab seller charges 1 imperial. This is never deducted from your treasury.
  2. When asked about prospectors the Innkeeper says: “you work for pittance”, should be a pittance.
  3. Playing as a merchant and doing the “Spike the wine” quest. Talking to Rhaskos, neither kill him nor ask him to spike the wine, come back and scare him away by telling him the guards are coming. Do so, and get to look at his stash. Now I can use a disguise and spike the wine, however poison is no longer available at the market. Homemade poison doesn’t work either. Having some kadura leaves and make it in dialogue does work.
  4. Then I went to deliver the supplies. Passed the skill checks and upon returning I could look at the stash and start all over again. Forfeiting the option to deliver the wine in dialogue brings Rhaskos back who states that he has “done everything you asked” of him, despite him doing nothing.

Maadoran:
  1. Nasir’s quest doesn’t show up in the quest log.
  2. Typo in dialogue with Tiresias he says “interpretatio”. Should be Interpretation.
  3. The armor trader inside the guildhall went out of money. Not really a problem, I guess he has a finite amount and there are many other traders around.
Below are some typo's I made a screenshot of and marked them. I'm not a native speaker, so I might have made a few errors myself.
http://imgur.com/Q7SyJQG
http://imgur.com/Q7SyJQG

http://imgur.com/OubqH1F

http://imgur.com/VhTx3Sv

Last edited:

Old One

Arcane
There's nothing wrong with the middle one. "Like as not" is an idiomatic expression synonymous with "likely" or "probably."

Good job, though. Most of the remaining typos are little, hard-to-catch bastards.

Seaking4

Learned
Does anyone know how to fix this black screen issue I've been having? It has been happening ever since I was arrested by the guards in Maadoran. Sometimes when I enter a new location the screen goes black. The cursor still shows up and the music plays. If I minimize the game and then reopen it, the screen is no longer black and will show the new location but the game is frozen. So when I was arrested I was able to navigate the conversation using the number keys and minimizing/maximizing the game after each dialogue option. However, that isn't working anymore because on these new locations where it is freezing (the palace again and the upstairs portion of the market) because the conversations don't trigger right away.

I glanced over this thread and I couldn't find a solution. I even tried googling it but the closest I game was a guy playing Dead State who had the same problem.

Edit: This is with the newest build on GOG.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dead State runs on the same engine, so if that guy had the same problem, see if he got a solution.

Seaking4

Learned
I tried his solution. Apparently he just kept re-entering the location and it eventually worked. I tried 10 times now and no dice. I can try again later I guess.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Seaking4
Then update your drivers to 16.9.1 driver (Crimson edition) or later and it should be fixed. If you have an old card you can also use 14.12 driver but updating your driver to the latest should fix your problem. I've had the same problem (I also have AMD card).

Seaking4

Learned
Ah that would make sense. Ya I've been a bit lazy with the updates. I'll try that tomorrow and see if it works.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Ah that would make sense. Ya I've been a bit lazy with the updates. I'll try that tomorrow and see if it works.
The alternative to that, or to check if it's the same bug, is to lower shadow quality to its lowest setting iirc.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Is the game still being supported, will there be future patches? I want to know if I should bother reporting a bug.

Black Angel

Arcane
With the new update, combat would stuck on my turns despite having exhausted my AP. The fixes to this is to either reload, or tried doing something that consumes AP (like applying poisons/moving equipped items, shits like that). It's getting annoying now.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Got the saves, fought the Ordu, so far can't replicate. Does it happen in every fight, regardless of attack types and enemies?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom